Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

Realm Royale. An F2P Battle Royale from HiRez on Steam Early Access. Its just under 4Gb and you want the regular version, not the test server, k? It was released on June 7th-ish.

Apparently HiRez are kind of known for making really derivative copycat games like Paladins and Smite but I haven't played any of them. While definitely a Me Too battle royale with that familiar chunky shoulders fantasy look, Realm Royale is pretty good actually. But theres zero info on stuff and I don't think a wiki exists yet.

A short trailer
Some Streamer showing actual gameplay footage

So What's Different From Other BRs?
I'm glad you asked. Heres the short list:

Chickens
When you die you get turned into a chicken and make comedy chicken noises that will summon every player in a wide radius intent on devouring your delicious flesh. If you can survive for 30 seconds then you revive with 50% health. If you don't move for 5 seconds then you stop clucking. There are many windows in most buildings that chickens can jump through but players can't, giving you a chance to do some crazy chicken jukes if you position well.

Forging
You can disenchant trash gear and kill players for shards, the crafting currency. Most large towns have one forge where you can spend your shards for new gear that always drops at the maximum quality. The forging process is slow and noisy and will attract lots of fights from both desperate scavengers and organized squads.

IMO this is RR's best feature. They give a good shape to the mid-game keeping you busy and in fights.

Your Very Own Beautiful Horse
Noone tells you that these exist. Nowhere does it say how to do it. So just press Z, anywhere, anytime. A beautiful horse.

Ok That's Great, I'm Starting A Game, But What Are All These Classes And Icons?
Nobody knows! Seriously, theres no wiki and not yet any item descriptions ingame. I'm going to try to give a quick rundown here

The character select screen:

Warrior
Legendary weapon: Throwing Axe
Movement ability: Leap
Passive: Health regen
Abilities: Charge, Heal Grenade, Useless Throwing Net, Shield Potion

Engineer
Legendary weapon: Grenade Launcher
Movement ability: Thrust? It lets you jump over 3 floor buildings.
Passive: Armor regen
Abilities: Molotov, Create Barrier, Healing Totem, Turret

Assassin
Legendary weapon: Sniper Rifle
Movement ability: Blink
Passive: Runs Fast
Abilities: Stealth, Sentry Drone, Concussion grenade (conc jumps yo), Smoke bomb

Mage
Legendary weapon: Pew Pew Staff
Movement ability: Flight
Passive: Extra heals from kits
Abilities: Stone Wall, Burning Flask, Mei's Ice Block, Fireball (use this one)

Hunter
Legendary weapon: Bow
Movement ability: Roll
Passive: Fast reload, fast weapon switch
Abilities: Explosive Shot, Flare (wallhack), Withdraw (stealth), Proxy Mine

What About A Weapon List?
I'm going to go shoot some stuff and get back to you, aye?

MAP
yeah ok

Senethro fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Login servers seem a little sluggish currently (status here) so heres some more info.

Character Info:
Everyone has 1200 HP. You can equip armor to gain up to another 1200 armor HP if you can find 4 Legendary armor pieces. I think full white gear gives an incredibly mediocre 200HP. Headshots do double damage. You can go chicken 3 times before you instantly die with no rez possible.

All gear (weapon, armor, abilities) come in 4 qualities. White/common, Green/rare, Purple/epic, Orange/Legendary. Orange weapons typically do about double the damage of white ones. Orange weapons are only available from air drops or forge crafting.
Disenchanting gear generates 5 shards per quality level.

