Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeumyOzKqgI

Taver Einklassen - Pal’s Diner, Clefton Suburbs, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

Plates clinked with silverware and the smell of pancakes permeated everything. In a corner booth a black coffee sat untouched. Taver sat across from the Grey-man. The being looked grim. They used to scare Taver before he remembered the past more clearly. “Legion.” Taver said the being’s name quietly. They were many and the same this Legion. The being tipped its hat and slid across the table a piece of parchment- parchment! Who still wrote with that? A single symbol was written on it. Looking at it he could see it was an inverted cross. A child giggled from another table, the only other being aside from Taver who could see the thing sitting across from him. As Taver looked back the Grey-man was gone, a faint scent of brimstone over the scent of syrup.

The messages and symbols were coming more and more often lately all adding up to one thing. Outside of the window, church bells rang from the cathedral across the street…

You have held back your powers all these years. However, the signs cannot be denied. It. is. time.

Sante Alberighi - Star City Downtown Public Library, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

The Van almost struck Sante. Almost. The brush with death making his heart beat quickly and his life flash before his eyes. The story must be told. In a dream Sante dreamt that within the library he would find an answer how the end should begin. The stacks went up 8 floors and down into a sub-basement. He had never been to this branch before. A feeling as if Sante should go down below came and went. Looking over to his right, he could see an old set of elevators with a portly security guard standing in front of them. To his left was the children’s section while the information desk sat in front of him. An elderly librarian looked up and smiled warmly at Sante. He could leave if he wanted to. Right now. Or go with his strange dream feeling.

You haven’t even written the first word or begun the story. It can go anywhere you want, since you also are a part.

Shiva Das - Dansen’s Hot Yoga and Noodle Bar, Uptown, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

Shiva completed his pose, leading the class through their simplistic meditations and stretching exercises. He had learned all of their names, mostly beautiful young women. Maybe one or two would be ready for awakening. Eventually. The visions of spiritual beings and those that could become enlightened and transformed occurred almost constantly now. Shiva breathed deeply remembering. Then there was the first one.

He had left work, computers on his mind as he cut through Centrist Park. The crack-addled homeless man surprised him. He had thought Shiva was ignoring him but he was only deep in thought. The man had pulled a knife on him, the corpulent thug exposing blackened stubs of teeth and stinking breath. Without thinking and quite knowing it, Shiva pushed the man’s very soul and spirit. The man exploded.

A woman jogging by screamed as the skeleton also screamed as it ran. A dagguth-shar. The name came unbidden into Shiva’s mind. A screaming tormented spirit, who always would reflect on its past misdeeds. It disappeared into the nearby lake, sinking into the bottom.

Shiva snapped back to the present. The instructor’s hand on his shoulder. “Are you ok Shiva? Thank you for leading the class today.” She pointed at her broken leg still in a cast. “I owe you one.”

Shiva remembers a use of his power. He realizes he can do it again. Yoga class is over.

Francis Edgerton - The Mini-dome, East Side, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

Renting the mini-dome had consumed the last of the funding his group had. This would be it. The revival. The teens and younger adults would go out and talk to the Millennium Crowd, and the adults would talke to the Baby Bombers. They would preach about love. Harmony. Peace and light. A god that would love and care for them. It was all bullshit...mostly. The Crystal Ascension and his god didn’t care about mortal concerns. The way was the path, the path was the road to ascension, ascension would lead beyond this mortal shell and into the greater universal truth. Many wouldn’t make it but he would. First he would regain followers and popularity, the rest would follow. The money, drugs, sex. He could feel it. The end would be his new beginning, once he left it all behind. The elderly members of the congregation would see to it that people were registered. He wouldn’t get everyone, but he had two weeks to try.

Your little cult is going to have a revival! You can still get the deposit back though, if you want to try something else. Anything you want to do to prepare or even take to the streets to bring in more people is possible as well.

Detective Stephen "Steve" Kane - CSPD HQ, Heaven’s Kitchen, Southside, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

In his dreams and waking moments, he caught glimpses of a world ravaged by environmental forces. Raging rivers, hurricanes and floods, tornados and exploding volcanoes. Earthquakes, thunder and lighting as fire rained from the skies. He could see feathered and reptilian creatures running and mammalian simian creatures clutching babies to their breasts running. But there was no where to go. In the center of it all stood a gathering of impossibly tall shadows. “Tabula Rasa”. Whispered into his brain. Then Steve was in the center of the circle, he was the focus. He was the cause. Suddenly all of the bitterness and pain, the unfairness and filth of the world was on him and in him. There was no way to get rid of it. It was weighing him down. Drowning him. Killing him. He knew that he had to do it. And so he did. The destruction suddenly was him and as he destroyed everything the filth and hate washed away. Followed by...relief.

“Kane! KANE!” The voice snapped Steve out of his thoughts. The fat sargent’s chins quivered. “Captain wants to see ya!” He jerked his thumb at the closed office door. As Detective Kane entered he heard a voice, like a whisper on the wind. “Wipe them out. All of them. Cleanse the filth and the surface of the world. Bring balance and ease their suffering...”

The captain sat behind his desk. His balding patch visible from a worried brow as he stroked his large mustache worriedly. “Sit down Kane.” He said with a sigh. “He’s back.” “The Handler is back.” Detective Kane was floored. The child killer had eluded him for years and now suddenly after 5 years of nothing resurfaced?! Before he could speak Captain Mars cut him off. “I’m giving the case to Sanchez. You’re too close to this one. I’m sorry Kane, but that’s the way it’s gotta be.”

A vision. An old foe. The captain is pulling you off the case and putting the rookie detective onto it. The Handler is an extremely prolific serial child killer. He taunts the victim’s families with parts of the victim still alive before mailing them the corpse. He always lets the newspapers know the package tracking numbers. Will Kane let this slide or speak up?

Akua - Dockside, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

The dockhands brought the ship into port as the portmaster examined the shipping manifest. Everything seemed to be in order. Just a customary inspection of the containers for contraband or human trafficking and-

*BANG BANG BANG*

The man looked at the ship’s mate sideways. “What, exactly was that?”
-----------------
Akua had slipped out of the military’s net a month ago. Leaving a trail of corpses and a few surprises in his wake, he finally lost them when the Federated States agent they sent after him died tackling them both off of a waterfall. Special Agent Gerard said something about a one-armed wife as they fell. In any case he did not survive but Akua had. Broken and bleeding, he didn’t have much biomass for cell growth and it was a struggle to just keep himself together. He had gotten onto a train and that train had taken the container to a shipping yard. His body instinctively killed and absorbed the rats as he fell into and out of consciousness. He had awoken in darkness, entombed. He could see easily in the dark, his enhancements had seen to that.

A door stood between himself and freedom, it wasn’t a choice really. Throwing his shoulder against it, the door boomed open after three tries. It struck two men with the force of a truck, knocking one overboard and the other to the ground.

A pair of shoes had flown off the man’s feet as he lay on the ground below Akua. Did this mean the man was dead?

No witnesses. Akua makes his entrance. He doesn’t have a lot of biomass and his appearance isn’t disguised yet. However, there is a convenient unconscious man in front of him.

:siren: How to post below!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Character Name - Location [[[In order of Smallest to largest, separated by commas]]]
[ timg ]Picture.jpg.gif[ /timg ]

Regular text. This is the flavor Text. flower text. What we all came here for.
Not a novel spanning several pages unless it's really called for.
Not low effort garbage.
Not a one word reply to a GM post unless its a conversation over posts.

Two lines of blank space followed by OOC Italics, This is the communication to GM and the 4th wall. Format:
Qualities [+X], or Abilities [+X] used on an Action. A short and sane description on what you are doing. Punching Danny. Blowing up Moscow.

At the bottom of every post AFTER OOC italics, post the following (Easiest if you quote me and delete the rest of the post not pertaining to your character)

• Player: HiKaizer
      • Taver Einklassen

• Faction: The Lords of Chaos
    • Qualities:
      • Living Weapon [+2]
      • Lifetime of Knowledge [+2]
      • Intimidating [+2]
    • Apocalypse Ability:
      • Shadow Control [+2]
    • Drawbacks:
      • Soul Scarred [-2]
      • Wroth [-2]

• Player: LupusAter
      • Sante Alberighi

• Faction:The Storytellers
    • Qualities:
      • Artist [+4]
      • Conversationalist [+2]
    • Apocalypse Ability:
      • Baptized with Ink
    • Drawbacks:
      • Perfectionist [-2]
      • Erratic [-2]

• Player: MiltonSlavemasta
      • Shiva Das

• Faction: Terminators of The Kali Yuga, Knowers of Ultimate Reality
    • Qualities:
      • Computer Expert [+2]
      • Yogic Arts [+2]
      • Charisma [+2]
    • Apocalypse Ability:
      • Advaita Vedanta, Brahmic Magic [+2]
    • Drawbacks:
      • Unleashed [-2]
      • Federal Intelligence [-2]

• Player: Quornes
      • Francis Egerton

• Faction: The Crystal Ascension
    • Qualities:
      • Duke of Bridgewater [+4]
      • What Doesn't Kill You...[+2]
    • Apocalypse Ability:
      • The Crystal Plates [+2]
    • Drawbacks:
      • Like the Cult? [-2]
      • The Flesh is Weak... [-2]

• Player: Rhjamiz
      • Detective Stephen "Steve" Kane

• Faction: Tabula Rasa
    • Qualities:
      • Investigator [+2]
      • PPAT [+2]
      • Pistol Qualification +2
    • Apocalypse Ability:
      • Storm Lord [+2]
    • Drawbacks:
      • Anger Management [-2]
      • Soft-Hearted [-2]

• Player: Valhawk
      • Akua

• Faction: Akua [Himself], (Phyrexia Style Propagation)
    • Qualities:
      • Ruthless Manipulator [+4]
      • Improved Body [+2]
    • Apocalypse Ability:
      • Flesh [+2]
    • Drawbacks:
      • Inhuman [-2]
      • Hubris [-2]

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
saved for record keeping etc.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Detective Kane - CSPD HQ, Heaven’s Kitchen, Southside, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

Captain Mars pointed a finger at Kane's chest. "I warned you Kane. You're a loose cannon and I can't have you blowing this case due to some vendetta!" The man was turning red, as if this was indeed the last straw. "The last perp walked because you beat the confession right out of him! He killed two more co-eds before he was caught again. I'm putting you on a two week suspension, leave your gun AND your badge on your way out!"

The Captain's phone rang and he turned his back on you. A young female officer opened the door sheepishly. She didnt mean to hear your conversation. It was officer Johnson, fresh out of the academy. He eyes were wide with the awkwardness of the situation. "S-s-sorry detective Kane." She blushed. Trying to think of something to say she blurted out. "My birthday is tomorrow. You can come if you want..." she trailed off, realizing how stupid she sounded considering the situation.

Akua - Slums, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States
The man was soon absorbed, meat and bone. Akua's frame filled out again. Musculature rippling with unspent energy and nutrients. The sounds of the man shouting in the water and splashing had faded. The cold dark waters taking care of him. With a great leap Akua was on the docks and sprinting for the mesh fence. The barbed wire on top hung limply if at all and with several deftly timed jumps he was running. Running into the city. As Akua reached the fringes of what signs called "old town" he kept to the alleyways and shadowed corners. Streetwalkers, vagrants, pimps and pushers all roamed the area freely. As the guilty often did, they scattered like roaches whenever a police car would drive by. A groan at Akua's feet showed a man beyond caring. The drunk smelled of the unwashed, booze, excrement, and his own sick. Used needles and bottles littered this alleyway. It was located conveniently nearby a church if one needed a soup kitchen.

Francis Egerton - The Mini-dome, East Side, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

The size of the first meeting was pretty decent. At least 250 to three hundred people were in attendance. These ranged from bored kids, wife eyed new age initiates, to even a few attending ironically. A few legally but not 100% blind people, arthritic elderly, and even one good honest paraplegic were rounded up in Francis' net.

This would be interesting. Even his loyal cult members hadn't really seen the true power of the crystal plates. The sermon contained all of Francis' cons but this time it was real. As the people were healed he got a few eye rolls and disbelieving glares from the audience. However many were intrigued. Almost everyone took the pamphlets and free refreshments afterwards. When it was over, at least 50 people were waiting to speak with Francis. Only about 5 were crazy, 10 were serious about joining the faith(including those he healed an their SOs), the rest were unsure.

It was the testinony of those healed when speaking about their experiences that hooked the others in. A vision of a peaceful endless plane with endless voids and darkness above and a hidden shape large and omnipresent. God.

Sante Alberighi - Star City Downtown Public Library, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

The man smiles. He's very old and his skin is weatherbeaten, a pair of spectacles perched on his nose. He seems to think for a minute. "Now that is an odd way to ask a question. I'd say my favorite story would be in fiction. Though some would believe it to be non-fiction depending on who you ask." He shrugged before continuing. "A very interesting work. A collection one would suppose of grim stories, not quite-nursery rhymes and tales. They have been transcribed and translated many times and most of these stories are rare and quite unheard of. The book is in the basement. Give the guard this note."

The librarian scribbled on a pad and ripped off the paper. "He will let you through now. The book is called: The long dreams of Arbeth Kine and other stories." The man seemed to weaken a bit and the lights flickered slightly. He gripped the desk to regain his balance. "Oh my. This building is very old. I hope you find what you are looking for Mr?"

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Taver Einklassen - Pal’s Diner, Clefton Suburbs, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

The first group were the self proclaimed "Children of Darkness". Their ethos was that the godly church communities had either excommunicated or cast them out and so they must pay. Many of society's aberrant members belonged, in theory to the forums. "Sexual deviants, radical apostates, occultists, and those less than sane" It was a group that felt very wronged. The majority were just talkers and didn't do anything. Quite a few were scattered around the world. Taver's post for a meetup was scoffed at by a large number, however those who belonged to the message board AND were in Star City who weren't do-nothing lip servicemen and women did agree to a meetup. At Danny's Donut, Coffee, and Diner.

The following user handles replied:
Sharebearbaby-fur2001
DennisDarko87
XXXAsmodianXXX
Vampira_Lush
Joe Jarvis
KirkdidNothingWrong
BishopShadowMore666

Taver would still need to setup the meeting but he could see through all the bullshit to know that these souls would be perfect for his uses.

