Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It is 3 am, I have caffeine and snacks. I am excited for a wrestleboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

LETS GO

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
HERE

WE

GO

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
So glad I'm on time for this.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Taaaichiiiiii~

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hell yeah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rob are u and the wife (grats btw) goin to cow palace?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i took a nap, i have snacks, i have drinks, i made some tea, i am READY TO GO

go wrestleboys :shobon:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Let's go :woop:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Man huge reaction for the juniors title match

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Apparently Chris Charlton isn't watching. Is there anyone else on Twitter who does translations?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Tana/Liger/Rey team still looks so unreal to me

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Whoooooo let's do this thing.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Apparently Chris Charlton isn't watching. Is there anyone else on Twitter who does translations?

If you watch with the English broadcast team they have an on-site translator now, if you just want immediate transations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

ROP

PON

GI

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Aesculus posted:

If you watch with the English broadcast team they have an on-site translator now, if you just want immediate transations.

Is Don Callis on this one? If so I'm good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that main event is gonna have unreal heat

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
SHO

YOH

(and Rockeh!)

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is Don Callis on this one? If so I'm good.

yeah he showed up for once

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The best part of their BOSJ run is that I can actually tell Sho and Yoh apart now

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

that's a cool ramp.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Benne posted:

The best part of their BOSJ run is that I can actually tell Sho and Yoh apart now

Haha, extremely true

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

3k 3k 3k 3k

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
IWGP Jr Tag Championship: Suzuki-gun(c) (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs. Roppongi 3K
As I'm typing these Roppongi 3k nerds go towards the ring. That dork Rocky Romero is doing his shtick. How can these guys win against a team composed of people who are with Suzuki? It's impossible. But they are actually good. But Suzuki-Gun is gonna win anyway.

Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Jay White and YOSHI-HASHI)
The idea of Yoshi-Hashi winning is weird to me. I just cannot imagine it. And Juice is great. He can't keep losing. Give Juice and Dave the win.

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.)
Yano actually sells a DVD this time. For money and leaves happy. Which leaves Ishii alone. But Ishii is a tough motherfucker and somehow stands there taking ZSJ's submissions while Suzuki chops him without even flinching. Ishii wins because Suzuki gets angry at something and just beats up some poor fucks outside the ring and ZSJ forgets how to apply his finisher.

NEVER Openweight Championship 3 Way: Hirooki Goto(c) vs. Michael Elgin vs. Taichi
Taichi Wins. There is zero offense directed towards either Goto or Taichi. It's just the two of them beating up on Elgin until he's uncoscious and then they throw a coin to decide who's gonna pin him. And Taichi wins the coin toss.

IWGP Tag Championship: L.I.J(c) (EVIL and SANADA) vs. Young Bucks
I want EVIL to piledrive both Young Bucks into a huge pile of chairs at once, while they are still struggling from that sick move SANADA puts them both in the paradise lock as Evil and Sanada hop back to the ring doing DX crotch chops and yelling suck it. In the ring they give each other the too sweet as the ref reaches 20. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the Bucks. But I wanna see this happen.

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Rey Mysterio Jr., and Jushin Liger vs. Bullet Club (Cody, Hangman Page, and Marty Scurll)
For some reason I can't really get into Tanahashi for good. I love a lot of the matches he's been a part of but I just can't get into the character so I'm having a hard time actually rooting for anything he's in. Then again, there's Rey Rey and Buff Boi Liger. I do think Cody and his weirdo team of Penis Wrestler and Plague Mask guy who does a silly laugh are credible Contenders in the NJPW landscape. But I hope, for once, that Sekigun takes the win.

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship: Will Ospreay(c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
This one will be very hard fought and there will be blood. Hard way. After a really draining seequence Hiromu and Ospreay sit opposite each other in the ring, just looking at each other when suddenly Will gets up and does the Hulk Hogan power-up pose while yelling "I'M A CAT!". The arena goes completely silent and Hiromu, impressed with Ospreay's realization of his true nature begins to clap slowly. The entire arena joins in to thunderous applause. There is no pinfall or submission but the referee decides the match in Ospreay's favor.

