Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Is this a foot thing I don’t got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/F0i_SI63I70

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

lmao at the whole thing but in particular to the five second section that starts at 5:38 with sega guy sniffing the rumble pack and plugging it in to Nirvana riffs.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

dragon killing points

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1356324379873968129?s=21

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Jade’s system...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol did it even last 12 months

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Lol did it even last 12 months

Just barely lol. It launched November 2019

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Just barely lol. It launched November 2019

lmao right after launch the world became a gamer’s paradise that hasn’t ended and they still couldn’t make it work

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

google stadia lasting about as long as crunch time does for most big game studios these days

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Google stadia was like quibi. At no point in the process of development did anyone ask if people would want this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My retard brother Bilo — he want this!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

The Klowner posted:

Google stadia was like quibi. At no point in the process of development did anyone ask if people would want this

Google: Do you want to stream a game like Netflix?

Me: wtf no lol

Google: here you go!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Klowner posted:

Aren't there popular services that basically do what Stadia does but they work and Stadia doesn't? Like Microsoft Something?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Aren't there popular services that basically do what Stadia does but they work and Stadia doesn't? Like Microsoft Something?

Sounds like you’re thinking of Game Pass but it’s not a streaming thing, you pay the subscription to download the games on that service. PlayStation did have a streaming service at one point and it was terrible lol, every game I tried was a laggy slideshow. That was probably the better part of a decade ago though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sounds like you’re thinking of Game Pass but it’s not a streaming thing, you pay the subscription to download the games on that service. PlayStation did have a streaming service at one point and it was terrible lol, every game I tried was a laggy slideshow. That was probably the better part of a decade ago though

playstation now still exists except you can also choose to download games (if your system can run them)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nah Game Pass has a streaming thing too on Android https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/cloud-gaming

Playstation Now is still around and I hear it works decently enough

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the guy i share a ps account with told me yesterday he bought a year of ps now instead of ps plus on accident so we have that now lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
PS Now was started because Sony didn't want to include PS3 backwards compatibility in the PS4 but also saw an opportunity to get some money out of the people who wanted it. It sucked a lot.

They've recently transitioned it into a Game Pass type service where you can download a variety of PS4 games (or stream PS3 games) for a monthly subscription, but no one really knows or talks about it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Nah Game Pass has a streaming thing too on Android https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/cloud-gaming

Oh I’d never paid attention to the Android stuff before, that’s interesting

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I use the Xbox local streaming on my phone and it's pretty nice. Playing some THPS 1+2 on my phone while I watch football on the TV. Serves the same use case of the Switch in that regard.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

there was some offer where you got like two weeks of now free and i messed with it a bit, it seemed pretty ok. need a good internet connection though

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

PS Now was streaming up until the year before last I think. Only during 2020 did it start having downloadable games and they've not pushed it at all, insane lol when game pass is super popular.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Someone told me Nvidia has some sort of streaming thing that isn’t too terrible? I don’t remember the name or anything, but I saw some comparisons and it had like 5x less input lag then stadia

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Nvidia thing is better than Stadia because you're just playing your Steam games that you already own. I also think it's free with a queue and you just pay for it if you want priority. The use case is still hard to find though. I guess if you travel for business a lot but still wanna game on your company Macbook or something.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

the guy i share a ps account with told me yesterday he bought a year of ps now instead of ps plus on accident so we have that now lol

Lmao owned

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

sounds like your boyfriend is a dumbass

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Wormskull posted:

My retard brother Bilo — he want this!

elf help book posted:

Lmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

sounds like your boyfriend is a dumbass

This.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

PU No

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

American McGay posted:

The Nvidia thing is better than Stadia because you're just playing your Steam games that you already own. I also think it's free with a queue and you just pay for it if you want priority. The use case is still hard to find though. I guess if you travel for business a lot but still wanna game on your company Macbook or something.

its for console gamers who only want to play one or two pc exclusives and wont be buying a pc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PC exclusives?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

PC exclusives?

https://homestarrunner.com/games

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

PC exclusives?

i used it to play disco elysium before it came to mac

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i used it to play disco elysium before it came to mac

has anyone played the console port of DE? i can't picture playing it with a controller somehow

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

PC exclusives?

the sunless skies console version is still a dream as far as I can tell

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/PUNISHEDASH/status/1353500080100298752

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Don't care, Tali is best wife.

Tiaer
Oct 6, 2020
the mass effect thread that had all the emotes should have ended like the duke nukem forever thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Ruffini posted:

Don't care, Tali is best wife.

this