Surprisingly Nu York state had its own militia group with about three dozen members. They always were looking for ex-veterans to bolster their ranks. It was run by a man who called himself "The Colonel". It was populated by ex-members of the Federated states army, navy, and marine corp. A few ex-airforce were sprinkled in, mostly techies. Their deep web page had many videos of burning Federated States flags, speeches against the govt, and threats against the state. The Colonel agreed to meet with Taver in a small farming community north of Star City. At a place called the "Black Lion Inn" a small hole in the wall bar with a less than stellar set of internet reviews. They seemed very willing to work with Taver but just needed to meet with him first. They hated the idea of stolen valor.

The deep web was a harder place to find occultists due to the amount of bullshit they and others like them spouted. The true follower of Baphomet would be a rare find indeed. So Taver had to make due with those willing if not able. If they would not serve, then he may find another use for them... A coven of about 13 so called "occultists" seemed very eager to meet Taver after his knowledge of their incomplete scraps of rituals blew away even their leader's. They would definitely join up with Taver should he want to. They usually met at Mary's house when her dad was out of town on the weekends. Did the dark web happen to mention they were all teens in high school?

You have found the chosen out of many fakes, posers, and losers. They are the very best available to you from the Darkweb in your area, that will at the very least be willing to join you once you meet with them and show them that yes, Taver is THE real deal. Unless you mess it up somehow. Success!

Shiva Das - Nu York, Uptown

The investors knew Shiva by reputation and it was only a pittance to them to get him a coding team from the east to back him up. The app was beautifully constructed and easy to use. It had all the features that Shiva could want. It also worked. The test group for the app seemed calmer and slowly their spiritual energy seemed to rise if extremely slowly. The paid features also would help monetize it and pay his investors back and hopefully generate an income for himself.

The problem with making a new hip and trendy app is...the app store is loaded. Blapple and Froogle app stores were loaded with fitness, spiritual, and every day living apps. The digital revolution would have been good in the FOL (Federated On Line) days for something like this where A/S/L was the mantra. But this was the new millennium. Downloads weren't a huge but there was a trickle. The app was rate 5 stars out of 5. So far. The trolls and idiots hadn't had their say yet.

Time would tell if the app would be a huge hit. There wasn't any advertising and it wasn't an editor's selected app, it might be a while before this reaped more benefits.

The app with your mortal qualities has been created (perfectly) and put on the two biggest app stores. It's no tinder but there were a few thousand downloads among the tens of thousands of apps available. Income is trickling in, but you still have to pay back the investors for the coders they hired.

Akua - Slums, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

"Please, my name is Steven. Don't hurt me. My wife and kids." he whimpered. The man's cries as Akua began to break things and mend them weren't heard by anyone who would respond to it anyway. The warehouse far enough away and insulated enough and the population of this area not one to go to the cops. Healing over the man's mouth, eyes and ears as he went to work only made this work easier and more stealthy. Reopening his mouth to scream and eyes to see and ears to hear, the man begged.

There was no god. He would do anything. Anything at all to end it. The pain and torment. The insidious invasion of his body and mind. the violation. He would offer up his own wife and daughter to Akua. The fever Akua engineered to make his mind hallucinate while his senses were deprived from him made him question his reality and everything human.

When Akua asked Steven to join him. Willingly. The man sobbed with relief as he nodded yes.

---------------------
The next step and knowledge of what to do came to Akua in the form of instinct. <His body told him how/what to do but it would be up to Akua to act on it.> While it wasn't mind control and not a form of it at all, the breaking of Steven along with some carving out of some of the man's grey matter biologically would make him better. The bits removed would be replaced with something more suitable. The intelligence and experience of a man but none of the emotions or conscience. An increase in the production of testosterone and adrenaline any time he acted for Akua with dopamine any time he did anything for Akua that Akua liked and praised him for.

A very intelligent obedient dog. Akua would need to make some other changes to the man to ensure this came to pass and ensure Steven's survivability.

A minor use of your power for flavor not really mechanical effect. If you complete the process with your Apocalypse Power Steven will essentially be the perfect remorseless follower who will carry out Akua's will. One thing to mention though you might want to make his body either supremely flexible and resilient as his devotion or strong as his dedication to you. It might make him bigger and slightly monstrous but a ton more survivable. Less likely to come apart when enacting your will with supreme prejudice.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Francis Egerton - The Mini-dome, East Side, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

Casting his net far and wide, eventually he came upon someone with a bit of actual cash. Her name was Elvitine. Of the Marston family. The Marstons were old money and a part of Star City's social scene though she had not been seen in public in years. Her daughter, "Little" Paris Marston managed the business part of the family's holdings. Word of the strange new age healing Francis could provide had circulated as well as his almost borderline con-man tactics to those in the know.

Akua - Warehouse-Base, Slums, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

The man who was Steven only hesitated a moment, as eating the flesh of another being wasn't part of the conditioning, but then leapt forward drinking in Akua's cells. The man was no more. He was a tool and servant of Akua now.

His size compared to most normal people would make him a bit more noticeable but nothing too terrible. He wouldn't win any beauty contests either. Most people in the Federated States may notice his looks but would be too politically correct to comment on it and definitely would try not to stare (or be caught staring).

"I am your HAND, Akua!" The man flexed and roared as his new body and mind adjusted. For Akua though he had to lean against a pillar to support himself. He had exhausted the extra bio-mass. He would recover in moments Though.

Flesh[+2] for the roll. The setup skills make sense for the action and work within the character. He's a Brute. Was like a 12 on dice roll so he doesn't even turn into a monster. But he is big/ugly so while no one is going to call the police, he's a tiny bit memorable. Which can be good if you plan on taking over the slums as nobody that's not packing heat is even going to gently caress with him.

Add this below your character sheet. I'm going to allow 3 Lieutenants under each character. Choose wisely. You can replace them if killed. These are any monsters or beings of note following or belonging to the faction that are more than normal human. (Stuff with mechanical effect.)
Their mortal qualities are the best that can be had without breaking through the power ceiling.
Minion Abilities are like very junior versions of apocalypse ability power levels

• Player Owned: Valhawk, NPC Minion(GM run)
      • The Hand of Akua
    • Faction: Akua
    • Qualities:
      • Ultra Dense Bones [+2]
      • Maximum Strength [+2]
      • Improved Healing [+2]
    • Minion Ability:
      • Flesh Monster [+0]
    • Drawbacks:
      • Single-mindedly Devoted to Akua [-2]
      • Stands out [Large, Ugly] [-2]

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Sante Alberighi - Basement??, Downtown Public Library, Star City, Nu York, Federated States
The heavyset guard mumbles something in reply, something vague as he walks over to the elevator and scans a security badge. "People go down, but somehow they leave without me seeing them. Now don't go and mess nothin' up. Ya dig?" As Sante enters the elevator he is struck by a few things. The elevator was old. Like an antique, it had been modernized some time in the past to operate without a life operator, and with new tech type-security. Almost as if they were keeping something in rather than out. An oddity. As the elevator descended the lights flickered slightly and after riding for what seemed like forever, the doors opened and-

quote:

~Daniel Clark had been searching the Basement for newspaper archives, something was happening in the city. He could feel it. People had begun staring at him on the streets with hatred. Deep and primal. As if he were something terrible. His family and friends at first had helped him in his search, but soon they abandoned him too. What little he could glean was that this had happened before. The hum of the microfiche machine as he viewed old papers from the late 1800s hadn't given him any information. It was then that a meaty hand slapped on his shoulder. Startled he screamed as the figure clawed at him.

HATE. HATE HATE.

A woman with bruises all over her body stumbled out of a nearby rack and joined the fat man in the beating. Daniel begged. Pleaded. Until he lay still.

Above in the city it was spreading like a contagion, it was spre-~

Sante shook himself and took another step and-

quote:

~The diner was full and Mary was closing up. Greg was in his usual booth finishing his steak. He wiped a sweaty brow as he looked at the file in front of him. "Can I get something else for you hun? We're closing in about 20 minutes." Mary smiled tiredly at the man. He looked up and hurriedly covered the pictures of mutilated corpses. Had she seen? She hadn't. Greg shook his head no. Then Mary smiled again. There were too many teeth. His heart caught, and then Mary turned away and went back to cleaning. Another look. What could it hurt? Greg opened and examined the bodies again. His investigations had lead him to that farmhouse and there were other sites like it as well. But what could it mean. Every victim had been mutilated. Men, Women, Children, even animals. They were then filled with leaves and vines. The strangest set of killings he had ever seen.

Mary locked the front door. Turned and smiled at the oblivious Greg. Too many teeth. The cook and dishwasher looked up. Looked at Mary. Then at Greg. They smiled.

Too many teeth.

Too many-~

~Sante entered the basement of the library, the pretense of looking for a book quite ridiculous now. He could be a part of the story or narrate his piece of it. The end wasn't a place that existed the instruments of that end also didn't exist. At least not yet. A Sante had to write them. Make them. He had to start slow. Plant the seed. Then watch it grow. The storytellers showed him a small sample. Things that didn't seem sinister but then suddenly did, escalating. As Sante exited the elevator fully the story he would tell would~

People sometimes go into the basement and then don't come back. The storytellers are the reason. There was no book but this is how the story begins. A man buried up to his neck in the sand, the tide coming in. How did he get there? Was he trying to investigate something? Some unnameable horror stalking him or his family line? Does the devil from needful things take over Maine? The demon from IT start from consuming children and then move onto adults and then towns?
I will allow you to write one to three protagonists to discover the apocalypse. Your story must take a form, and the instrument of that end is something you will write.

Akua - Warehouse, Slums, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States
Dogs, Cats, Rats. The Hand of Akua brought them all to Akua and he consumed them. Within the week, the Slums seemed to be missing all of its birds, racoons, and small animal life. Akua looked at his own body. It was marvelously efficient. Containing all of that biomass should have made him slow and fat but actually the energy was stored within his own cells hyper-efficiently. There were rumors in the slums of a tall and ugly animal control agent, or some psycho who caught and ate animals depending on who you asked. Akua's Hand had been patient and hunted the area until nothing was left.

People were another matter, it was hard to stalk prey that could call 911 or run and escape. They would either need to be trapped or something quicker needed to be created to help Akua's hand catch them.

Akua gains a temporary quality Biomass [+2] (Well Fed). This quality can go away if used too often in the creation or modification of creatures/monsters. Making headcrabs is less impactful than say making another Hand.

The driver and security man with the car looked slightly unconvinced that Henry should come, but with Francis' persuasion they allowed it. The drive was long and soon Francis and Henry could see the massive old mansion. Butlers and maids lined the walkway up to the home and soon Henry and Francis were showed to two very large rooms.

The butler was classically trained as were all of the staff. With a bow and a request that he be called should the lady's guests need anything the butler left the room.

Now it was the security man's turn. He frisked Francis and Henry, paused at the Crystal Plates but grunted when they were explained. He seemed like he didn't believe Francis' claims or that maybe the lady had been conned before. After making sure you both were no threat to Elvitine, he grunted again and then left. "Miss Elvitine will have you both for dinner at 6:30. Don't make me regret bringing you here." He said menacingly as a parting shot.

A maid came and got you both and took Francis and Henry down the long hallways to the dining room. Dinner was soon served and as Henry and Francis were seated two large security men entered the room. They were followed by a waspish looking man who escorted Elvitine, her arm on his. He pulled out her chair and seated the old woman. He then took up position in the corner of the room as she regarded the two of you. Those eyes missed nothing. She said nothing. Soup was soon served and after the first course Elvitine wiped her mouth with a napkin and spoke. "You're a con man Mr. Egerton. I know this, you know this. But what I have heard. I trust. From sources I trust. I didn't call you here for me Mr. Egerton. I called you here to heal my daughter. She is sick, you see. Sick in her mind."

Elvitine looked uncomfortable admitting anything to an outsider. "I've been watching you. Well, having you watched Mr. Egerton. If you can heal my baby. Fix her. You can ask for anything. Within reason, of course. What do you say Mr. Egerton? Hmm?"

Elvitine's daughter is not residing in the mansion, but from what you have read she runs everything as the active owner of all of the family's businesses. Your roll to bring Henry succeeded, healing Elvitine herself isn't what she wants, but for you to heal her daughter.

Detective Kane - CSPD HQ, Heaven’s Kitchen, Southside, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

The Captain puts his hand over the phone's reciever and yells back into Kane's face. "GET OUT GET OUTTA HERE! Make it three weeks! Sgt. Muldoon! Get this rear end in a top hat outta here before I put my foot up his rear end!" Sgt. Muldoon didn't make it before Kane slammed the door. Officer Johnson nodded. "See you at O'Charley-Murphy-Muldoon's ?" She said hopefully. It was the oldest police bar in this part of the city. The three brothers from another mother had opened the place back in the 1920s. One brother was a bootlegger, another a policeman, and the last was a fireman.

As Detective Kane entered the bar, he ordered a stiff drink. "On the house. Looks like you can use it." said Joey. The 50 something bartender a fixture at the place. After several drinks the doors opened again and this time a bunch of Millennia Hipsters that looked like something out of a lumberjack catalogue entered. "Irritating little..." Growled Steve McGavin. He was retied from the force and hated young people with a passion. Kane grunted and continued to get his drink on. However soon his zen was shattered by the group. "What do you mean you don't have chocolate apple-tini's!" Shrilled a man old enough to know better.

"This place is sooo lame." Complained another. "It doesn't even have liquid nitro micro-brews and only Buddy-lite on tap." He sneered. The waitress, Donna was losing her patience at their entitlement. She said something that angered the group and then one of the boys stood up and got in her face. Pointing a finger. "Listen bitch. We're not paying for poo poo now or tipping you since you have a lovely attitude. I'll have your job you stupid, old, worn out wage-slave!"

Kane is currently status: Buzzed [+0]. However, the shitstains across the bar are ruining it. WHAT DO?

Shiva Das - Forest-Retreat, North Nu York, Federated States
The group of 32 were happy to go to the resort these were anything from small media personalities to online streamers and podcasters.

The first one who showed promise was Jenna Steely a known online personality who did comedy vlogs and makup tips. Her little dog Miss Piggy often a source of jokes and material. She always ended up with a few 100k views and seemed at that threshold of awakening.

The second one who showed promise was Jake "Get Beefy Bitch" Armstrong. He was a health enthusiast and avid crossfit fanatic. He often would get into flamewars with commenters on his website, but somehow. This guy. He was close. More in tune with his true self than anyone shown so far.

