Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm pretty sure Square put those bonus dungeons into CT DS so that nobody would ever ask for another Chrono game.

They don't really need another one TBH

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

[Obviously reading a cue card] Hello, this is Francis Ford Coppola, director of Apocalypse Now. I liked the movie so much... I made a video game.

[Tossing cue cards absently on the floor] I'm Marlon loving Brando. You'll see every Mario character in this game, but you'll never see an image of Wario because they were ever so watchful for that—and rightly so. They never allowed him to be shown on screen.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dongslayer. posted:

this one really hurts. also true fantasy online

eh, Mother 3 was probably better the way it came out IMO

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

Warner Herzog: This is Timothy's camera. During the fatal attack, there was no time to remove the lens cap. Jewel Palovak allowed me to listen to the audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN90ar6G3pE

Warner Herzog: Turn it off. Jewel, you must never listen to this.

Jewel Palovak: I know, Warner... I'm never going to.

Warner Herzog: I think you should not keep it, you should destroy it... I think that's what you should do.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

EA having a good e3 presentation

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

its good that it came out on gba instead of n64, otherwise it would have been ugly and bad

yeah.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

milhouse voice: R-r-remember Bonk? Well now he's back! Ih-in VR!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plutonis posted:

This site is full of those I think I posted on another thread

https://www.unseen64.net/2010/09/17/the-witcher-1997-version-pc-cancelled/

this site owns

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

https://www.unseen64.net/2015/02/09/nintendo-harry-potter-games-pitch/

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's filled with "my uncle worked at Nintendo and they were working on this game" with a bunch of photoshops and I believe every one.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

SNES Sim City was fun back before the internet, but once Gamefaqs unraveled how it actually worked, it kind of lost its appeal, unfortunately

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I heard it's actually impossible to get a megaopolis or whatever due to some glitch.

It's not impossible but you have to have to play really, really weirdly, like building a bunch of stuff and then immediately bulldozing it. That era's Sim games required you to know weird stuff like Actraiser's "Make sure you build as few paths that create bridges as possible because for some reason, bridges keep you from reaching max population."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sim city is already in god mod. you can create buildings from nothing, make parks rise out of the land, or hurl natural disasters at your cities, even up to a big bowse3r attack.... as long as you don;t cut back on funding.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's really hard to upgrade chiptunes and not make them sound like muzak IMO

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The All-Stars version of the main SMB2 overworld theme is win imo.

i just listened to them both and the NES one sounds better. sorry.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

actraiser 2 definitely sucks and the real sequel to actraiser is Soul Blazer IMO.

i'm not really sure what the spiritual successor is to what actraiser was trying to do, though. minecraft? the town builder in fallout 4? spore? none of those feel like they're the same thing, really.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

This thread made me go back and try Actraiser for the first time (I'd obviously been aware of it but never actually played it and Soul Blazer is one of my favorite SNES era games) and holy poo poo what a wonderfully weird hosed up game. I'm surprised the formula hasn't been brought back by some indie steam workshop 90s kid.

The Quintet games are all delightfully weird. Illusion of Gaia is basically a sequel to Soul Blazer and Terranigma is basically a sequel to IoG. Illusion owns, but I'm saving Terranigma, it's like that book you keep on the shelf "for a rainy day"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

you can't just call nobuo uematsu "the final fantasy 4 composer," it's like calling john williams "that guy who scored jaws."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

spb posted:

I call him best composer since Mozart

they make this cube for babies that lights up and plays Mozart songs, but i'm unable to buy one that teaches my son to love my favorite final fantasy hits. this world is so corrupt.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tato posted:

Unfortunately, this did happen

lol

I had American McGee's Alice. i never beat it, though, and it was one of those disks that had a code written on the packaging, so i don't think i could play it even if i could find it.

one of my friends bought that flying monkey figurine on ebay for a dungeons and dragons campaign.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tato posted:

I just like that they released the figures before there was even a game.

