Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

This game is loving great.

Do you like Burnout takedown mode? or the second motorstorm? (the best one)

Do you like overtaking and ramming and the the first lap of a racing game where everyone is arse to nose before some gently caress disappears into the distance never to be seen again?

Then Onrush is for you!

Want to know more? here let me shamelessly steal from the website.

GAMEPLAY
ONRUSH is a new breed of high-impact, adrenaline fuelled off-road arcade racing! It’s about speed, takedowns and teamwork with high-tempo thrills that focus on fun, excitement and the spectacular.
Takedowns are core to ONRUSH. Speed off cliff edges and traverse huge ramps flying hundreds of feet through the bold, bright sky. Land with immense force crushing any opposing team vehicles unfortunate enough to be below.
Boosting at breakneck speed only gets you so far. To really gain an unworldly edge, unleash the invulnerable, euphoric blast of speed and power RUSH! Completely unique to each vehicle in both look and ability, this is like nothing seen in any racing game before.
The Stampede System makes sure you are always in the action. Racing is at its most exciting when you’re wheel to wheel right in the ‘thick of it’ and ONRUSH does just that. Never have a race ruined by spinning out or losing the pack. In ONRUSH you respawn right back into the mix ready to make an impact and perform the next most amazing takedown.

GAME MODES

COUNTDOWN

Countdown is a race through gates against a decreasing clock. Hitting the gates will add precious seconds to your teams time, keeping you in the game.

OVERDRIVE
Overdrive mode is a pure ‘Boost to Win’ onslaught until the very end. Get boost any way you can as quickly as possible and burn it up even quicker.

SWITCH
Survive as long as you can hunting down your opponents. you’ll get increasingly stronger vehicles, but so will they, be smart and work together to win.

LOCKDOWN
Lockdown is race to fight for control of a moving zone in a 100mph King of the Hill free for all. Get in the zone and fight for survival.

Plus there eight different vehicles each with their own special abilities and ults, and that awesome codemasters graphical style. The music is dope as gently caress too.

Look I could put more effort into this post, but I'm gonna gently caress off and go play the game. Buy this game and come play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gpcfmFT3jo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmRzzglibUQ&t=1217s

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

No one playing this game? That makes super sad. :(

Bruc
May 30, 2006
I picked it up today and it is fun as hell. Haven't sunk a ton of time into it yet but it reminds me of burnout in a lot of ways and I really like the different "race" modes.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Oh thank God I'm not alone!

I've put a bunch of hours into it today and it's a lot less random than you first think.

The main trick is managing your boost and and knowledge of the track is really important in the way map knowledge is important in an fps.

This might be my perfect game. I love the way it feels like a racing game where you are always in the thick of the racing.

Nothing beats baiting then braking so the guy trying to ram shoots ahead of you then popping your ult and destroying them. It has an element of ww2 dogfighting to it.

There really is nothing like this game.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I bought this as well, figured if I constantly moan about people not making different racing games in the style I tend to prefer then I should probably buy one when a company actually does. It's pretty drat good, only played a few online matches and a bit of the single player so far but really enjoying it.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
I have only played 1 game online so far but it really solidified my love for this game. Came back from being down 1-7 in lockdown to win it by just smashing the hell out of people in a truck. They really do a good job of making it feel like you are racing even though there isnt a finish line or anything.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

It's honestly the best car combat I have ever seen by a mile, it actually feels like mad Max. There's no driving around in circles like grounded airplanes.

The best part is learning how to undertake so you end up behind your victim so you can pop your ult and wreck them.

But the game makes it so sometimes you do want to overtake and be ahead so it doesn't devolve into who can drive around the track the slowest.

gently caress I love this game.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Some guy on the Reddit made a tier list, I feel like it's pretty on point. Though I am starting to like bikes more depending on the map. They can get though places where others can't.

I understand that each car has strengths and weaknesses in each game mode. But this tier list is based solely off of the cars that do best throughout all game modes as a whole.

Enforcer This cars special ability is very strong for following up someone who has been made vulnerable. But it’s biggest strength is how difficult it is to take out. Usually the only counter play is landing on top of him or using another Enforcer or Titan. Plus his blinding his ability is grossly strong to, especially around chaotic areas like between trains, trees, etc.

Titan Again like the Enforcer it is incredibly hard to kill but also kills easily like the Enforcer. Name of this game is staying alive to aid your team and both these cars do that phenomenally. I’ve even had this car rival my rush, which I think should never happen. Plus his special ability shield is very good for every game mode.

Rampage This cars special ability is arguably the strongest in the game. Plus his ultimate is also one of the strongest as well. Gets taken out somewhat easily, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Dynamo The support car is good at supporting, figure that. It’s ult is good in every game mode across the board and it’s special ability is decent enough to put it in this spot. Plus the car is surprisingly hard to kill given its size. Usually can take out the charger and interceptor without much issue

Vortex It’s a shame this car isn’t that great because it’s my favourite one to use. But it has some glaring issues, one being the rush fuel requiring barrel rolls. It’s just not enough to keep up with the others rush fuels. The only good use I’ve found for him is in countdown because of its speed and the ability to stay ahead of the pack. And his ult can be disruptive too. But the biggest glaring issue is how weak this car is when it comes to takedowns, it feels as though it’s the same weight as one of the bikes.

Interceptor Man this car doesn’t really have a place at all. It’s supposed to be the “aggressive” car as stated in the intro, but the Enforcer and Titan do its job and then some much better. On top of that it’s rush fuel is bad because it puts you in awkward situations. And the final nail is the special ability is absolutely useless. Having to stop boosting so that his surge ability can be used is terrible in every way and needs to be reworked entirely, or at least charge faster. As for takedowns he’s average at best.

Outlaw Bikes in this game are useless. And that is already becoming obvious online. They can’t take down anything without landing on top of them or hitting another bike. You feel like a fly to the other cars and usually are taken out by a slight tap most of the time. Barely anyone chooses them at all. This bikes pros are really only it’s special ability slam because it’s slightly annoying to the enemy team.

Blade Pretty much the same issues as the outlaw. It’s only redeeming factor is his ult. You should never use this vehicle. Even in switch your better off using Outlaw because of the slam ability, and you most likely won’t be alive long enough to use rush with it anyway.

So in summary this game is all about staying alive and taking out your opponents. Because for the most part all the cars are relatively the same speed and you always spawn in the pack, survivability and kill potential is a must. I personally think it’s just a matter of time before it’s only Enforcers and Titans every game.

TL:DR Bigger the car the better. Survivability and kill potential are most important.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
That matches up pretty well with my experi3nces though I do find the bikes useful at times. The shockwave on landing is fun and can be pretty useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm digging this thread up to say this game owns and people should buy it cause it's on sale.

• Locked thread