For fame and likes, they'd do what it took. For health and wellness they'd do it. For spiritual perfection as well as physical perfection, they would do it. They could manipulate people, it all depended on Shiva. Now these weren't people of violence or skills outside of their influence areas but they knew others. Like Gun Nut 2.5 an avid collector of Anime and Firearms for example. Knowledge of a connected world could help spread the app or other things for Shiva.

How about a Forest retreat? Not many mountains up there. Two of the closest to awakening have been selected. Other influencers can be available with a roll.

Taver Einklassen - Pal's Diner, Clefton Suburbs, Star City, Nu York, Federated States
The clone and bird went to their assigned tasks. From what they relayed to Taver. The Colonel was in Pal's diner. He had two men with him at a table, their backs to the wall facing the windows. There were other men who were in the group at different tables. This was a small local place for breakfast and everyone needed to eat before work, but they could be trouble if poo poo went south. As Taver entered the Colonel stood up to greet him and shook Taver's hand. Hard. No handshake could hurt Taver and the Colonel looked surprised and then impressed. He was a very large muscular man. A man in his prime and used to hard labors. An ex-soldier from the tatts on his arms and what little Taver could find out about the man. "Come and sit." He motioned to a chair with its back to the windows. "Martha's bringing the boys and me some coffee and pie, you want somethin?"

After Martha brought food and refreshments, Taver looked at the other two men at the table. "This one's my boy, Raymond." The Colonel pointed to a 20 something kid next to him. They shared a family resemblance now that Taver thought about it. "And this guy." He pointed to the other man. "Is Jason James the third. He owns the land we practice our skills on. First question I gotta ask though. Are you a member of law enforcement or a Fed? You have to tell me you know." The men (and actually several people inside the diner tensed at this question). Taver's clone and the bird verified it, but no danger was seen. "We don't like the government around here..."

Your clones are watching. No danger. However these guys seem legit if not slightly paranoid. I wonder what they have to hide from "Aunt Liberty" (The patriotic Federated States Uncle Sam Character)

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Akua's Hand drives up in an old Lincoln behind the warehouse. The muffled sounds of people bound in the trunk reached Akua's enhanced senses even before his Hand got them inside. They stunk of piss and fear. Akua could smell blood, gunsmoke. His hand had a single gunshot wound to his arm, already healed. "These didn't. Put up. A Fight...Much." Speaking wasn't part of the Hand's skills. "I took. Them. From-the. Fire. Escape." He kicked one of the forms tied up with a bag on its head. "Shot. me. No. Witnesses. No one talks here. Not want. Trouble..."

It was true really. People could commit murder here and no one talked about it. Drug dealers knifing people in the street. Men beating prostitutes, uncaring. A lucky find here. The african-federation man the Hand had kicked groaned. "Muther-fucker. You don't gently caress with Smoothie. I'm old school bitch! I-" The Hand slapped the man this time, shutting him up. The woman had pissed herself. She was weeping softly. The track marks on her arm and burn marks on her lips and legs told of a very hard life. She also was a collection of biological significance, to the right venereal doctor. Akua's senses passed over the last man. Cheap suit, cheap shoes, shirt and tie. He was crying too. "P-p-p-lease. I have a wife and son. I'm sorry. God. I'm so sorry. Just let me live. Take them. Let me live. I don't normally do this. I'm a good person. They'll miss me! My job! I'm very important! The police will come looking for me!" The man's heartrate skyrocketed and pupils dialated. A lie.

"Shut. Up." The hand menacingly grabbed the guy and shook him. All three got quiet.

Even the Hand. Akua was here. Present.

Stands out [Large, Ugly] [-2]: Akua's hand fails at convincing anyone, your skill cannot be transfered even if you're trying to teach him. He would have average or less than average manipulation. However! He succeeds. But due to Single-mindedly Devoted to Akua [-2] not how you envisioned.

The roll barely failed all things considered so no police or criminal gangs looking into what he did or didn't do. People either weren't available, he didn't find what you were looking for, or they ran from him. You can punish your Hand or not. But essentially you used a hammer when you needed a scalpel. He tried his best and did get you results. Your tampering with him makes him very accepting of whatever you want to do to him. He's not going to flinch from punishment, and will likely even be more loyal for it.

You now have in your larder:
Crystal Methanie - an old an used up prostitute. -Drug addict-
Secret: She is good at manipulation, and works men to get what she needs.

Kenny "Smoothie" Jones - pimp, player, and man who can get what you need if you have the green
Secret: He is opportunistic, clever, and sly but not strong or connected. He can get things.

Jeff Johnson - father, family man, and "hobbiest". After watching some pick up artist (PUA) videos and failing miserably at an extramarital tryst. He seeks out women of ill repute to correct his mid-life crisis.
Secret: He is a connection to an outside source of good materials for you. You can smell...the scent of a school on him. A high school teacher perhaps?

Francis Egerton - Elvitine's Mansion, East Side, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

"You have a deal, Mr. Egerton. I have many properties and friends in this city. You will have a selection of places to use or buildings for your use. And any I cannot buy, I will use my considerable influence to get for you." She smiled a shark's smile. "I will pay anything to get my daughter back. They will take you to her apartment, I warn you though this will not be easy."

The thugs look uneasy as the meeting ends and they bring you through the city. The car ride is really, really quiet. "You better be able to do this man. I don't know who would destroy you first. The old lady, or her daughter." The more sallow looking one said grimly. The vehicle pulls up to a building, the crest of the family prominent on it. You and Henry are taken up through a back service elevator into a dark penthouse apartment. The men and you all go into the bedroom.

And wait.

A few hours later, the elevator rings and the doors open. The click of high heels on tile. Click. Click. CLICK.

They stop.

The two men near Francis tense. Right as one of them is shot in the head. Through the wall. BANG! "gently caress!" The other bodyguard screams. He runs through the door and you hear the sounds of a struggle. Glass shattering and furniture breaking.

"Illuminati gangster computer god! Frankenstien controls from the moon!" She shrieked. "NSA corruption CIA operative moon men fake moon landing!" Her face seemed really really lucid as she dragged the body mechanically into her bedroom. Her eyes black and dead as she stared at Henry. Then you. "Lizardmen hollow earth behind my eyeballs clone series of clones all ghosts computer nazi knights templar!" A trickle of saliva.

This was the woman who ran the business empire?! She lifted a small handgun then shot Henry in the head before he could move. "Saturn, planet X pluto is a planet beyond the rim of the sun, capricorn..."

She points the gun at you. She's crying. Shaking.

"HELP ME..." Her whisper is like a scream. And then you do. The plates hum and sing. A vision of what exactly is wrong with her enters Francis' mind. A genetic disorder, madness runs in the family. Her father killed himself, her grandmother, two cousins killed by cop. Drugs, surgeries, commitment to asylums. Chemical imbalances in the brain. Life trauma growing up among the rich and less than sane. Abuse. Physical. Mental. Emotional. Slipping away. Slipping downward. Voices from nowhere, unreal.

The crystal god didn't notice, but she noticed it. The unreal was...real. The plates didn't need to do anything much, it corrected the minor defect, the chemicals. Her mind did the rest. She could see it was all a lie. All the conspiracies and the madness, just an illusion. The true reality was here. Right. Here. Tears of relief. She looks at Francis. "You knew? All of it? So...beautiful." She collapses into Francis' arms and cries herself out. He had come so close to death, hell the room was full of dead people! Maybe it was the shock and surprise of it all but as he held her. He let her hold him too.

In the week following this event, things were quietly hushed up and cleaned up. And Francis found himself before Elvitine again. She looked at him approvingly. She had four goons this time. "I'm sorry about your man back there." She motioned to one of the goons and he brought Francis a suitcase. Donations weren't going very well and his lease had run out. "In there I think you will find a sufficient donation, tell me what building you want and I will rent it out for you. I cannot repay what you have done for me and my daughter, my family. For that you can see I am eternally grateful. Should you ever have need of me, you can call in a favor."

Lots of rolls here, you heal the daughter but at a cost. Lots of deaths. You have gained: 1 Favor: Elvitine make it a good one when you call it in, you get one. Also her daughter wishes to worship at your church. However, you will need to let her see into the crystal god's realm or she may...take steps. Deny her worship at your peril.

Sante Alberighi - Basement?? Star City Downtown Public Library, Star City, Nu York, Federated States
-Yes Sante-
-This is the way-
A whisper. No more.

~
The salty spray crashed upon the rocks of the shore. The storm was coming. Gnarled hands gripped the wheel as Fred Demagio, known as Old Demagio to his friends looked at the prow and at the gulls looking back at him. 13 was their number. Each missing an eye. 13 eyes which stared at his soul. Bones ached and the waves crashed as the skies darkened. An ominous rumbling deep. Deep. Lightning crackled and thunder rolled, yet the gulls remained. Mouths opened and he yelled at the sounds that came out, words but not words as the gulls cried. <"We are kin, you and I."> The gestalt messenger spoke with a single voice. A single purpose. <"The Beast Rises, Father of Many. The tide is rising and all will be swept away.">
The Gulls keen loudly. <"Can you hear him?! The one who makes the sign! The sound will be swallowed in eternal darkness!">
A black wave smashes into the ship and the Seagulls were gone, as if they had never been.

Did he imagine it? He looked at his drinking flask, stuck at his belt. He shook his head and threw it overboard. A daydream? No. A nightmare. Hope? He could feel it on his very soul. The fiber of his being telling him, something great and terrible had chosen him. He needed to reach land. Tell someone. He needed to...
~

The lighthouse keeper watched the storm building out at sea. it would be a nasty one. A small ship on the horizon battling its way back to Star City. Good luck, the keeper thought. Then died screaming.

The light went out.

A good start! You can craft more of the story if you like, I will do rolls as some of your characters encounter things.

Detective Kane - CSPD HQ, Heaven's Kitchen, Southside, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

The lumber-jackoff looked back at his friends, unsure for just a moment. Then taking courage from their numbers gave Kane the finger. "gently caress you man. you're not my dad. What are you gonna do? Jack poo poo that's what." The guy pointed at Kane, but didn't touch him. He came close but stopped just short. One of the other guys piped in, the instigator. "Yeah show his dumb rear end, Chad! He's isn't going to do poo poo. Just a pussy old man trying to look good to this old lady here. Hey, old man. no one's paying for poo poo!" The whole table stood up and made to leave. Chad waving a finger like Kane was a naughty boy. "Don't mess with the big dogs man, wouldn't want you to get bit, bitch." He turned around to hi-five one of the others, turning his back on Kane. Like he was nothing. Less than poo poo.

The rookie was across the bar, watching Kane. She mouthed <Don't do it> But Kane knew no one would say anything even if he did. Cops didn't snitch on other cops.

Chad turned back to Kane. "What? you still here? You gonna cry? Look at his face. He's going to cry! Boohoo! Have a bad day baby?! Hah aha ha!" the rest of them laughed too.

Ohhh, so scary. Big man. What's he gonna do? Do something! Or you're maybe going to lose cop kama~!

Taver Einklassen - Pal's Diner, Clefton Suburbs, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

Pancakes were eaten and lots of bacon consumed. The whole dine was nodding to Taver's every word. He gets it. The colonel was impressed. "I see you get it and we want to throw in with you. The government is young. Only a few hundred years old. Just a child compared to other governments and like a misbehaving child, you need to spank it. Teach them a lesson." This got a few hell years and fists bumping the air. After spending the day with the colonel. Taver got a tour of the compound. Lots of black market weapons, assualt weapons, explosives and grenades. The men training here mostly weren't military, but country folk and hunters. There were a few real soldiers but most of them were out of shape. What they didn't have physically they more than made up for it in vehicles, weapons, gear, and anti-government enthusiasm. At the end of the day the Colonel shook Taver's hand. "Let's plan something, give old Aunt Liberty something to think about!" Numbers were exchanged and Taver soon found himself with many new friends. Friends he could use to bring The Lords of Chaos' power to fruition.

Success. You now have:
  • Player Owned: Hikaizer, NPC Minion(GM run)
      • The Colonel
    • Qualities:
      • Milita/Manpower [+2] (Rednecks, Hillbillies, Truckers, Bikers, Some Ex-military)
      • Military Resources/Weapons [+2]
      • Stronghold [+2]
    • Minion Ability:
      • None. (Needs Apocalpyse Ability use to change minion.)
    • Drawbacks:
      • Anti-Government (On Terrorism watchlist, will not accept ANY support of govt.) [-2]
      • Anger [-2]

Add him behind after your character sheet (easier to quote and cut and paste)

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 26, 2018

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Detective Kane - O'Charley-Murphy-Muldoon's, Heaven’s Kitchen, Southside, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

"poo poo!" Officer Johnson gasped as Kane broke the bottle right across the guy's face. The women in the group started screaming as the douche-bro hit the ground unconscious, blood streaming from a wicked cut across the side of his face.

"Nooo0o0o!" One of the man's friends yelled, his moustaches twitching. He was too angry to think and came right at Kane, his friends following as the girls cowered behind the table. These guys weren't hard workers outside of leg and arm days at the gym and definitely not experienced fighting men. Smashing thugs on the street was where Kane got his bonafides, these young punks probably still lived with their mom. But there were 5 more of them, and they were mad and before Kane knew it, they were on him. Raining kicks to his shin and groin, punches at his chest and head. They didn't come at him one at a time either but all at once from everywhere.

It was everything he could do to not get clocked. Kane blocked with his forearms and turned his vitals away from most of the blows. One of the guys grabbed him from behind around the middle and two more grabbed at his arms. Kane was not to be denied though. Where these guys were mad, Kane was mean. Headbutting one of the men in the nose, he was treated to a satisfying crunch as the man screamed and fell away clutching at his ruined face. A thumb hooked in the eye of the guy around his middle with a firm push left the guy rolling in agony as he shoved the others away. Right as the chair hit Kane in the head from behind. It didn't break like in the movies and the lumber-bro swung it again and again as Kane fell to the floor. The remaining attackers tried to rain kicks onto Kane but he punched one of the men in the testicles and tripped the guy with the chair into the last guy.