I bought the new Alice game on Xbox 360 years ago because it came with the original Alice as well. I played it for five minutes before realizing trying to play a year 2000 3D PC game on an Xbox controller in 2015 was not a fun endeavor.

i forgot there was a sequel, lol

The original has bad controls even by 2000 standards, anything that involves swimming is basically impossible.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plutonis posted:

Weren't you the one who directed him here...

Kongming posted:

Lurdiak is walking back to CineD after leaving a link to his game in the Games forum

Hiya, Lurdiak.

Aren't you going to say hello?

Lurdiak shakes his head

Aw what's wrong, don't you want someone to play your game?

Lurdiak: I'm not supposed to leave the grey forums. The Steven Universe avatar said so.

Very wise indeed! But in the Imp Zone, they have real gamers, and goldmined threads, and they always love indie treasures!

Lurdiak: Will they post?

Oh yes. They post. They post, Lurdiak.

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

ALOTTA FAGINA: How dare you pass breeze before me!

Fungah! posted:

YU SUZUKI: In Japan, men come first and women come second.
HIROSHI KAWAGUCHI: Or sometimes not at all.

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I never talked to my teachers about videogames because I had friends.

it was important to have at least one sega friend if you were a nintendo kid, so that everyone could play all the games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Sega Kid of my group was named James and got stoked when his mom salted his sliced cucumber (his snack from home).

"Ooh, she salted em." - James

lol. ours was named Chris and his mom was always trying to get us to eat her Jello creations. he had a star trek trivia game (it was just a book with questions in the front and answers in the back) he liked to play because he was the only one who had seen star trek, so he easily claimed every victory.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Look at that subtle off-green colouring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it's even salted.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i was briefly a two consoles kid with playstation/ps2/n64/gamecube. my two brothers and i pooled our allowances over years, gave up magic cards, etc. because we wanted to play both final fantasy and mario. now i can just do things like buy a switch and a playstation 4, because being an adult with disposable income owns.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Remember the episode of Doug where he won a Super Pretendo and got addicted to video games.

i think muppet babies also had a Pretendo. i want to say that miss piggy was donkey kong, lol.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol.

our first console was actually the intellivision and i have a soft spot for it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Happy that I managed to have enough money in 2015 to buy a good graphics card bc it seems like they'll be 2000 dollars for the rest of my life

i'm hoping the crytocurrency stuff starts to collapse because yeah, this fuckin sucks. it's also prevented me from impulse buying a ps5

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

It was called "Shark! Shark!" and it owned.

Shark! Shark! is up there with Night Stalker, Beauty and the Beast, Star Strike and Atlantis for best intellivision games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

“Well of COURSE I remember where I was on 9/11/2001- I was gleefully opening and playing my brand new PlayStation 2 with hardly a care in the whole world! So much fun… probably one of the best days of my whole life! Seems kind of random and specific that you’d ask me that, though.”

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

mine's from 2017 and starting to act up, just waiting for the day it goes belly-up and takes a chunk of my savings with it :smith:

the brother that i game with lost his toward the end of the summer and it's been tragic.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think 9/11 came up last time because someone talked about how they had to turn off sonic because their parents were getting annoyed by the music while they watched the news, lol.

i almost watched 9/11 on the news at school but it didn't happen. we had this weird principal who would always lead with this dire sounding "aTTenTION all members of FACulty and STUdent BODy" for all loudspeaker announcements, whether it was "the school newspaper is soliticiting articles" or "i'm sad to report that another one of your classmates has committed suicide" and her announcement about 9/11 was super vague. i was in english class and the teacher was lazy enough that we were already watching the film adaptation of The Scarlet Letter, so we tried to get local news on the TV, but it was a total dead zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

once i was listening to the chrono cross soundtrack on the bus and stuffed my discman in my backpack, and in one class i started to hear People Imprisoned by Fate distantly in my head, but so clearly i thought i had achieved some kind of eiditic song memory. then the teacher said "where is that music coming from?" and i realized that the music was actually just playing really quietly out of my headphones from my backpack.