Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Go Vegas MAFs and Vegas pregame shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

I kind of want to be a Vegas fan after that intro. I've never really had a team. I heard they won't be able to hold the team together and this is kind of an expansion draft fluke, is that true?
Several of their players are having the best season of their careers. Is this a system change for them? Attitude? Coincidence? But they've also massive outperformed guesses and have a lot of cap space to grow.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
"Power" is a pretty good PP song.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Wrong quote, but still, laughing at the "RIP Vegas" posts from about 5s ago

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ishin posted:

How in the gently caress is that not interference

How in the gently caress would it be

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ginette Reno posted:

I feel like if Djoos doesnt touch him at all that goal gets disallowed because Perron was there and Holtby would have ran into him anyways without help
Absolutely.

Perron's being completely shoved off of his feet. No difference from when a goalie is interfered with because the defense checks the forward into him.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Flocons de Jambon posted:

That's a good goal, and also Perron kicked his skate out on purpose. Both are true.

You're giving Perron too much credit to have the presence of mind to do that

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dangerllama posted:

Holy poo poo the awareness on that play to dish.

As soon as that pass went back I started yelling. If that didn't go in I was going to lose my poo poo

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I thought that's when he breaks the best player on the team's jaw by clearing a puck towards the loving end boards

Mind_Taker posted:

The Brooks Orpik is cross-checking a dude into your own goalie.
Veteran presence. Stanley Cup winner. Brooks Orpik.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Bill Dungsroman posted:

I mean there's no way the knights win 3 in a row but I'm glad they're not going down without a fight
Every Caps fan reading this just cried out in terror.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Duke Chin posted:

Clutch n Grab Hockey is back, baby! Vegas getting away with everything for the narrative
Not a Cup final without everyone being convinced the refs are out to get their team

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Quick goddamn whistle there

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Lessail posted:

vgk needs way more talent, like nearly a different team

They're in the Stanley Cup Final you goddamn gibbering loon

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Tom Wilson scores when Fleury is pulled and hoists the cup
gently caress you

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Lessail posted:

and they were completely outmatched the entire series
Only the second best team in the NHL, better blow it all up.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

xbilkis posted:

The clock breaking in the last minute is the most hilarious anxiety inducing thing that could have happened

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

God love and keep you, Fleury, and hopefully Wilson slips and drops the Cup.
The Caps fans here all dropping any pretense and actually supporting that piece of poo poo is, again, actually making me mad

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I can't say Ovechkin doesn't deserve one.

gently caress Tom Wilson.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

shyduck posted:

Right now, someone is making sure to point out that Crosby has two more Cups than Ovechkin

Nobody did that but you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Holtby's showing emotion, what the gently caress

e: Also, since I didn't say it before, congrats Caps fans and every Capital player but Wilson. That was a long time coming and well deserved.

• Locked thread