It was over in moments. Most of the cops in the bar were halfway to the fight, Officer Johnson being closest. Joe the bartender bellowed. "All right! Leave it!" He pointed at a couple of regulars and had them drag the would be toughs outside. "That one is coming out of your tab Kane." he gruffed as Johnson helped Kane to his feet. He wasn't too hurt, but he'd have a few bruises. Officer Johnson examined Kane for injuries as she sighed in relief. "Jesus, Kane. They were just kids. I'm glad you weren't hurt though..." She said with a blush. Kane reeked of alcohol. "I'm giving you a ride back to your apartment. No arguments!" She said firmly, looking you in the eye. The rest of the off duty cops studiously became busy doing other things. No one would tell Captain Mars about this incident. After all, the punks deserved it.

Kane maims one and fucks up the rest, he gets knocked around but Officer Johnson is taking you home to your apartment. You're drunk and luckily among friends. IF you push back on being taken home I will invoke your Anger Management [-2] and officer Johnson and a few others might feel the fury for a BP. If you want to risk Kane's situation going from annoying to something worse.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Francis Egerton - The New [NAME] Building, East Side, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJzTAcbBik
The building is quietly rented out, the lease being paid for 5 years. Everything seemed to be working out. The place was pretty raw but had grey walls painted back in the 1990s, smooth walls and complete windows, but Francis was allowed to make modifications to the multi-floored structure. Renovations would be expensive but potentially worth it. Over the next few weeks, as things were moved from the mini-dome to the new HQ, Francis worked on the texts that would be his new legacy. It wasn't the bible or john smith material but serviceable with the right stuff in the right places to bring in the lambs and keep people interested. Videos and an internet campaign would need to wait and getting this stuff to print would also be, of course expensive. Francis still had the $500,000 but he would need to decide what to spend it on. Building his church, printing the pamphlets and literature for the masses (Dianetics style). The crystals and other gear would be cheaper but depending on the amounts involved and advertising...

The Building is leased for 5 years (At no small expense) by Elvetine. It is situated close to a zoned financial district and near a few startups. The building is pretty bare but not messed up. Its very plain. But can be spruced up to Billy Graham levels eventually. You have written the literature required to lure people in but it's a passive, mortal quality thing. There are always those who will be reeled in in any case, if you can get the word out to the masses. The costumes, gear and advertising will also cost $. Once you have a place worth visiting, Elvetine's daughter will come. Appearances matter in their circles, no matter their beliefs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c

The captives snored, fitfully. Full of nightmares. The Hand merely whimpered, like an animal. His baser brain not equipped to deal with the disappointment Akua had for him. He spoke the words, wincing in pain if he made a mistake then the healing taking it away only to be hurt anew. His eyes looking at Akuya's for forgiveness as he eventually and perfectly began reciting the words. The Hand not only believed he deserved it, but that it was right and good. His loyalty unquestioning and unflinching. He had done wrong. He was bad. The master was unhappy. He was bad. He did it wrong. The whimpering was more for the mental anguish than any physical pain for what dog wished to shame its master? The parts of its brain couldn't comprehend that it wasn't its fault and that Akua was wrong, it had done its job correctly to the best of its ability. That using a blunt instrument wouldn't have worked completely without the skill. The power that Akua felt in that moment, fragmented as his memories were, was like holding a man's life in his grip. Seeing the desperation in the eyes as he squeezed and squeezed the life from them. If that was a runner's high. Than this was Akua's heroin. Twisted as it was, he felt exultation and power. Sheer unadulterated power over his victim and accomplice.

Akua owned the Hand in intimate ways no one could own any thinking being. And it was better than anything Akua had ever felt. Better than any high. Better than sex. A drug like no other. He had to have more.

=-Akua left things as they were. Should anyone happen upon the scene...well that could be delt with later. No guardian forms other than the Hand after all. And he was...busy.-=

Akua watched the church from a safe and unseen rooftop. His keen senses able to pierce any darkness and hear any sound. A few days an nights and he could see the scheduled services. Know when the priest, nuns, and altar boys came and went. What days were busiest and which were calmest. Akua had checked in on the Hand a few times, and things were the same as they were. The place was isolated after all. Until he heard...

...a gasp. The sound of a metal bar being kicked by accident and running feet.

No sentinel, guardian, or trap forms! Shame! Akua's Hand wouldn't and couldn't stop doing what he was doing. They had been watched. The watcher runs!
The church schedule and people who work there and a general idea of who goes there at what times is now known by Akua.
The Hand has been chastened for a few days, even with Akua visiting he never faltered. The unconscious people are undisturbed.

Detective Kane - O'Charley-Murphy-Muldoon's, Heaven’s Kitchen, Southside, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

Officer Johnson softened when she saw Kane's bruises. "Come on, lets get you home." The ride to Kane's one bedroom apartment was short in the police car. Officer Johnson didn't speak too loudly as Kane nodded off a few times. She helped you up the stairs and finally as you fell / walked onto the couch. "Oh Kane." She muttered as she took off his belt and shoes. A tiny pillow under your head and she draped your trenchcoat over you like a blanket. She sat in the leather chair across from the couch with a slight huff. As Kane drifted off to sleep he thought he heard her mutter something. "I love you, you big dumb lug. Why can't you behave?" And then Kane was asleep.

~The Tabula Rasa were waiting. The figures destroying the world. No. Kane destroying the world, with their power. <"A gift given. TAKE! Destroy!"> The thoughts were mandates, the world was sick. A disease called mankind had taken fire, taken away the natural order. Their clutching beliefs in a stable world, the undoing of them. But there were cracks. And places where they reigned supreme. Forcing their way in. Until the animals were animals again. The world smashed and no one could believe in anything else. Unending. Eternal. Unrepressed and unleashed power. <"One of us soon...">~

Kane was talking in his sleep and soon woke with a start. Officer Johnson was asleep in the chair across from him. Thunder rolled. Lightning flashed as the rain came down. He was breathing heavy, still buzzed and a little fuzzy. He didn't notice the man rummaging through his things at first. The hood and Kane's eyes met and he looked surprised, as if noticing Kane for the first time. Pupils dilated, the man licked his lips. In the dark Kane took in all the details. The slovenly clothing, the man's breathing and eyes. Cranked out. The bloody box cutter. Officer Johnson wasn't sleeping.

She was dead.She was just a star struck rookie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyfCyiSgKcY
The man lunged at Kane. Murder and sickness. He stank of it. The madness of the world. She was dead.

The neighborhood isn't the best, the bad economy and drugs are eroding away at human decency. Kane was spared for a reason perhaps? Officer Johnson wasn't so lucky. She forgot to lock the door before falling asleep. A mistake. One she will never learn from. You are under attack too.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Soft breaths, breathing hard. Running from Akua, terrified they will be torn apart. The tiny flying forms looked like a tiny leathery caterpillar with large membranous wings. Their tiny chirps sound eerie and frightening in the darkened warehouse as they used echolocation and not eyes to see. They had a head start on Akua but he was making up ground fast, leaping over boxes and discarded equipment.

They were getting away. NO! Akua leaped mightily, turning in the air gracefully as he landed in front of the fleeing watcher. Hand raised he put two darts into them. The figure collapsed in a pile of blankets and rags, they were much smaller and malnourished than they looked. Ripping the covering off, Akua found that he was a she. An early 20s or late teenaged girl. His eyes and other senses roamed over her, taking stock of what he had here. Dehydrated, vitamin deficient, old injuries like bones that had been broken or fractured and not healed entirely properly. A ghost of a memory entered Akua's mind, a girl somewhere. Third world perhaps, in a village. The smell of burned things and then it was gone. Phantom feelings and smells alike. She was slim and petite but had endured much. A hard life. Just like his, if he could remember it.

Dragging her back to the pile of the others, Akua set her down next to them. The Hand nearby continuing his devotions. The tracker wurms soon burned through their bio-fuel and fatty deposits and dropped the ground. Dried up husks like shriveled potato skins minus any moisture, they'd crumble to dust eventually as the cells weren't made to last indefinitely.

Akua creates some interesting bioforms as tools in the short term. They worked extremely well telling him where his prey was. A ghost of a memory. The catch of young street person, female added to the collection. The Hand is obedient even with all the excitement.

Taver Einklassen - :siren: Karoke Bar :siren:, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

Taver entered the Karoke bar, many gangs and criminals of Asian descent frequented the place. Taver's senses didn't tingle and his shadow didn't lash out or warn him of any surveillance. It didn't mean his healthy paranoia wasn't true. The group from online met him there eagerly. They all wanted to take down the church for different reasons. His shadow did bring some cameras to his attention, but passively. No one really paid Taver any mind too busy getting drunk and groping women. This was a traditional kind of place.

After much drinking and bad singing in the other rooms, Taver got down to business.

His new friends nodded.

Meeting criminals? The online group? More of the Colonel's men? Random people? I'll go with the online group that wants to take the church down. Unless you meant someone else. It would be harder to get random people to suddenly want to take down an institution they don't care about. If you want to befriend strangers first then move them on to harder stuff then we can do that and your next post can just insert them now being your friends and you leading them down the path to hell. If you use the online group you can go straight to surveillance.

Francis Egerton - The New Blooming Heart Building, East Side, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

The flock soon finds a few sales people from pottery-barnhouse and Ikeo and soon cheap but new and fashionable furnishings and decorations began filling the first and second floors. Making rooms was a little more budget consuming and an outside contracting company was soon used for the first through third floors. There wasn't enough money to do floors 4 through 10. And the secret sex dungeon was something that your followers knew would have outsiders calling the police. The front area of the basement was done properly but a specialist(and enough money to keep them quiet) would be needed for the latter half of the basement. The orders for the bibles and phamplets were submitted and would take a few weeks for the publisher to fill. But the materials would be illuminating.

Everything seemed to be falling into place. Some shady characters were hanging around, but luckily a member of the congregation called the police on them. They got away before they could be caught, but that was of no concern.

You get everything mostly except for the dungeon and secret area. The building has 10 floors (not including the Lower Level). It will take at least $300-$600k alone to make the secret area / dungeon real and keep anyone who architected, designed, and implemented it quiet. Most contractors would call the cops or file it somewhere in case it was used for bad purposes. Or tip off the govt about a cult possibly. This was kind of a really big action so training will have to wait and it kind of made sense since the secret ritual area isn't completed yet as well. Good rolls though. You almost someone visit you about your non-union construction job.

Detective Kane - "The artist formerly known as: Kane's Apartment", Heaven’s Kitchen, Southside, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

The lightning didn't shock Kane. It was what it did to the man before he hit. It was what it did to the corner apartment and building he was in. The explosion went off like a bomb. the detonation of energy in the confined space and the concussive force of the blast of thunder blew an apartment sized hole. Car alarms went off around the block as a storm unleashed heatlightning in the skies without rain. The apartment was on fire, it was small but spreading. The two bodies were charred and twisted in death at opposite sides of the room. The glow from the embers was barely enough. Kane stumbled. Unhurt. His clothes slightly singed but almost untouched.

What. The. gently caress.

He had to get out of here, there would be questions. He wasn't a terrorist but this wouldn't go down good at all. The Capt and the shouting match, the rookie and going home with her from the bar. The gas pipe from the stove caught fire and a spray of flame gushed. Alarms in the building and sirens filled the night.

gently caress.

Destruction! 1000% effective. The two bodies are burned and mangled beyond reason, the apartment is 95% destroyed and on fire. Emergency responders are on the way and all alarms are going off.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
1/3 BP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ruvzfXQoE

The Hand began his patrols, swelling with pride and his scent gave off a sense of...something akin to what a dog or other trained beast gives off when praised for doing a trick. Odd, Akua remembered animals but not any memories connected to them. Childhood. *Flash* a small amount of pain and it was gone. They did this to you. They would hunt you forever and they did this to you. The sheer wrongness of this angers you.

No matter.

The Eye was fortunately unconscious for the process, her nightmarish whimpers silenced when Akua grew flesh over her mouth to silence them. He didn't need to torment her to recreate the chemicals and layout in her brain like the Hand. He improved and made tweaks to the secret formula so to speak. Memories of the past and reflexes along with muscle memory changed and modified. Gasping, Akua finished and fell to one knee. The Hand was at his side in an instant, a stool or pedestal to lean upon. There was no judgement in his eyes, only blind loyalty and devotion. The Hand looked down to the Eye and even his diminished emotions elicited a small almost inaudible gasp. Where the Hand was brutally ugly, at least he could still be looked at. It was a testament to Akua's work on the Hand that he did not run screaming from the warehouse into the night. The Hand resumed his patrols as the Eye awoke. Akua heard a subcutaneous scream on the hearing spectrum so low only he and certain oceanic equipment could hear it. The birth cry of the eye.

Hideous and unholy she disappeared from sight. Waiting in place for Akua to command her.

Something prickled in Akua's stomach. He felt it from the Hand and the Eye. Finally from himself. They were hungry. All this biomass needed food to feed it of course.

The sounds of a lot of distant sirens and thunder echoed into the night beyond.

• The Eye of Akua
    • Qualities:
      • Undetectable [+2] - All normal means available to the public and most law enforcement are rendered unable to see the Eye. Highly specialized or equipment developed for said purpose will be at a disadvantaged roll in addition to the quality for the opposed roll for detection purposes only.
      • Agile [+2] - Able to grip almost completely sheer surfaces and climb and jump long distances. Parkour with an inhuman twist.
      • Amplified Senses [+2] - All five senses are amplified. Hearing, 360/Sight, Surround/Sound, Smell, Feeling/Taste
    • Minion Ability:
      • Flesh Monster [+0]
    • Drawbacks:
      • Lightweight [-2] - Not made for combat or able to leverage strength like the hand, don't be there when the punch lands.
      • Uncreative [-2] - To make room for more memory, abilities/senses the Eye only has basic problem solving skills. She is only after all, an instrument.

A twinge of a memory. Success. The stats for the Eye are below. You have your second lieutenant. She can speak in all frequencies. English for now but she can be upgraded for significant cost to have mimicry for anything she can hear and different languages. You, the Hand, and the Eye are very low on biofuel. Any other actions that aren't food will begin to start penalties (eventually).

Detective Kane - Kane's Apartment, Heaven’s Kitchen, Southside, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYtVf0wvPpc

Kane grabbed the fire extinguisher next to what remained of his kitchen and blasted a way to the door. Suddenly around his trenchcoat a whirlwind blew and drew the fire out in a cyclone to engulf the neighboring building. All he could feel was the need to GET OUT! Some of Kane's neighbors ran out of their apartments screaming only to freeze in place. Frost covering their mouths and solidly frozen bodies. Kane staggered back against the wall behind him and thunder slammed into it. The hole revealed a staircase, slightly warped by the explosion.