IWGP IC Championship: Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. Chris Jericho
gently caress. On one hand I don't think Jericho is gonna win because I doubt he will be a long-term addition to the roster and is more of a novelty attraction. But on the other and NJPW doesn't poo poo all over guys from other promotions and usually respects their past bookings when it comes to their own. And since WWE is some 50/50 bullshit Jericho's aught to win this one because he lost against Kenny against WK. Jericho wins. 50/50. That's my logic.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Best out of 3 Falls No Time Limit Match: Kazuchika Okada(c) vs. Kenny Omega
This is the match that got me back into wrestling proper last year and what directed my attention towards Japan. I had of course heard of Kenny and Okada's first bout at Wrestle Kingdom earlier in 2017 but really, at the time I did, somehow, not go and check it out. I was impressed not just with the ground-breaking main event but the all-around match quality of the show. The english commentary helped ease me into NJPW and I was amazed by all these characters, some of which I'd heard of before, some I knew already (Like, who would have thought that the Young Bucks can be more than entertaining self-indulgence, but actually good wrestling?). I've since caught up on all the Omega vs. Okada matches, and some other NJPW stuff. And I really want Kenny to take the win here. I know it's unlikely, what with the recent formation of the Golden Lovers. I would get a fourth match of this series so soon. But I'm just going to take a wild stab here and say Kenny actually and unironically wins but Okada kicks out of the One-Winged Angel and make the crowd lose their collective poo poo in the process.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 9, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Coffee is brewing and I bought a McGriddle and hashbrowns so I could treat myself to a greasy breakfast snack for the show. LET'S GO ROPPONGI

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Despy is real cool

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
R3k owns, Despy owns

Kanemaru is also there

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lmao what a surprise, Suzuki-Gun trying to jump their opponents

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HELL YEAH GIVE ME ALL THE FLIPPY poo poo

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I like the fact that literally the first move of the entire event was a dual dive outside

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Phenix Rising posted:

Coffee is brewing and I bought a McGriddle and hashbrowns so I could treat myself to a greasy breakfast snack for the show. LET'S GO ROPPONGI
Like a real weirdo. Trent would be proud.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Ok, we’re just going full throttle out of the gate; I can dig it.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

The_Rob posted:

Hey guys I'm doing an official poll. Wrestling is good? Yes or no

Yeah girl

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

big heel sho stealing that poor man's SKG flag

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

IGgy IGsen posted:

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.)
Yano actually sells a DVD this time. For money and leaves happy. Which leaves Ishii alone. But Ishii is a tough motherfucker and somehow stands there taking ZSJ's submissions while Suzuki chops him without even flinching. Ishii wins because Suzuki gets angry at something and just beats up some poor fucks outside the ring and ZSJ forgets how to apply his finisher.

NEVER Openweight Championship 3 Way: Hirooki Goto(c) vs. Michael Elgin vs. Taichi
Taichi Wins. There is zero offense directed towards either Goto or Taichi. It's just the two of them beating up on Elgin until he's uncoscious and then they throw a coin to decide who's gonna pin him. And Taichi wins the coin toss.

IWGP Tag Championship: L.I.J(c) (EVIL and SANADA) vs. Young Bucks
I want EVIL to piledrive both Young Bucks into a huge pile of chairs at once, while they are still struggling from that sick move SANADA puts them both in the paradise lock as Evil and Sanada hop back to the ring doing DX crotch chops and yelling suck it. In the ring they give each other the too sweet as the ref reaches 20. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the Bucks. But I wanna see this happen.

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship: Will Ospreay(c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
This one will be very hard fought and there will be blood. Hard way. After a really draining seequence Hiromu and Ospreay sit opposite each other in the ring, just looking at each other when suddenly Will gets up and does the Hulk Hogan power-up pose while yelling "I'M A CAT!". The arena goes completely silent and Hiromu, impressed with Ospreay's realization of his true nature begins to clap slowly. The entire arena joins in to thunderous applause. There is no pinfall or submission but the referee decides the match in Ospreay's favor.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Doing my first ever NJPW livepost :dance:

Why are Sho and Yoh wearing tights? I wanna see dem purdy thighs.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
New Japan is good

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

Doing my first ever NJPW livepost :dance:

Welcome :cool:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kanemaru looks like your friend's dad who's had too much to drink at the bar and took the time to take off his shirt before getting into a fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I love BIG SHO

• Locked thread