Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

How did the crowd sound on TV? It was deafening through the third fall in the building

Amazing. They got so invested in everything and the moments when they were convinced (to their horror) that Okada was going to clean-sweep the match were just incredible.

Plus their reaction to the Styles Clash :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Definitely going to watch at least the top three matches and Bucks/EVIL & SANADA when I get home again.

Also they closed most of the toilets during Omega/Okada so there were people sprinting around the entire arena concourse after the first fall. It was loving pandemonium.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

Definitely going to watch at least the top three matches and Bucks/EVIL & SANADA when I get home again.

Also they closed most of the toilets during Omega/Okada so there were people sprinting around the entire arena concourse after the first fall. It was loving pandemonium.

You Can't Escape!

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Does anyone have a translation for the Japanese pbp at the end of the match? I'm having trouble with the references to Okada and IWGP. Rest is easy ("it's a new champion!" etc)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm pretty sure it translates to,"AH! AHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I'm pretty sure it translates to,"AH! AHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Akira Tozawa was on JP commentary?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Akira Tozawa was on JP commentary?

Not enough screams of gently caress

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

jeff cobb would be cool and good in the g1

He marked those dates as open for indie bookings. He's in for the Kizuna Road tour though. I haven't asked but I haven't be told about any outsiders so I assume there is none. The safe bet anyway as they have a stacked roster as it is.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rovert posted:

He marked those dates as open for indie bookings. He's in for the Kizuna Road tour though. I haven't asked but I haven't be told about any outsiders so I assume there is none. The safe bet anyway as they have a stacked roster as it is.

this does make sense, esp if this is kojima's last year in the g1.

i think its gonna work out something like this

a block
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Togi Makabe
Toru Yano
Kazuchika Okada
SANADA
Kota Ibushi
Bad Luck Fale
Michael Elgin
Lance Archer
Zack Sabre Jr.

b block
Tetsuya Naito
EVIL
Minoru Suzuki
Tomohiro Ishii
Satoshi Kojima
Hirooki Goto
Kenny Omega
Juice Robinson
Hangman Page
Jay White

finals i think are ibushi vs naito with naito winning out to challenge at wk

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think its gonna work out something like this

a block
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Togi Makabe
Toru Yano
Kazuchika Okada
SANADA
Kota Ibushi
Bad Luck Fale
Michael Elgin
Lance Archer
Zack Sabre Jr.

b block
Tetsuya Naito
EVIL
Minoru Suzuki
Tomohiro Ishii
Satoshi Kojima
Hirooki Goto
Kenny Omega
Juice Robinson
Hangman Page
Jay White

finals i think are ibushi vs naito with naito winning out to challenge at wk

Not enough guests

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
My guess is Naito beats Omega to challenge at King of Pro Wrestling and Ibushi wins the whole thing for the WK shot.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not enough guests

id love miyahara and dice-k invited in but they havent really invited guests or had too many cross promotional angles since bushiroad bought the company. i think the last two were marufuji and ibushi.

e: forgot about nakajima which says something about how much he added to his block.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 10, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also just realized that NJPW put the belt on Kenny, a semi-open bisexual, during Pride Week. Probably accidental but I bet there's a few LGBTQ folks who noticed.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wwe has one of their championships on an openly gay wrestler and im surprised they're not pushing that more

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wwe has one of their championships on an openly gay wrestler and im surprised they're not pushing that more

Uhhh I don't their fanbase is very tolerant of the LGBTQ community

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: wrong person

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Uhhh I don't their fanbase is very tolerant of the LGBTQ community

no but their throbbing boner for good public relations and inclusiveness with press groups and appearance as a progressive advancing company normally would be throwing this all over their tv.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Probably worried that any tweet about it would get swarmed with mentions of her dating Zahra

oh drat is she actualyl dating that nazi?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No that's Sonya who's dating Zahra, I got LGBT MMA wrestlers mixed up for a second sorry

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Okay I'm stumped. Who?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

VJeff posted:

Okay I'm stumped. Who?

baszler

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't there some rumour that Shayna and Jessamyn were an item?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't there some rumour that Shayna and Jessamyn were an item?

Jessamyn was running her merch table at the APW cow palace show. Don't know if that means anything

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Koji's still out on injury leave.

Anyways, I'll give my silly predictions for G1 blocks. I'm going to guess there are going to be a couple guest stars, for variety's sake (and possibly to help pad numbers in advance for Budokan, though I don't think my choices would move the needle all that much).

A Block:

Omega
Tanahashi
Suzuki
Naito
Yano
Jun Akiyama (AJPW)
White
Juice

B Block:

Okada
Ibushi
Elgin
Ishii
Goto
Daisuke Sekimoto (BJW)
ZSJ
Makabe

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NuclearPotato posted:

Koji's still out on injury leave.

Anyways, I'll give my silly predictions for G1 blocks. I'm going to guess there are going to be a couple guest stars, for variety's sake (and possibly to help pad numbers in advance for Budokan, though I don't think my choices would move the needle all that much).

A Block:

Omega
Tanahashi
Suzuki
Naito
Yano
Jun Akiyama (AJPW)
White
Juice

B Block:

Okada
Ibushi
Elgin
Ishii
Goto
Daisuke Sekimoto (BJW)
ZSJ
Makabe

I'd love this. Especially watching Akiyama and Suzuki light each other up. Old grumpy dudes just lighting each other up.

I'd also love to see Sakuraba return. Has he ever done a G-1?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 11, 2018

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ospreay should move up to HW and go in the G1

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not sure if I want YTR in the same block as Suzuki to continue that feud or want him in the same block as ZSJ as Sabre seems immune to his poo poo

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Akiyama in the G1 would be real drat cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Presser is going on. Matches for G1 Special:

Young Bucks vs Evil/Sanada
Jay White vs Juice
Okada/Ospreay vs Naito/Bushi
Kenny vs Cody

• Locked thread