Sirens.

Smoke. Fire. Ice. Thunder. Lightning.

Then the rain poured down, like tsunami or a hurricane. Kane tumbled, barely keeping to the stairs. More sirens, helicopters from news agencies and first responders witnessing...what? No time to think. He jumped once he was low enough and a cushion of air burst under him as he rolled into a pile of garbage. People were running and screaming in blind panic. Crying. "Terrorists!" one cried. Others blamed their favorite race or group. Kane ran. He kept running.

Running to...where?

1BP for you. I forgot to award it earlier since you were pretty mad when you unleashed the fury. Also where is Kane running to?

Francis Egerton - The New Blooming Heart Building, East Side, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ScquRuRIyE

Francis lorded over his domain, the lunches were catered but soon he may have to have the faithful prepare his meals to cut costs. That was only for plebeians though. The man Francis found was named Vernon and actually had come to the recruitment center. He once had owned his own construction company but had fallen on hard times. He could work as a general contractor and bring in people to complete the work. Teaching the flock to suddenly be able to construct a sex dungeon/retreat and not have it collapse and kill everyone like a groverhouse would not be advised. However Francis was in charge here wasn't he? Holmes had constructed a murder castle in Chi-City (Federated states version of Chicago) a while ago hadn't he?

The dark thought persisted as Francis thought of what to do. He could expose the workers to the crystals when they were done. They wouldn't be ready and be turned into monsters, at least. That's what the visions had shown him.

Francis bit into a sandwich. He hadn't offered any to Vernon. The man licked his lips. Hungry.

As the sun set rolling thunder could be heard, distant sirens heading towards the distant smoke...

Vernon was going through recruitment. He used to own his own construction company but it has gone under. But he can bring in the right people and manage the project for you. What to do with the workers if you can't pay them off is entirely up to Francis. Also the timeline to complete the project will take at least 2-3 months. Upping the timeline means more people and more potential exposure.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Akua - Church, Slums, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States
1/3 BP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wskjjST4F8

Crystal woke up and began screaming, but it was over in seconds, Kenny didn't even feel anything. After the feeding Akua and his minons felt sated enough at least to continue being active. To make any further conversions would take alot more biomass. It seemed that his Lieutenants took more out of him than to create than lesser forms.

The Eye watched and surveyed the priest and his territory while the Hand guarded the warehouse. The priest was very caring about his parishioners and the deacons and altar-servers that volunteered at the church. There was a schedule of the holidays posted of course, the busiest times of mass and the leaner times when there were fewer people. The man had his duty, his calling and his faith. He always had kindness towards others and a good spirit even for those who tried to take advantage of the church. He cleaned the vandalism of the outside building without complaint and served his god and faith well. The man had few hobbies. Gardening. Collecting odd shaped figurines, of a religious theme. The man was clean and a creature of habit. He often gave advice but was also willing to listen with an open heart and mind. A good soul. If ever there was one in this world. No hidden creepy things or bad behaviors. If there were any, this man hid them even better than any could or it was long in the past.

The Eye did give a start once. Only once when the man somehow sensed her or maybe felt he was being watched. He had turned and regarded her. He couldn't see her for he didn't possess the proper extra senses but she reported this completely and in detail to Akua before the man had smiled and turned away from her. She didn't have the capacity to figure out if he had sensed her or not but came to Akua right away with the information.

The man is very solid and dependable, predictable. A creature of habit and unshakeable goodness & faith. Some form of softening of the man's reality or drug-like visions would help in the conversion. Angels in the bible were ugly were they not? The messengers of the god of old. Just appearing and torturing the man wouldn't work, Akua knew this. He'd have to do this carefully and slowly. Voices and visions etc. Ramping it up until the man could be brought in willingly. By then it would be too late. Appearing to him completely at first or tormenting him wouldn't work nearly as well for what Akua had in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJs0MeWl85o

The dungeon construction began proceeding apace. Vernon began using migrant workers for the majority of the work and paid them half up front, promising the rest at the end of construction. The men mostly were happy with this and a few did convert to the faith though most didn't speak Britanic or the version that the Federated States used. Most worked on parts and pieces and didn't get to see most of it. However the time would come when the dungeon would need its bars and restraints...

Clyde begins on tubeyou.com and twittapater and creates twits and vlogs about the church. Most of the comments and re-twits are extremely mean and vile, the hardest trolls on the internet striking at him and the church with complete anonymity. However the word was getting out and more people were visiting the church's website and Nile.com the world's largest e-tailer and book seller sold pamphlets, crystals, and a few of the church's bibles. Money and faith-seekers came in at a trickle, but it was steady and would pay for all the utilities (which were considerable but not crippling).

There was about 50k in profit at the end of the month, after bills and food. The full-time faithful that lived on premises used resources as well but did most of the work for free so it was a wash. Those that had jobs couldn't dedicate themselves full time to the faith. It wasn't a good enough pyramid scheme yet but it was working.

It was about a month or so into construction before the picketers arrived. About a few hundred burly men in workman's outfits began blocking the sidewalks and screaming and yelling at anyone coming into or going out of the building. "NON-UNION JOBS ARE FOR SLOBS! NON-UNION JOBS ARE FOR SLOBS! NON-UNION JOBS ARE FOR SLOBS!"

A dark skinned gentleman in a suit stood on top of a makeshift podium and began speaking. "Foreigners who didn't pay their dues are taking UNION JOBS! FEDERATED STATESMEN JOBS! This is not a church but a scam! Like Technotology and Sciencology they try to hide behind their status but we know they're for profit! Look up this con-man's record! Francis Egerton is a known crook!" The men bellowed in indignation and rage throwing fists in the air and signs saying not so nice national origin things (but not racist), very nationalist things, and pro-union slogans and propaganda. A few more menacing types. Likely organized crime were also intermingled into the crowd. This job hadn't paid them any kickbacks, paid no-shows for the work through the unions, or any respect to the bosses.

Each day this would get worse. The news hadn't shown up yet, so Francis at least had time to spin this or take care of it.

Cash flow is 50k profit per month after bills. Which isn't bad considering how much everything else is. The job is proceeding well but $ not flowing where some people wanted it to go has caused a small problem on the streets in front of your Faction's house.

Detective Kane - - Warehouse, North-Slums, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlyv7Zx02cM

Kane ran and ran some more. He soon found himself on the north side of the Slums in Old Town and old meth operation that he and a task force had busted some time ago. The toxic chemicals and police raid had made the place effectively radioactive to criminals and the roaches that bred in this part of town. He snapped through months old police tape and began to breathe easier. The sound of distant church bells echoed in the distance as he pondered what to do next.

The cell phone in his pocket began buzzing. Looking at the notifications Kane saw he had dozens of missed calls from the precinct and the Captain Mars himself. This number was Captain Mar's again.

You have found a non-toxic but off limits place in the North part of the Slums of Old Town. There are missed calls and one incoming call for Kane on his cell.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
1 0/3 BP

The Eye put Akua's cells in the man's food and water, his hair comb. Tooth paste and even around the air he breathed. Eventually the priest ingested enough and enough had overcome the man's immune system and body's natural defenses to settle in the parts of his brain that mattered. The first week the man heard the voices but tried not to pay attention. Akua's Eye reported to him faithfully when Akua wasn't observing the priest himself. The program had been upped to mild hallucination and halos, Akua realized he was at a milestone when the priest closed the church on a Sunday. The rest of that week the priest couldn't keep his schedule and began locking himself in his room. Another priest had taken to coming in to give the man's sermons while a second priest tried to talk the Future tongue out of his room to get medical help. However the messages were from GOD. And though he had doubts he began to believe his angels had sent him visions of beautiful halos of light and a silhouetted figure that must have been the savior. The two men from the church hadn't really known what they would find when they came to the church but they weren't too alarmed. For didn't the elderly sometimes suffer such afflictions? Perhaps it was time for the Father to step down or take a sabbatical.

Milestone reached. He's ready to see more and hear more. A lot more. Also, two meddling kids priests have come to keep the church running and try and get the Father to come out of his room.

The group was eager, if not attentive. They would at least try very hard to do what Taver had asked. They began collecting data on movements and the runnings of the place. The televangelist was called Reverand James Poctar II . He had his pockets lined deep, a multi-million dollar building built on his father's previous ministry. There were shuttles tooo and from the parking garage and a Sticky-bon along with a Starbecks inside the building. A man of god? Hypocrite! The compound had security of a sort. An out dated camera system from the 1980s and men in suits that had no weapons. Likely they were there like a lite version of bouncers. They weren't menacing or anything but they had bodies. The group was never picked on their individual days to go on stage but oddly the people who were healed made appearances again in later weeks before being brought back stage again. An odd cycle. Back stage was off limits and individual speakers would do book signings for books no one ever heard of. All of the claptrap of the big business of televangelism.

Taver has the general idea about security, layout, and how things run at this place. At least as the people he sent had seen it.

Detective Kane - Warehouse, North-Slums, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

"KANE! You're alive?!" Captain Mars sounded both relieved and pissed at the same time. "What the gently caress happened? There are bodies in your apartment Kane. They're going to need dental records to ID them. The whole building is a cluster gently caress. Like a bomb went off and then mother nature had a poo poo fit." The sounds of commotion in the background and the Captain swearing at people filled the call for a minute. When Mars came back he sounded tired. "Kane you have to come in. The office of NationLand Security are saying this might be a terrorist attack. The Federated Marshals are swarming, the BOI that's Bureau of Investigation is sending a team from the capital. This is really hosed Kane. We need to know who those people in your apartment were. You're the only living witness to the biggest incident on our soil since the 11/9 plane attacks on the Star City Imperial State Building. Where are you Kane?"

The concern in Mar's voice was not common for the man. He and Kane had fought a lot but it was clear he cared for him.

You have been called

Franky and James came in swaggering and vaguely threatening, until Francis offered them the lucrative deal. They agreed and said they would take it to their boss. Francis had a good feeling about them accepting. However a few of the more senior members of the flock offered Francis some advice. "You want to cut them loose sooner rather than later. They're going to try and blackmail you if they find out anything. Also once they have a way in, they will always want more and take more." A few of the more street savvy members had alternate advice. "It's good to have these guys at your beck and call sir, if you ever need a favor sure it will cost you. But you can count on some of the more...hard things to be done by these guys. They have a code and will mostly stick to it."

The work on the private worship areas was soon completed and the masses of union men disappeared. The dungeons were further along and some of the migrant workers stopped showing up to work. They knew about the dungeons, something would have to be done if absolute secrecy needed to be maintained.

The mob is satisfied for now. Opportunity and possible issues loom. The meditation/advanced rooms are done and the dungeons are quickly being created in the basement.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
0/3 BP

Akua's appearance to the priest was well timed. The man's colleagues were asleep and the moment was right. A small auditory and visual hallucination to make Akua hard to see behind holy light and halos and the priest was enraptured. The man began reciting prayers and knelt at Akua's feet. "Jesus lord Jesus. My one and true savior. I am not worthy to receive you." He continued on this way for quite a while. Akua could dispel this notion or go with it, it was his choice. At least Akua's appearance did not send the man into shock or insanity. It was a good start.

oh ho ho, you almost failed this roll. Luckily your prep, clever play, and you made it. In any case he has mistaken your identiy but this can be corrected.

Taver Einklassen - Compound of Reverend James Poctar II

Taver didn't enounter many people at this late of an hour. He almost stumbled upon a member of the cleaning staff but avoided the man due to his familiars scouting the way. The rooms where Reverand Poctar went after his little show were well lit and Taver could hear voices inside. "Gotta get ratings and donations up James. We can't keep the ministry going at this rate."

A loud long sniff.

"You worry too much Karl." An older man's voice said. "Now send in the young woman. My holy spirit needs tending to, as well as her own if you know what I mean." The sound of another door in the room opening and closing in the room could be heard. Some muffled conversation. Two other men laughing and chuckling. A random voice. "She likes coke doesn't she. Would do anything for it ri-?" The voices faded as possibly something unwholesome was about to occur involving the reverend and someone else.

Reverand, three other men. And one young woman left in the room. The room beyond sounds large and there is at least one other exit in that room. That's all Taver can ascertain without something more overt to find out.

Larry was honored to be the first. All of the migrant and foreign workers that had not stayed were there that night, those that had converted were there as well. They would all be indoctrinated into the mysteries or suffer their fate. Larry's eyes rolled back into his head and he fell convulsing. The workers screamed and moaned and hollered out nonsense. One man lit on fire, the green and blue flames leaving behind a perfect crystal representation of his veins and blood vessels. It looked like the map of an ant colony. Many had crystals burst from their chests and they screamed the torment of the damned as their very souls were consumed making their new existence possible. Out of the 100 or so workers assembled, about 30 died of either health causes or the transformation took them in reverse and left odd crystal sculptures behind.

Larry was more prepared but his soul was in the Crystal Realm now. His body would need watching until it too either converted or returned. The screaming soon turned to moans and the moans soon died away unto something not unlike the sound of wind chimes. Then those too faded as the newly created crystal spawn shed their old bodies in a shaking of gore and blood.

I'll allow the back dating of the crystal in the food just this once. But its not really Kosher to back date events in the future. There would have been rolls to see if anyone would have discovered this or even ate your food vs bringing in their ethnic foods from home. You made monsters. About 70 of them.

Only Larry has survived this far and his soul is on a journey. His body has been kept in a cell.

You now have:
  • Player Owned: Quornes, NPC Minions(GM run)
      • Crystal Spawn
    • Faction: The Crystal Ascension
    • Qualities:
      • Instant Non-verbal Communication - Light and an eldritch connection allows for one to know what all know.
      • Hard to Destroy [+2] - It takes massive amounts of damage to destroy and shatter these monsters. It can be done though.
      • Edges sharp as diamond [+2] - What fine melee and tools these will be!
    • Minion Ability:
      • Crystal Monsters [+0]
    • Drawbacks:
      • Basic [-2] - Unable to do anything other than single worded tasks (guard, stay, come) or needs to be supervised for other tasks.
      • Unease [-2] - The mere presence of these otherworldly things in the building gives off an aura of unease and slight dread. People won't stay away(this is not a free bonus to security) but can feel this aura. They will need to be kept far from the first floor and upper floors. In fact you might want to move services to the second floor of your building.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
0/3 BP

Perhaps the odd feeling Akua felt from the man's praise and adoration had some link in his own past. However no memories presented themselves. An odd behavior for a military experiment. Perhaps he enjoyed tools that wanted to be useful. No matter.