List of Basic Weapons:
Dagger - Your only friend in a hot drop zone, does 300dmg per slash.
Poison Pistol - Probably a less lethal weapon designed for community police work. Burst fires 3 poison darts that flop onto the ground like baby birds out the nest. Causes a slow status effect so maybe you could pin someone down for a friend with a sword?
Revolver - A flexible and friendly sidearm.
Sword - Heavy damage, if you're a class with a good gap closing movement ability then this may be a cherished friend.
Shotgun - Practically a melee weapon. Storms houses really well but effective range is similar to the swords.
Crossbow - Feels solid enough but I haven't used it much.
Heirloom Rifle - Hitscan crystal laser rifle. King of midrange combat until legendary weapons start showing up. Has significant recoil and also damage dropoff at sniper ranges.
Rifle - Projectile rifle. Does slightly more damage than the laser rifle at same weapon quality, no damage dropoff and is steadier when spam fired. I like it for both short range and also covering fire at snipers in support of my teammates.

What can I make at the Forge?
These.

You can make each class of item only once at a forge, so to make a second armor piece you have to go capture a different forge.

Health Pots: 30 shards, 30 seconds
Armor Pots: 30 shards, 30 seconds
For gods sake, please make these for yourself and your team.

Random Legendary Armor Piece: 60 shards, 60 seconds
Gives about 300 armor each. Solid investment.

Random Legendary Ability: 90 shards, 60 seconds
Can be your movement ability or any of your 4 class abilities. A big gamble but Mage Fireball or Warrior Charge are game changers.

Class Specific Legendary Weapon: 120 shards, 60 seconds, 1 enemy chicken kill
Buy this if you can. They win the game for you. Note the requirement to have killed an enemy player, so if you're playing squad then share out the easy frags.

The legendary weapons:

Warrior - Throwing Axe: A large heavy arcing projectile that smacks faces for 800HP.
Engineer - Plasma Launcher: Grenade launcher that combos well with the Engineer's high jump. I think its 800HP for a direct hit, 400 for AoE splash.
Assassin - Sniper Rifle: 1200HP damage projectile. Projectile is a little slow for my liking, but note that a headshot will chicken ANYONE not using a defensive ability.
Mage - Stone Spear: Burst fire projectile gun with 3x275HP damage and no dropoff. The shots are quiet and not flashy either.
Hunter - Longbow: Projectile weapon that you have to charge to fire. Fully charged projectile goes drat near straight and hits for 1000HP.

Senethro fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 9, 2018

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've played a few rounds, it seems fun. So much better than Fortnite because of no garbage building mechanics and the shooting feels better than Fortnite too. The crafting system is neat and makes the midgame more interesting because it incentivizes players to come together and fight over resources all throughout the game. The aesthetic is meh, take it or leave it, but the advantage is that it'll run on a toaster and I get like 120fps on max settings even on my lovely GTX 960.

The chicken mechanic is cool too, because yeah, you're helpless, but you're relatively mobile and still have the chance to actually play and try to survive instead of PUBG or Fortnite where you're just dead unless you get a revive.

E: also, if you're trying to craft a legendary weapon and wondering where you get a chicken leg from, I think it means you need to get at least one kill before you can make one

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 9, 2018

zouyan
Mar 13, 2005
<3
I'll definitely check this out.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
did they actually make it so classes craft specific legendary weapons again? the last major alpha patch made legendary weapon crafts completely random among the 5 class weapons (and also removed the class weapon restrictions).

also the Stone Spear sucks. also also if you're playing Mage the best skill combo is just Fireball x2, it does absurd burst damage. if you hit both and you'll probably kill anyone not decked out in some legendary armor.

e: also here's this:

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 9, 2018

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I played a few rounds of this. It seems like it might be good, but lack of info and documentation made it pretty overwhelming. Good post.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I shouldn't have logged out because it's impossible to get in right now.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Paladins was a pretty fun game so this will probably be decent.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

They've just added solo queue to the game due to vocal public demand from people who can't stand people, but it looks like they've done it in such a way that it breaks the party system! Good going!

Edit: Was fixed earlier this evening, parties working again.

Senethro fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 10, 2018

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Loving this game as a refreshing change from PUBG.

Anybody have any idea how the player rating works? Currently plat5 and it seems that every win just increases it by 1 and it can never go down.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

ohsosad posted:

Loving this game as a refreshing change from PUBG.

