Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

guys i'm fuckin hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Nice.

The feed has started, there lazily walking around the street interviewing people. Kickoff in about an hour and a half

https://www.facebook.com/pg/rtv38/videos/

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Seltzer we got seats on the Rossi side and they're nor selling Verdi shirts over here so I'll have to see if I can sneak over to enemy territory after the game and grab one.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Rewatching old matches and is there a gentleman's agreement in Calcio that no one is ever actually supposed to learn how to grapple or box? It strikes me how clumsy everything is about the actual fighting.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Rewatching old matches and is there a gentleman's agreement in Calcio that no one is ever actually supposed to learn how to grapple or box? It strikes me how clumsy everything is about the actual fighting.

White used to have an actual MMA fighter on their team lol. I think they all train rudimentary boxing based on videos I've seen but I they don't go 100% trying to take peoples head off all game unless they get pissed. As someone who trains BJJ the grappling does look completely amateur. You'll see a few guys who know somethings but most people are just stumbling into each other.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Seltzer we got seats on the Rossi side and they're nor selling Verdi shirts over here so I'll have to see if I can sneak over to enemy territory after the game and grab one.

Do what you can do! Just try not to get attacked by a roided up Rossi fan for cheering a Verdi goal.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Seltzer posted:

As someone who trains BJJ the grappling does look completely amateur. You'll see a few guys who know somethings but most people are just stumbling into each other.

Yeah I am struck by how bad the single leg takedowns are and so how dudes will be sprawled or in side control and just be like "Welp, staying here for the next ten minutes I guess"

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The old man with the box of gold coins

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Finally got this to stream on my TV

Owns

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The Scroll is being read

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Finally got this to stream on my TV

Owns

I think I inexplicably missed the final last year, so I am extremely excited.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Anyone got a translation on that banner

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

A red player got killed in spain. That's what it was in reference to. I think he was attacked by Russians in Ibiza or something. All of my facts could be incorrect though. Read about it like 1 month ago.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Running with the bulls I hope

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

gently caress the reds but handband guy has some swagger

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's been pretty noticeable this year how quickly everybody on the front line just lies down on the ground now

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This is a super slow start

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It's been pretty noticeable this year how quickly everybody on the front line just lies down on the ground now

They made the rules a bit tighter this year after blues assault on the refs iirc

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Seltzer posted:

This is a super slow start

They made the rules a bit tighter this year after blues assault on the refs iirc

That's too bad because it's really boring now. There were like two guys shadow boxing and the wide shot is everybody just in the dirt

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Yeah

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

That's too bad because it's really boring now. There were like two guys shadow boxing and the wide shot is everybody just in the dirt

I mean green vs white started slow like this too and then exploded after a few minutes.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The crowd wants blood

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It amazes me how many people rush at people with their arms out.

That's a good way to get hosed up.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Seltzer posted:

The crowd wants blood

:same:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Green is def taking territory, they seem in control of 75% of the field.

Now they just gotta make a move

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

FFS that was a well worked play until the end

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm a big fan of the big guy for red who did a leg kick.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At least they seem a bit fired up now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

gently caress

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also a fan of that red move dang.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Aw yeah now we got some calcio

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Also a fan of that red move dang.

Really good assist

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I thought he was done after the fumble. gently caress

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Lol I am all about that green dude who no sold a kick so hard the other guy fell down

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

drat IT. I thought when that guy got kicked into the ground they would reset

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The guy throwing the mighty boot to stave off a tackler was nice

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hard to believe this is the same green

They were so elegant against the whites

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Alright, now things are getting spicy

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Our guys are landing way more of the striking exchanges.... silver linings

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Seltzer posted:

Our guys are landing way more of the striking exchanges.... silver linings

Also winning the ground war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

that one dude was wide open asking for the ball

• Locked thread