At his words the priest cries out, " Lord you honor me! Amen! Amen!" At being questioned further in his faith, the man agreed. "Yes lord! Without question Lord Jesus! The father and the son and the holy spirit. One with god the father and of the son!" He dogmatically responded.

Tricky. He was agreeable though.

There was a knock at the door. "Father, it is I: Father O'Brien, are you ok in there?"

You have prepped him. The priest is ready to give himself mind body and soul to: Jesus. There is a knock at the door. Your eye is outside the door behind Father O'Brien. If she was quick, she could slit the man's throat with a talon.

The crystaline creates pressed themselves into the walls, ready to come out and obey the holder of the Crystal Plates. Their dreadful humming had increased and now extended into the sidewalk outside the building. People unconsciously crossed the street at the creepy building. Foot traffic would take a hit.

The pyramid constructed over Francis' disciple soon began to glow. The man woke up screaming for hours before subsiding. He asked for Francis. "He is beyond us. Terrible. Beautiful to behold." Liquid cane from his eyes. They were not tears, but liquid minerals. "He saw me. Looked right through me. The dread realm whispered to me on crystaline winds spread through cyclopean mountainsides. They said I am Oberon and that I am to serve you."

Francis knew it wasn't words that had touched the man. He had felt the pressing psychic sounds of the place. Likely Oberon was exaggerating about the crystal god seeing him. For the being watched things beyond anything man could ever imagine.

Oberon would need rest. However the man could now guide others on the journey and with practice, command the crystal men.

Asleep went a mortal man. What awoke was Oberon. It is both him and not him. He can take others on the journey now, as well as command the crystal men as you see fit.

"The fuc-" The bodyguards drew tasers on the shadow clones. Their reaction times were amped up due to the drugs in their systems. The girl screamed, the shadows something out of nightmare. The clones closed on the bodyguards and soon had each of the men strangling in their grips.

The girl continued sobbing as both the fever and and his manager backed away from Taver. The Latin seemed to spook the manager more than the false prophet. And true to most con men the Reverand didnt know when to quit when he was ahead.

"Begone, worshippers of darkness! The lord says begone from his house! Blasphemer! Judas! I say ahhagagah-" As Taver grabbed the man by the throat he delivered the last part of his message. The manager fell to his knees and soiled himself as the girl whimpered pitifully.

Taver's eyes. It was those depths of darkness that showed everyone who saw them that yes, the abyss did stare back at you and it would consume your soul for all of eternity.

"P-p-please." The reverand croaked. If it was a prayer, it remained unanswered.

A correct guess that this is not a house of the lord. Your weakness does not apply to false prophets and their dens of blasphamy. You have everyone here at your mercy.

Detective Kane - Warehouse, North-Slums, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States

There was a pause. Then Mars spoke. "Just wait for us Kane. I'm sending a car to come pick you up."

Within an hour a squad car pulled up outside, sirens off but the lights on. A uniform by the name of Branson got out with a larger cop nicknamed "Cookie".

"Kane!" Branson called out. "Come on, we'll take you back to the Captain." Kane could see that both men were nervous. Each had a hand on their weapon as they peered in the rain into darkness of the warehouse beyond. The beams of the car only reached so far.

They're hereeeee.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
0/3 BP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeJNyWS0PtQ

The eye executes the instruction and the man falls with a thump out in the hallway. The priest before Akua looks over, distracted momentarily before Akua puts more into the man.

The priest listens. Enraptured. "Akua be thy name?" The man nodded at the historical coverups, the rewriting of the holy book. The visions swimming before him. The man knelt and wept. Wept for what could have been had humanity known, wept for joy and the future. "Yes lord, I am ready!" The vessel was prepared and Akua only needed to carefully decide on how to convert the man's body for he now had the priest's mind. The transformation would take the last of Akua's reserves out of him, and he and his new creation would be hungry. Good thing there were potential sources of food nearby.

The priest O'brien is knocked out! The tongue's vessel is now ready for whatever comes next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UIpnUyAoaw

Over the following week, Oberon converted Vernon (Now Rok-nar) and began guiding others into the deeper mysteries of the faith. Rok-nar began excavating with his tireless work force digging deep into the bowels of the building. Until they hit the sewers. The ready-made underground tunnels would make shuttling the crystal-men around even easier. Rok-nar came to Francis after services that day and asked if he wanted to delve deeper. "Great one of the great one beyond! We have reached the sewers below the bowels of the building. Do you wish for us to dig further?"

While waiting for the answer, Francis could see the social media and tubeyou views and likes for the church's videos was increasing. There soon would be an influx of people joining. A few in the fresh group seemed to stand out. James Franks, an ex-con seemed extremely motivated, as well as a woman who went by the singular name "Lilly" who had a bit of a sadistic streak. There was something about them that drew Francis' attention, though he didn't know why.

Vernon is now Rok-nar, the crystal men have found the sewers would you like to continue to dig? y/n? Also the church is gaining on social media and in popularity. Two new recruits stand out to Francis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr085d5Sv-M

A vision came to Taver as the priest's soul screamed into the long dark and the greatest of the lords of chaos, Baphomet took the offering of sinners and they screamed no more. A museum. The relic it contained would allow Taver to summon aid from the void beyond, the very depths of the abyss itself. It was a key in the intricate lock that protected the world. This was mostly metaphor but the relic would and could attune Taver and see hell's fury unleashed. It was a small stone broken from an ancient monolith from before even mankind rose on this world. Or was created. History here was always a shifting thing. The symbols on it were the key. Angels feared it, and demons had a healthy measure of respect for he who held it. If one could find the monolith, they could use that keystone to break the world even further. God would weep.

Success! In Star City an antiquities exhibit contains a newly found item. One that would have been suppressed and those who knew about it killed. However, those who could do such a thing were no longer around. And Baphomet would use this for the Lords' own foothold in this world. The location is known to taver. Nearby you see: a horse a human woman. Weeping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY-Swd7s4O0

The officers visibly relaxed. They got in the car as they let Kane get into the back seat. As they drove in the uncomfortable silence one of the officers asks, "Wha- the gently caress happened Kane? All hell is breaking lose in the city. Suddenly the Capt has us all looking for you. What is going on?" The other officer murmured something similar. As you and the officers enter the precinct its bedlam as the officers strain to contain the firestorm both literal and figuratively speaking ripping into parts of the city. Kane was hustled to Captain Mars' briefing room as there weren't any interrogation or offices available. The federated agents all looked up hostilely. "Kane." A large heavyset man in a black suit standing next to Captain Mars said. The quiet in the room was punctuated by yelling outside and the sounds of a police station stretched to its breaking point. The scene might have been playing out in other areas around Star City as well. "Take a seat." He gestured at the conference room table.

The man took out a cigarette and lit it. No one commented on his breach of protocol. He took a satisfying breath and let out the smoke. "Want one?"

They give you a ride to the station. When you get there you are hustled to Captain Mars' briefing room. The Federated government has agents waiting. Waiting to talk to Kane. You can start or the agent can. There might be something to who is goes first but I cannot let that much slip.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
0/3 BP

The priest opened his mouth to receive his last communion as a human.

A sack of flesh grew around the man as he began convulsing and having rapturous seizures of ecstasy not from any manipulation of the man's brain. But from his own belief and mind. Instinctively the man thrashed as his ears, nose, and throat were covered and his body immobilized. Akua held him close, petting the sack of flesh, the cocoon and chrysalis that would birth this new butterfly into the world. It was a disgusting miracle. As the tumorous bulbous sack grew and filled with amniotic fluids and pathetic bio-waste Akua could feel the utter confusion and screams of the priest. Both torment and pleasure as the man drowned, died, and was resuscitated endlessly. The effect wasn't unlike multiple deaths. Soon though almost too soon the birth-pod began to quiver as a critical point was reached. Only the necessary modifications to the man's body and senses were made to facilitate his abilities, it was a delicate thing. With a sickening sound of ripping leather and a stench of raw waste and blood the sack burst and disgusting fluids spilled over the floor and all over the pristine room. Akua's tongue wetly slipped into Akua's arms, the former human weakly mewling. He needed to feed.

You have maxed out your available slots for lieutenants. Good work. You are beyond drained and must replenish your bio-mass. Akua's Tongue is extremely weak and must feed if he is to survive after his birth. The priest is unconscious in the hall. Your Eye is nearby. Watching.

• Akua's Tongue
    • Qualities:
      • Master Orator [+2]: In biological beings that can reason and think, the speech patterns and voice can be modulated for great effect. Whip a crowd into a frenzy (if pre-disposed) or give a
      • Angelic Touch [+2]: Induces feelings from a mere touch alone. Shame, guilt, envy, love, happiness.
      • Pheromone Freak [+2]: Like his verbal ability, only this can make people feel sick or satisfied. Like remove the physical feelings of hunger. (but not actual bodily needs)
    • Minion Ability:
      • Flesh Monster [+0]
    • Drawbacks:
      • Inhuman Secret [-2]: His body is hideous underneath his bodyglove which is worn under clothing. If any sees him in a state of undress or forces this secret to come to light. he will be found out and if witnesses live will be known.
      • Thou shalt not... [-2]: He will not kill. He can restrain, he can incapacitate, he can capture. He can even defend himself. But he will not kill. Torture is on the table but only if it is to convert the faithless. He will die for Akua but never kill. Ever.

Akua's Tongue is born. However he has one form. It is pale and angelically beautiful, from the neck up, elbows & knees downward. His legs & torso are inhuman and look like a mix of scar tissue, cancerous tumors, bone, and scales. He will wear a high collared black bodyglove that covers him to his wrists and ankles. His holy form given to him by Akua only to be shown to the truely faithful and his god. For the world is not yet ready. His voice is that of a muse, his scent unable to be resisted by male and female, and his touch able to inspire a sense of well being and rapture in those he deems to bless.

As excavations and additions to the dungeons were continually made, Francis turned to his two stand out acolytes. He empowers them both in word and with a measure of the crystals. Both were.. focused. Each in their own way. They both had unshakable faith Francis could feel. He could delve deeper into their thoughts should he have wished it. There was something about them... they just stood out to him.
      • James bows.

"As you wish chosen one." He goes into the city over the next couple of weeks to preach the word. Some join, some don't. He gets men who drive trucks, and a few shift supervisors in charge of scheduling. He results as can be expected in these times. He returns from his task.
      • Lily kneels before rising.

"As the crystal-god wills." she goes around speaking with law enforcement, prison guards, and people of the judiciary. Her results aren't as good as James' but she had several swat team members, a few beat cops, and a police desk sergeant join the church and begin delving into the mysteries of the crystal god and reality. The turn out is good. Slightly better than James'.

There may be some healthy competition as James and Lily both watch and listen extremely attentively to Francis, Oberon, and other enlightened members of the church. Any lessons with Francis were absorbed and Lilly even chronicled Francis' words on pen and paper or made videos of his lectures on her phone so she could re-watch them. James almost was able to quote Francis from memory.

Oberon trains the missionaries himself. They are dressed to give an air of respectability in some places where that is needed, and scummy or slutty appearances where that would gain more results. At the end of the training there was a pair of missionaries for each capital city in the 48 continental Federated States. They were dropped at the airport and soon were on their way. for the crystal god. The police and judicial converts proved to be good at security and soon Oberon had a few guarding you when off duty as well as monitoring things or driving off trouble, both legal and otherwise.

The time came though when Francis' powerful *ahem* "union" friends came to visit. It seems that Fat Tony on the interests of "certain people" needed an assurance of loyalty from Francis now that ther construction jobs and the money that went with it was out of the picture.

Construction continues.
Pairs of missionaries trained and sent to each capital city. Your roll succeeds and you feel that there is something that continues to stand out about Lilly and James. They possess extreme focus and an unshakable faith. Each is different and outwardly good to Francis and the church as a whole it would seem. Without reading their minds with the plates (painful) or sifting through their souls (extremely painful) he can't quite get at what it is. Doing this may frighten them away or provoke another strong response from them. Both did very good at their assigned tasks.
You have a new security and legal force also it would seem.
The mob has also shown up. To collect. More than that which was originally owed. If you want to empower any lieutenants, you can or wait to use up those slots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQc7o2rm7po&t=50s

The woman quivered as Taver presented his choices. Death or damnation. "P-P-Please..." she wavered weakly. Unable to choose after what she had seen. The drugs. The forced prostitution. Murder. Blood. Demonic death. She fell back down to her knees weeping. "I c-c-ca-a-n't. I just can't. Please don't." She wept softly.

The roll is indecision. She is deadlocked. Taver may have to make this choice for her as the drugs and trauma, and what she has seen are gripping her vs rational thought. If you take the path of wrath or force her servitude you will gain a BP. If you take the path of mercy and let her go without killing her or coercement into demonic service the act may have effects beyond this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dXAEZ_9l-k

The agent took a deep drag as he listened. The room was quiet.

"Bullshit." A voice in the background said. The agent cleared his throat and looked at Capt. Mars meaningfully. "I'm going to need the room." As he said this federated agents and policemen filed out. Captain mars looked at Kane pityingly before nodding at him and exiting. The sounds of the police station cut off when the door closed.

The agent lit another cigarette after putting out one of many. The man was a chain smoker. "Let's say I even believe this story, and I'm not sayin' I am." He ashed on the floor. "Why you? Why target you with a bomb? Anyone who matters enough to want you dead would have just used a bullet so they wouldn't bring the heat. It can't be terrorism, you're a piece of work Kane but you're not political." The man slid a file over to Kane. It wasn't his police file. "This is a government dossier we had compiled on you from our government databases, spooky listening poo poo. You want to know what I found Kane?"

The agent paused meaningfully. "Nothin."

"You're not a wackjob or anyone who would be on a wackjob's list." The man blew smoke exasperatedly. "I mean you're not even crooked or on the take. So you tell me, why. Why would someone put a bomb, a well made enough bomb into your room. One I may add, was constructed so well that the detonation device was consumed in the explosion, and an EMP or electrical component took out the electrical grid for that section of the city. AND! Both burned and froze the bodies!" He slapped his hands down on the table. "I'm not buying what you're selling Kane! It's too pat. You wake up and don't know nothin!? Really?!"