Anybody have any idea how the player rating works? Currently plat5 and it seems that every win just increases it by 1 and it can never go down.

Every season the game will take your best 50 matches and turn that into your rating. It apparently takes 50 wins to reach Master, and once you're in there, whether or not you get to Grandmaster is based on both winning consistently and getting a high number of eliminations.

I bet this is subject to change if the player base continues exploding, as they might be able to introduce better performance tracking and MMR.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
After playing a few more rounds, everything seems really polished for an Alpha. I just wonder how well it's gonna do.

I think there are enough people who don't want a more slow-paced milsim-type game like PUBG but hate the building mechanics in Fortnite for this to carve out a decent niche. I know I'm definitely one of them.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Sophism posted:

Every season the game will take your best 50 matches and turn that into your rating. It apparently takes 50 wins to reach Master, and once you're in there, whether or not you get to Grandmaster is based on both winning consistently and getting a high number of eliminations.

I bet this is subject to change if the player base continues exploding, as they might be able to introduce better performance tracking and MMR.

Yeah i hope they do because its more of a prestige system now than anything else and with the player base spiking every day i think they can pull it off.

I'm diamond 4 and i think i've won about 15-20 matches which would mean the rank level ups must slow down hugely going forward.

Really enjoying the game though and i cant wait to stop playing with 200 ping thanks to the AU server announcement and dear god do i hope they fix the sound because being able to hear everything in a 35km area is both annoying as poo poo and significantly reduces slow playstyles

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
last two in a tiny area as an Assassin against a warrior with his legendary weapon feels really unfair, it does so much damage and the assassin's sniper isn't really suited to those sort of engagements :(

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Bardeh posted:

last two in a tiny area as an Assassin against a warrior with his legendary weapon feels really unfair, it does so much damage and the assassin's sniper isn't really suited to those sort of engagements :(

How much damage does the no scope damage do ?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Bardeh posted:

Also the game is totally not balanced at all for 1v1 which is why i thought they weren't going to add it till later

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

ohsosad posted:

How much damage does the no scope damage do ?

Pretty sure no scope is the same as scoped. It's just absurdly inaccurate to the point it's pretty much a dice roll if you hit anything.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The concept of a melee focused class in a BR game made me give this a shot last night. While it is in fact as cool as I thought it would be to leap at someone and slice them the gently caress in half, because this is a BR game shotguns are bananas, so that doesn't always work like you might want. Still neat.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Orv posted:

The concept of a melee focused class in a BR game made me give this a shot last night. While it is in fact as cool as I thought it would be to leap at someone and slice them the gently caress in half, because this is a BR game shotguns are bananas, so that doesn't always work like you might want. Still neat.

I wouldn't really call warrior melee-focused anyway, the leap is more a way to confirm kills since the damage is pretty low, or just to disengage entirely. It's still fun though.

My big hopes right now are that we get more abilities like the conc jump assassins get.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This game is actually pretty fun. If you're not playing hunter you're loving up though. Its insanely strong with the best legendary weapon and best skills in the game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Countblanc posted:

I wouldn't really call warrior melee-focused anyway, the leap is more a way to confirm kills since the damage is pretty low, or just to disengage entirely. It's still fun though.

My big hopes right now are that we get more abilities like the conc jump assassins get.

Well no, but leap can get you in range to use melee weapons instead of your typical method of juke wildly and hope the other guy is a poo poo shot. Since melee weapons actually do a decent chunk of damage in this it's more enabling of that idea. Ranged is definitely still the top contender though.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Killing chickens with a sword is extremely satisfying.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Orv posted:

Well no, but leap can get you in range to use melee weapons instead of your typical method of juke wildly and hope the other guy is a poo poo shot. Since melee weapons actually do a decent chunk of damage in this it's more enabling of that idea. Ranged is definitely still the top contender though.