The man passes a hand over his face and calms down. "Look. Kane. You gotta give us something to work with, else its a small dark cell where people I can't even touch get a hold of you to make you talk. After the 10/12 attacks the department isn't loving around anymore with this poo poo Kane. So talk."

The agent doesn't buy it. But is still trying to work with you.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVB5cMLi8Ss
Update:! :siren:

They both taken in the map and the office as presented by Francis. Their eyes come into sharp focus when their new mission is mentioned. They left efficiently and began their efforts in the city. After that, the two thugs come into Francis' office. "We don't like being made to wait, Edgerton." The lead man snarled. When offered the cigars the men pocketed them for Fat Tony. -=Or themselves=-. They got Francis to agree to a 15% take of his profits before leaving, smiling. Empty promises he would be made to keep if he couldn't take care of the mob boss.

A few days then a week passes. Rok-Nar has now dug the height of the building downwards, many tunnels and chambers branch off from the main chasm. Strange formations begin to grow as some crystal men accidentally have fallen into the excavations. The blue, purple and pink glow illuminates the tunnels with an otherworldly color. Its strangeness calming to the faithful and driving mad any not inducted into the secrets of the church of the Blooming Heart.

Francis' phone rings after a particularly pleasant massage. His missionaries have been arrested. Everywhere. It became apparent when they stopped checking in and all attempts to find them ended in Oberon's frustration. That and the frantic call from one of the partners on the trip that escaped initial arrests that talked about men in black vans and black uniforms that zip tied and put bags on her partner's head. As she panted and tried to say more, suddenly a scuffle is heard and she screams before Francis hears a muffled shout, "Trace that call" and the line goes dead.

That issue along with Tony not appearing in the dreamscape was troubling to Francis. Except his phone rang again. It was Little Tony, Fat Tony's nephew. "You laced meth or crack into those cigars you @%^#!. My Uncle Tony is dead. And so are you!" The call ends.

Fat Tony's heart couldn't take the first trip after so many deep fried bacon sandwiches. You didn't fail the roll, Fat Tony failed his. His nephew will be running things now, and he has to make an example. The excavations are going amazingly well and now a new underground world is being created from the corpses of crystal men. The auras are otherworldly in nature and may even be magical if not miracle based. The new mission to get public servants into the cult begins and will bear fruit soon. Your missionaries in each of those cities they were sent to are taken by men in black vans wearing black clothes, black ops style. One of your missionaries gets a call to you before the line goes dead. They sound very professional, like something out of a Tom Clancy novel.

0/3 BP

"Yes, lord." The Tongue's deep voice resonated and Akua felt pleasure from the Tongue merely speaking. The devotion and the willingness to serve communicated in scent and speech. He was only gone for 15 minutes before the Eye signaled to Akua he was coming back. Tongue and ex-priest entered the small living space. The mortal-man upon seeing Akua threw himself at his feet. Begging for the "True One" to take his soul to paradise and allow him to serve forever and ever.

The Tongue's smile was genuine. "An easy task for I spoke only the truth and he saw the light." The Tongue's knees flexed backwards for easy kneeling and the Eye followed suit behind Akua. Their heads bowed as the last priest laid flat and prostrated himself before his new lord. "He is weak and cannot give you as much as we Lord." Akua's Tongue stated. "Perhaps with proper modifications and motivations he can be made more durable? Or at least able to sing your praises eternally in thought, mind, and deed."

All of the hard work paid off with this Lieutenant. He is respectful and devoted, his ideas and thoughts dedicated to Akua and his ideals. You need more Biomass before making any more non-temporary forms. Feeding all three of your lieutenants and yourself fully before any long running tasks is advised. Everyone is just above "ok" for now. Also you have an ex-priest convinced and ready to follow you. In record time.

Taver Einklassen - The Mountain-Lion Pub

Out of the corner of Taver's eye a shadowy smudge gathered something tiny and precious from the corpse. It seemed to pause and look at him before he got the impression it ascended somewhere warm and kind. Azrael? Death? When he looked it was gone. His shadow forms hadn't or couldn't notice. No matter.

As Taver left the compound and followed the streets it soon began to get late. It began to rain and he stepped into a tiny pub. The rain soon began to pour as he took a seat in the furthermost corner in the darkness. Soon one of the patrons shouted loudly. "Hey Charlie, turn dat up will ya?" Pointing at the televisions around the bar.

A news caster was reporting on recent troubles in the city. A bomb had gone off in an apartment building, killing many and causing lots of fires. Then the gristly scene at the Compound. They called it a massacre. Police weren't calling it anything yet and as they spoke they said they had no leads and that the security tapes were either destroyed or missing.

They didn't have a clue.

Taver escapes and no one knows who did the deed.

"There's no gas leak since the whole building runs on electric. The 'explosion' centers on your place with a definite starting point Kane. You don't have to say there is a bomb for us to know its a bomb. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and the lab boys show its a duck? Looking at your record you cause as much damage as the criminals you catch." He laughs at the lightning strike theory. "Sure Kane. A lightning strike that kills two people, one of them a cop that originates from your couch...."

When Kane interrupts and tells his store the Agent puts out his cigarette. He listens. When Kane is finished he sits back and sighs. "I believe you." Then holds up a hand for Kane to let him finish. "I believe you believe what you're telling me." He amended. "Your Captain put you on leave with pay for a reason. I think you should do that. Find another place to stay but don't leave town." A knock came at the door. "Excuse me." The agent listens to the urgent whispering. "Ok. We're done here. Well Kane, it looks like some sicko may be the cause of all of this poo poo. We just had a professional hit carried out on Reverand Poctar and his whole staff. Dead hooker too. What a poo poo show. I meant it when I said don't leave town Kane, but you're free to go."

Captain Mars comes in and Kane knows that the man had been listening over the telephone conferencing system. "Kane, I..." He seemed at a loss for words. "Look, do you have a place to go? Do you need a place to stay? Maureen and I can put you up in the guest bedroom..."

Nope. You're free to go. Agent of the Tabula Rasa.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vIFwwZcf7g
      • Oberon begins dream-walking and finds each missionary. They tell him that they are being treated well for now, but that these agents are from the government! It appears that they know alot about the church. A lot. The government knew exactly where everyone would be and when. They knew about the excavations, they knew about the dungeons. Even more alarmingly they also knew about the crystal spawn and the cult. He tells Francis in the dreamspace and says he will come straight to his office. Oberon wakes up and tells the head of security that the church has been compromised. The man nods and begins talking into his radio. A dozen off duty policemen make their way to Francis office with Oberon in the lead. As the doors open, Oberon's head explodes in a fine red mist.

"Freeze." The security outside Francis' office and the contingent that came with Oberon leveled their guns at Francis' head. The speaker shocked Francis. It was James. He was holding a Federated States Marshal Badge. "By order of the Federated States National Security act of 10/12 you are under arrest for fostering terrorist activities seeking to suborn and corrupt our nation. You have the right to remain si-"

"YOU FUCKFACE!" Lily pointed at James. "You said you believed! You said we would be one. Together!" A few of the officers looked uncomfortable while covering all the doors and exits. Apparently the friction Francis noticed between his top two newest recruits was more than a friendly rivalry. "You said you loved me, that you loved the crystal god. It was all bullshit!

James seemed to sadden a moment but then his face hardened. "Lily. It was real. What I felt for you. But can't you see this is a cult? That however these monsters are made here isn't right? It's not magic. Its science gone astray. A virus or something. Come with me, testify against Francis and we'll be lenient-"

"gently caress. You." Lily looked away. Tears in her eyes. "Just arrest us.."

The officer on point moved forward to arrest Lily. Arrest all of you in the offices. But Rok-nar cleared his throat. "You might want to get down." He said to Francis. The walls erupted as a hundred crystal-men smashed into the small space. Someone screamed. Then guns started going off. Outside the building, SWAT vehicles smashed through the outer doors as government men flooded into the building. The fight began in earnest. Crystal men came from below and out of the walls. It was crazy. it was nuts. Rok-Nar grabbed Francis and Lily. "Come on! We have to get below!" The crystal plates levitated behind and followed, seemingly more alive than they ever had been. The descent began and as government agents entered the building and tried to go below they died.

Lily was crying. "Its over. Why crystalgod, why!" She wept. Her shoulders shaking. In the running her blouse had come open. -=Focus Francis=- he thought to himself. The excavations led anywhere in the city at this point, at least where they connected to the sewers. The glow of crystalmen and the strange growths lit the paths everywhere. They could guide him. the church wasn't over. The abyss couldn't be conquered and went deep.

• Fat Tony's funeral didn't even make the news. Apparently a drug lord raid was going on downtown. The explosion at the funeral shredded The Family's leadership and they would have a tough time recovering. [Success]
Oberon finds out there is a mole. He warns you and Rok-nar just in time. Oberon is dead. James is a traitor. Lily is heartbroken. A government raid is being shredded. The family of Fat Tony leadership has been decapitated

Akua - Meat Factory, Slums, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States
0/3 BP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Soh5EmaGWI&t=51s
      • The Tongue laughs joyously as it goes to do its work. The meat packing facility would fall within hours. And it did. Without any of Akua's input being necessary. There was no real bargaining to be done. For the men of the plant converted willingly after speaking with the Tongue. Akua replaced everything important in their lives.

They would murder for him. They would feed him. They wanted to. They had to.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHjtJ_e9r90

• The report from the Eye that the Tongue was returning in success came within a few hours. The meat processing plant was theirs. The Hand moved their captives into the church and signs saying that the church was closed due to roof maintenance were erected by the Hand. It wouldn't hold up forever and it was rare that the Hand had any ideas of its own worth anything. During that time Akua toyed and tested the priest. Teased and probed. It was a true believer. If one could call a mortal creature such a thing. He could hurt it, inflict anything on it and still it loved him. Sickeningly it loved him even more for it. The attention from god you see, it was everything to it.

You now have about 50 workers and 5 management from the meat processing plant. They are "normal" outside working hours so as not to arouse suspicion. The Tongue doesn't need input for converting it just does it, unless you want to be ultra descriptive flavor text-wise. But you paid for his creation with several turns and you get what you paid for. The Hand moves your merchandise while the Eye seemingly runs around everywhere bringing the information to Akua. The priest is 100% your dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9sEQ2gzx_4
"I like turtles." The young man said. "They seem to have it all figured out." He was in his 20s but liked nature and talking. Lots of talking. Davey was a talker. After expanding on his philosophy on the noble tortoise he lifted his rifle and shot his target. Clean through the heart. Blood pumped onto the ground as ragged breaths slowed and the attempted kill ended in death. "Whoo hoo!" He fist bumped the air. Taver had been spending time with the young man and the militia, this time hunting. The deer lay where it had been shot and Davey walked over and began dressing the animal. The colonel's son wasn't squeamish it seemed.

As they ate later that night, the blue eyed man sat across from Taver over the fire. He looked up to the sky, seeing the stars. "You recon, there's a god up there? Or sumthin'?" Davey was in another one of his talking moods. However, this provided the perfect opening for Taver to influence the young man.

Flavortown. How are we getting there? Working over the weeks he's openly receptive now.

:murder:The Handler - Somewhere:murder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNWLmAXNGYA

Detective Kane - Hotel Hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atqt-urehUg

Kane spread the files on the hotel room bed. The killer had been active again. But he was getting sloppy. Almost as if he was degenerating. Or evolving.
<"You are distracted. Destrooooyyy."> Kane rubbed his eyes. He hadn't slept but he had determined a pattern. The Handler was dropping his kills off around the outside of the Slums in old town. Not in them. Which led Kane to one possible idea. The killer was operating within the slums, killing there before dumping the bodies in the nice area outside the slums where his work could be seen. He would be less likely to be caught.

Manpower couldn't be dedicated to this now Kane realized because he hosed up. Whatever was wrong with him, he needed to shake it off. Before the killer struck again.

The Handler is 99% most likely to be operating in the slums. For whatever reason he is getting sloppier. Almost as if he is being rushed.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
0/3 BP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmGlfkBA0kU

The men in the factory clanked their axes and cutting implements ritualistically. Their eyes feverish and delirious. The finest cuts and most fatty and delicious pieces cut from every selection of beef. Piled high. The Hand and Tongue ate their fill, with the Eye flitting about the edges like a scavenger. Nipping a piece here and there. The Eye went on her mission and began.
  • Within the slums there were:
      • The Bloodgang - Streetgang
      • Don Lou's boys - Organized Crime
      • Micky O'brien & the Greenlads - Organized Crime
      • Vlad and the Hammers - Organized Crime
      • Bluebloods - Streetgang
      • Nacho's Lowriders - Streetgang
      • The Berserkers 1% - Transient Biker Gang
      • Angel's Devils 1% - Transient Biker gang
      • Club Jiro - Transient motorcycle street thugs

The Tongue took to his ministry with the Hand providing a deterrent to those who might want to shoot first rather than listen. It was a good thing Akua had done this because the Hand had to kill a few who would have certainly damaged the Tongue. As each gang or criminal syndicate fell into the fold the numbers of the Army of Akua's ranks swelled with weapons, drugs, money, and control of the slums. The clubs and gambling houses soon had the pimps and prostitutes also enfolded into Akua's forces. If it was vice, Akua had his tendrils into it. The few corrupt cops that took bribes also fell into the ever growing sphere of Akua's influence. There wasn't much business as usual, as the converted simply watched and waited.

The Eye began scanning the streets for the homeless and cast offs. Before she saw him. It? She didn't know what to make of him. He took one of the prostitutes that had been missed in the sweeps. An independent operator. She followed. He had incapacitated the prostitute and bound her up quite well before placing her into his van with practiced ease. The Eye could perceive the muttering of the man. It was like a prayer. The kind the mortals gave to Akua. But to himself? or some other power? The Eye ran along the rooftops keeping pace with the van easily. When the van arrived at its destination the Eye stealthily followed the man and his victim into the dilapidated building.

"WHORE!" He slaps the prostitute awake. She is bound to a table, many hooks and barbed instruments along the walls. The woman begins to scream and the man puts on his mask before he begins to work. When he is done, the Eye follows him again. Curiously he does not eat his kill but dumps it out back of a food dispensary business. She comes back to report her finding to Akua.

The interviews had a handful of young people without immediate attachments far away family or no one. No significant others. Perfect. They gathered in the dimly lit service room located in the back of the plant.

The Tongue and Hand re-entered. With the Hand gesturing emphatically. Something it wasn't usually capable of doing. The Tongue nodded at the Hand and spoke. "My lord. A very large tower made of crystal has appeared. This is after the storms and terrorist attacks on the nights previous to this event." He paused. Waiting for Akua's wisdom.

The gangs are all now a part of the Army of Akua [+2] (mortal). The interviews give Akua a handful. Also it seems the Eye has found an interesting target. A hunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pfl2Aw0y5U

The ritual is fueled for the faithful and by the faithful. From the outside, if onlookers would be believed a sphere appeared around the building and disappeared everything inside. This extended below ground. Everyone and everything suddenly gone. There was a distant screaming as if the world was being tortured and just as suddenly it was all back.

The edges cut anyone and anything close. Those that were inside already however...

Pockets of law enforcement and Federated agents still held out within the structure. Using grenades and heavy munitions to shatter their way into sealed spaces and destroy crystal men. They were taking losses and would soon lose by attrition. All radio and video contact to the outside was blocked by the divine interference of the tower. Many lost their poo poo at being dimensionally shifted and returned, and the crystal enemies did the rest. They often shot their fellows as much as any of the religious sect or monsters. A mess.

The works below have inverted and become the tower above. The Crystal Fortress will prevent entry to any not of the faith, it will confound with its aura, make people sick, cut them, and those foolish enough to try and attack will be met by the Crystal men. It emits a signal and energy that prevents communications nearby and within. It can be seen anywhere in the city as a bright, glowing, yet divine site. Already news crews and people are coming to look at this eldritch miracle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC7H1rOU1Gg

Davey found himself leaning forward. Mouth agape. "How? Did you do that?" He nodded that yes he would like to learn indeed. The shadow performed its tasks. And Davey followed it around. Putting his hand through it. "How does it hold stuff? It ain't solid?" Curiosity outweighing that this should not be happening. He smiled. Tendrils of shadow seeping into the young man, already poisoning...or was it purifying him? Taver hadn't really thought of it in those terms. Truth. A truth. One that Davey, no...David. A nice biblical name would learn at his hand.

"When can we start?"

Do you want him to be a fighter? A caster? Manipulator? How will you mold Davey into David? What kind of truths will you reveal unto him? What he gets depends on it.

Detective Kane - Hotel Hell, Heaven’s Kitchen, Southside, Star City, Nu York, Federated States
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-gbqbVd8c&t=84s

The night was his. Kane walked though the alleys. Something didn't smell right. The streets were clean, too clean. Like something bad was going to happen. He had a hunch and waited out by the Snoozy Weezy Glup'n Stop. A third rate burger and hotdog chain that was open 24 hours. An itch between his shoulder blades made him feel like maybe he was being watched but went away. A strange scent on the wind. The van rolled by into the back and stopped. Then the bags were thrown out.

Splosh. Splat. Splut.

The car's tires pealed rubber as it sped out of the parking lot. As Kane ran over. When he knelt down and saw it. Blood. This wasn't someone's chicken dinner. In an instant he was in hot pursuit. His own vehicle catching up and making up for the lead of the van. This had to be him.

Found him!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2C5HMCHp4

Media outlets were covering the siege of the alien crystal tower that suddenly manifested in the city. National outlets and the press began picking up on the story and as Francis' message went viral, the talking heads didn't know what to do. There were divided opinions but there were also those that saw the message and believed. More than Francis could have reached on his own. Outside of the federated states the current crisis was viewed as a joke or some kind of stunt. However people were waking up.

The last of the federated agents was soon captured though most were killed. They didn't survive the conversion process. Some reanimated as crystal men, but most strangely stayed dead. Almost like their inert bodies had encountered something else on their ethereal journey...

Lily's ascension was fueled by her desire to move beyond her own tragedy and prove herself to the crystal god. It still took her days for her soul to come back. She too was changed. She answered to the name of Desdemona now. Her eyes held an eldritch sheen and she seemed to carry a power that Francis did not have. When she focused her mind through her crystal jewelry or any crystals she could use psychic powers. Physical phenomenon only but that was only the start.

Rok-nar had not yet returned form his studies, the extensive tower "roots" went far and deep.

• Player Owned: Quornes, NPC Minion(GM run)
      • Desdemona
    • Faction: The Crystal Ascention
    • Qualities:
      • Psychokinesis [+2]
      • Psychic Healing [+2] (Organic only)
      • Spirit Guide [+2]
    • Minion Ability:
      • Crystal Mind-Bard [+0]
    • Drawbacks:
      • Spiteful [-2] - Desdemona will cut off her nose to spite her face and anything that matters, the jilted and betrayal of her lover and subsequent soul journey has left her damaged in this way.
      • Black widow [-2] - Her sexual partners and anyone that shows an interest (she perceives) in her, end up dead. Of any affiliation.

0/3 BP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdus6cpYeHE

The Eye left and soon brought back reports, images of televisions showing the news reels of what was going on. The Federated Agents fighting their way into a building the hand held cams of the crystal men fighting blurry the government men. The eruption of the tower and then the city's response to it. Law enforcement was closing in on the structure as well as national guard from the uniforms. Though the response wasn't as coordinated. Emergency responders of all kinds added to the chaos....

The Tongue bowed. "It will be as you say, Lord." He made his way into the police percient and said he had information about the killer stalking the slums. His way with words got him past the flunkies and the normal officers. They remembered him as a nice man, pale but nice. Nothing much else. When he was shown into the leadership's office he smiled charismatically at the man sitting behind the office chair and the federated agent next to him. The police captain's name plate said Mars on it. The gruff man said, "Come on spit it out already, we got another crisis here..."
"Of course." The Tongue replied.
When he returned to Akua, not a single policeman or office worker on any shift remained unconverted. The entire team of federated agents waited in the HQ for Akua to tell them what to do.

While the Eye and Tongue left, Akua's conversion of the workers and managers was complete. They were hideous. Blades of hardened bone and gristly muscle and brains rewired to be the most efficient processing drones was hard wired into them. Like ants, they would work until their deaths or if something distrubed Akua's colony. The prayers were constantly muttered from converted throats and lips but to the brains housing them they held little meaning if Akua even still cared. When the wives and relatives of the missing workers (the factory wasn't staffed by 100% orphans after all) would arrive he would need to decide what to do with them. But for now he had created something more and less than human. The funds that an entire factory would earn would be available to Akua, luckily he extracted the information before modifying their brains, the Hand scribbling it all down like a mungo secretary.

The crystal tower is staffed by crystal monsters it seems. Aliens perhaps? The news is rife with rumor. The Tongue has converted an entire police station, including a team of Federated Agents. You have created Drones. Hardy but barely thinking workers that are almost tireless in their work and mindless in their defense of you and your "hive". All their money are belong to you.

• Drone Forms
    • Qualities:
      • Tireless [+2]
      • Relentless [+2]
      • Mindless [+2] (They can't be bargained or reasoned with. They will not stop. Ever. Until...
    • Minion Ability:
    • Drawbacks:
      • Inhuman [-2]
      • Dumb as a drone [-2] They can do almost anything on auto pilot. But strategy and tactics ain't it.

Detective Kane - Slums, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU4srjD5-A4

Kane trailed the man to a run down house in the projects of the slums. The man seemed in a hurry, as he jumped out he ran up to the side door and clambered inside. "HAAAAAARRRRRYYY! HARRY!" an old woman's voice groused. Kane heard some low murmuring than a loud slap. "I TOLD YOU. I CAN'T MISS MY SHOWS. MAKE ME THE BEANS." As Kane approached he saw the man stiffen and then relax as he simpered. "Yes mother." The large woman was on a small electro-scooter made for those who could not carry their own weight. It was surreal that this genius killer was...a little bitch? To an over bearing mother. It was with a horrible fascination that Kane watched him "prepare the beans". A giant can from one of those warehouse stores was opened. Enough to feed a church picnic. Baked beans. Heated and served in a punch bowl. The large spoon slopped and slurped as the fat woman laughed at her show, chewing with her mouth open as 'Harry' was soon standing there in the corner of the room. Forgotten. The only hint of emotion Kane saw was a mean and hateful glint in the man-boy's eyes. The eyes of a killer.

The show was soon interrupted, to much braying and mooing from Harry's mother. It would seem that Kane's little show had nothing on what was happening in the city. A large crystal tower had appeared and...oh dear. Monsters? Aliens? Science experiments? Even Harry seemed a bit put out of it, but not his mother. "THIS IS INTOLERABLE. HARRY! HAAAAAARRRRYYY! CHANGE THE CHAN CHAN!" she demanded.

You have found his lair. Also, his mother. And the news is heating up at 10 o'clock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKR7EoEQe-k

The weeks training outside the city started out innocently enough but by the time Taver was through, David was no longer a child of the god of this world. The path was twisted and dark, and before he knew it he had sworn himself to the Lords of Chaos. Not quite realizing what that meant, until it was too little and too late. His potential and passions were harvested and made into something unwholesome. He was a killer, trained in body and mind with magics and the blessings of the Lords of Chaos as well. David actually died. It was David's own fault and the rocks and trees had fallen on him. Crushing the boy. When Taver had his shadows unbury him, he had thought that he'd be bringing back the boy's body. Taver had wrapped it in blankets as he packed up the camp site, but as he turned he dropped the coffee pot he was holding. A dark miracle. David had sat up in the truck bed like some kind of vampire or movie monster killer. David seemed confused for a few seconds before coughing. "What happened?" The training resumed in earnest after that, with Taver able to do things with David that would have been suicidal. Progress came quickly with David rising any time he made a mistake. Soon it was time to return. Return back to the town.

"What'll I tell my pa?" David said tonelessly. He looked at Taver. Was there regret in those eyes? Or just tiredness?

The timeline is slightly before the events in the city the night of the tower, because you're a bit behind if you want to do a couple things that would catch you up I'll make an exception.

• Player Owned: Hikaizer, NPC Minion(GM run)
      • David, the Darkener
    • Qualities:
      • Magic (Dark, Battle)[+2] - Only the most violent and non-helpful spells, curses, and magics oriented on fighting and battles.
      • Unholy Aura [+2] (Organic only)
      - This can merely be unsettling or harmful, depending on how much is used.
      • He's Back [+2] - Like Michael Meyers or Jason Voohees he has a chance of coming back, uninjured from devastating and fatal injury
    • Minion Ability:
      • Disciple of Baphomet [+0]
    • Drawbacks:
      • Remorseful [-2] - Knowing what he knows now, and that it is too late for him. His remorse can be used to color his actions
      • Guilt [-2] - Knowing what he does and will do, and what more will be done to darken his soul. He may grant mercy where there should be none and more. A terrible flaw in a weapon.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
0/3 BP

The Army wouldn't be ready to do anything for months. This would not do. Akua needed this process sped along so he held a bit of communion with his flock. They had all eaten of the cells of Akua and tasted of the flesh of his lieutenants. Interestingly enough with three samplings only those suited to the tasks bonded with the more capable lieutenants. The army was more normal, but slightly scarred up and "marked" with Akua's blessings. From small lumps and bumps to greater scarring. Normal people wouldn't be too grossed out by them, just unattractive people. They would be able to perform their jobs and do them well.

The police would run interference but still had to do their jobs to keep up appearances, which meant sending people to the site of the crystal tower.

The Eye abducted a meek woman and the recording biot was spiked into the base of her skull. When she awoke she was groggy but Akua's tongue began his work. Her receptors took in the pheromones, her brain and ears the Tongue's words and tones. Within minutes the event was captured a small pea sized egg falling from the biot as the thing shriveled and died. The Hand lifted the egg reverently and Akua slid it into his mouth and swallowed it. Understanding flooded him. The DNA memory of the biot that had absorbed the woman's feelings and receptors an easy thing. Akua couldn't replicate what the Tongue could do, if only because that would limit himself on all levels. That would be a mistake [GM warning]. But he could engineer disposable bio-forms that could be implanted on victims converts to his cause. The process would be a gestation period of "adjustment" that could last anywhere from a few minutes to several hours depending on the will of the subject. They could be produced easily if enough proteins and carbohydrates could be procured.

The sensory organ recorders biots are created. The conversion biot has not. They will be a one time use per victim. The army of Akua is created, their skills minor-ly mirroring their lieutenant counterparts. Only one quality per person. But the upside is they only have a single drawback. The police haven't recieved any feedback yet on missing people. They're a bit busy with the crystal situation and have to send men to keep up appearances. The army of Akua is created with a small amount of cells, otherwise they'd suck. Bad.

• Army of Akua
    • They can only have one of the following qualities:
      • Muscle [+2]
      • Relentless [+2]
      • Mindless [+2] (They can't be bargained or reasoned with. They will not stop. Ever. Until...
    • Minion Ability:
    • Drawbacks:
      • **Slightly** Inhuman [-2]

Desdemona began communing with the tower as the acolytes and priests snuck out through the roots and tunnels of the snaking ways under the city. Her face screwed up in concentration. "I can let them out, anywhere and prevent anyone from coming in." She said with a slight strain in her voice. She lifted her hands and began manipulating the tower around them. The room soon had a table and chairs that looked like Francis' living quarters and offices. She sat in a crystal seat in the corner and began to concentrate again. A large vox crystal resonated and soon Francis could hear the chatter of his priests over them, clearer and better than any radio. Desdemona raised a hand towards the wall and a large series of images spread out like multiple television screens. Each showing a different part of the fortress, and this is what was sent as different government forces tried grenades and high caliber weapons on the structure. To little effect.

She slumped, totally drained. "I...need to rest." Then passed out.

She's pretty good with manipulating crystal stuff and psychic communication. The crystal god has sent you what you believe to be a fortress.

Detective Kane - Slums, Old Town, Star City, Nu York, Federated States
Kane left the serial killer to kill more women and young girls and went back to his hotel. To do things.

As he entered he found himself very tired and fell onto the bed into a deep sleep. A trance really. The Tabula Rasa was waiting in the dream. Destruction everywhere. Their terrible eyes looked upon him and found him wanting. <"You are failing us."> The storm seemed to communicate with unbridled energy and visions. <"This reality will be lost to the others. We will not punish you if you fail. You will simply be left at the mercy of your competitors.">

The impression of disappointed laughter filled Kane's mind.
He awoke with: a new terrible knowledge. There were other forces at work on this planet. And if he didn't fight or do something...he was hosed. The television blazed with the tower and a picture of a national guard tank shooting it with little effect was sobering.

Not sure if you're running out of steam or I am?

• Locked thread