If you are in a close encounter situation and you have a sword, I would recommend using the sword. I got rolled up on by a dude who came into my building and he dashed into me with a sword and killed the poo poo out of me.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sword does crazy damage, and i wish the knife did 400 damage again.

Hunter and Assassin are probably the best classes right now since they made it so you cant double-up abilities like the aforementioned mage fireball "build". Both just have so much outplay potential compared to the other classes who are a lot more linear - basically all the other classes have to offer is healing and vertical mobility, and even with the latter the jump arc for engineer is super predictable

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Honestly the Bow is loving ridiculous. The game needs some rebalancing, but it has a ton of potential.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Honestly the Bow is loving ridiculous. The game needs some rebalancing, but it has a ton of potential.

Some dev conversation in a discord said the legendary hunter bow is getting a nerf.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Check this out - I'd noticed the mount speed on foot slot but not the others. The cooldown reduction on helm is huge.

BOOTS
Boots give you bonus mount speed once you hit the epic and legendary rarities.

Greaves (Common): +50 Armor.
Greaves (Rare): +100 Armor.
Greaves (Epic): +200 Armor, +5% Mount Speed.
Greaves (Legendary): +300 Armor, +15% Mount Speed.

CHEST ARMOR
With chest armor the higher you go in rarity the more health per second you will regenerate! Oddly enough, both the common and rare breastplate have the same amount of armor but offer no other benefits. It might just be a bug, because I would guess the common breastplate should have +50 armor.

Breastplate (Common): +100 Armor.
Breastplate (Rare): +100 Armor.
Breastplate (Epic): +200 Armor, +5 HPS.
Breastplate (Legendary): +300 Armor, +15 HPS.

GLOVES
Epic and Legendary Gloves currently give you bonuses to weapon swap speed and reload speed.

Gauntlets (Common): +50 Armor.
Gauntlets (Rare): +100 Armor.
Gauntlets (Epic): +200 Armor, +10% Swap Speed, +10% Reload Speed.
Gauntlets (Legendary): +300 Armor, +30% Swap Speed, +30% Reload Speed.

HELMETS
Epic and Legendary Helmets currently give you a boost to Cooldown Reduction.

Helm (Common): +50 Armor.
Helm (Rare): +100 Armor.
Helm (Epic): +200 Armor, +10% Cooldown Reduction.
Helm (Legendary): +300 Armor, +30% Cooldown Reduction.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
All the weapons and skills come from Paladin so if you've played that you will know what everything does. The games go decently fast so I'm getting decent amounts of fun out of it.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The hunter bow really needs to be changed. It feels like the hitboxes are way too forgiving for it, and it does so much damage.

E: just seen that the devs say they're going to nerf it, which is cool

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I'm at diamond one and getting close to masters. A few things-

This game awards aggressive plays, and hiding is almost completely unviable unlike other BR games. You have to aggressively push other teams to kill them and take and hold forges. Following that formula we've been winning half our games at the diamond/master MMR, because we'll be totally or close to totally geared up by the time we hit our third forge. The only time we've had team wipes is when we are finishing/just finished a team fight and another fresh team pushes in to kill us, and probably half the time that happens we only take one loss from a sacrificial chicken who distracts the other team so the rest of us can heal up.

From what I've seen, getting an elimination gives you 50 shards, which is a pretty significant amount. I didn't see documentation anywhere for it, but someone else watch your shard count when you confirm a kill for me.

Hunter is probably the most powerful class right now when fully skilled out. You can charge an arrow shot after you withdraw, and blast arrow does 750 damage on hit and 325 damage on splash on a 6 second cooldown. This means that you can tag someone with an arrow for 1,000 and blast them for 750 burst, then withdraw, charge another arrow, and finish them from invisibility. If you get flare instead of either of those two, you can see what side someone is going to peek from, and at long distance fights you are unhittable except by the heirloom rifle because your dodge is on cooldown every two seconds.

A team of four warriors doing dive strats is completely bonkers. We did that team comp for five matches and took all five of them with no losses, because 4 legendary leaps alone landing on a target does 2,400 damage, four charges does 1,600 damage, and you can all be dropping axes and shield potions during the whole fighting period.

Don't poke fight with assassins.

Mages are really good at breaching doors if they have ice block. Run in, take all the burst damage from the enemy team, and then ice block. People will frequently obsess over killing the mage and will stare at you for three seconds instead of dealing with your teammates who are killing them.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
New patch notes here:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/813820/announcements/detail/1648761723417434547

quote:

Gameplay

Weapons
Hitboxes for certain weapons were too large and were reduced. All weapons use the same hitbox now. These include:
Longbow, Heirloom Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Poison Pistol, Revolver, Stone Spear, Throwing Axe.
Crossbow:
Damage increased from 300/375/450/525 to 350/440/530/610.
Longbow:
Damage reduced from 1000 to 900.
Heirloom Rifle:
Damage reduced from 400/500/600/700 to 350/440/530/610.
Clip size reduced from 8 to 6.
Refire time increased from 0.8 to 0.9.
Decreased the audio volume of firing at long distances.
Poison Pistol
Increase projectile Speed increased from 500 to 600.
Total damage per burst increased from 336/408/504/600 to 360/480/600/720.
Rifle
Renamed to Slug Rifle.
Shotgun
Damage increased from 500/600/700/800 to 600/750/900/1050.
Clip size increased from 4 to 5.
Sniper Rifle
Damage reduced from 1200 to 1100.
Audio improvements to the projectile and bullet impact.
Stone Spear
Damage per shot increased from 275 to 300.
Projectile Speed increased from 450 to 600.
Sword
Damage reduced from 550/700/850/1000 to 500/630/750/880.

Abilities
Healing Totem
Persist time changed from 4/6/8/10s to 6s at all ranks.
Healing changed from 20 health per tick at all ranks to 10/20/30/40.
Tick rate remains unchanged at 4 ticks per second.
Shielding Potion
Cooldown changed from 18/16/14/12s to 19/16/13/10s.
Shield health changed from 500 health at all ranks to 350/400/450/500.
Flask of Healing
Cooldown changed from 12s at all ranks to 16/14/12/10s.
Net Shot
Slow changed from 60% at all ranks to 20/40/60/80%.
Fireball
Cooldown changed from 6s at all ranks to 10/8/6/4s.
Soar
Players can now soar through windows.
Thrust
Now grants 150% increased air control for 3s after activating Thrust.
Dodge Roll
Decreased the audio volume levels.
Armor
Armor gain for all items has been changed from 50/100/200/300 to 100/160/220/300.

General
When starting a new match, players will spawn as their last used class from a previous match.
Made improvements for picking up items in the world.
Players can now heal in fog.
Eliminated chickens now drop a Chicken Trophy, which can be collected to forge legendary weapons. Chicken Trophies replace the nugget/chicken leg mechanic that was previously awarded automatically to the killer.
Health and armor potions will now automatically get picked up by players who run near them, unless the potions have been deliberately dropped by a player.
Base fog damage increased from 1% max health to 1.5% max health per tick.
Players can now apply some mid-air braking while skydiving.
Added the following keybindings in the settings:
Inventory screen
Free cam
Swap weapons
Reworked landing animations to be smoother.
Chicken skins will now only apply to the owner of the skin rather to the owner and victims of the owner.
When legendary armor is equipped, players now see a corresponding golden glow on their character’s body.
Improved the visual presentation of switching classes.
Weapons and abilities can no longer be used while playing a hard land or a skydive land.
Teammates’ colors are now consistent for all team members. For instance, if a player is assigned green, they will appear green and have a green waypoint marker for everyone else on their team.
The fog progression bar on the HUD now has a numbered timer representing the time until the fog is complete.
The inventory screen has been updated, allowing players to drop health and armor potions, along with detailed information for weapons, abilities, and armor.
Various HUD and icon improvements and updates.

Audio Changes
Decreased the distance that players can hear zeppelins.
Decreased the fog horn volume.
Fixed an issue where pickup sounds could play as players cycled to new players in spectator, becoming eliminated, turning into a chicken, or changing classes.
Added more ambient environmental sounds.
Increased the distance that players could hear the edge of the fog.
Made various improvements to weapon and ability volume levels.
Adjusted the volume of the forging audio effects.
Made various improvements to UI and HUD sounds.
Classes now have more unique movement sounds.
Increased the range that players can hear other players landing from a skydive.

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue where the scope sensitivity setting was not properly working.
Fixed an issue where improved movement abilities wouldn't display green upgrade tips.
Fixed an issue where a late joining player could damage other players while they were deploying.
Fixed some T-Pose animation glitches.
Fixed an issue in which the wrong special effects were playing when going into stealth.
Fixed bug where becoming a chicken did not interrupt Long Bow draw.
Fixed an issue where the class name could be incorrect in chat.
Fixed an issue where a sword icon was shown in the dagger inventory slot when spectating another player.
Fixed an issue where the ammo count wouldn’t display correctly when spectating another player.
Fixed an issue where other players would sometimes look like they were playing a falling animation when they were standing still.
Fixed an issue where longbow animations would not play correctly for other players.
Fixed an issue where players would sometimes not be able to spectate other players.
Fixed an issue where rapidly using a weapon’s scope could prevent players from slowing down while aiming.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 12, 2018

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Really excellent patch, assuming it's not a buggy mess. Addresses obvious balance issues and adds plenty of much needed QoL features.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
The wizard is going to be a monster firing a 900 damage fireball every 2.8 seconds.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Seems like they're trying to balance everything "high", but just below the insta-death threshold. Brave, but cool if they can make it work.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Senethro posted:

Seems like they're trying to balance everything "high", but just below the insta-death threshold. Brave, but cool if they can make it work.

That’s how pubg is, but balance will be much tougher for something this complicated. Once the tryhards get good, the bads will be wrecked so hard.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

So, with the change from chicken leg to trophy, I wonder how its going to affect the overall flow of the game. (I haven't had a change to play any significant time on the PTR) The trophies are items that can be happened upon and picked up like any other item, you can only carry one and never really need more than one, and they can't be disenchanted. I feel like this change will eventually increase the number of legendary weapons in a given game, but I could be totally wrong. I'm not even necessarily saying this is a bad thing either. I'm just saying this may have a larger effect on how the early/mid game feels than it seemed at first blush.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm more surprised than anything when it gets down to the last ten or so and someone doesn't have a legendary. You really have to be pushing for equipment, kills and forges in this game. People that sit around playing PUBG chill mode are infinitely outclassed, at least as the game stands now.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Orv posted:

I'm more surprised than anything when it gets down to the last ten or so and someone doesn't have a legendary. You really have to be pushing for equipment, kills and forges in this game. People that sit around playing PUBG chill mode are infinitely outclassed, at least as the game stands now.

Yeah, but that's kinda what I mean. If you try and drop in an unpopulated area and then sneak into the fray, you're going to be SUPER far behind just based on the fact that you haven't had any engagements and, before this patch, entry into getting a legendary weapon was you HAD to kill SOMEONE. That won't necessarily be the case anymore now that there will be potentially several trophies that will sit uncollected as the game goes on.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ah yeah. Can you melt trophies or are they effectively non-interactive if you already have one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Orv posted:

Ah yeah. Can you melt trophies or are they effectively non-interactive if you already have one?

According to a friend who has had a chance to play PTR, you are limited to carrying a single trophy just like the chicken legs, and the surplus trophies can't be disenchanted. They just sit there and can be picked up by anyone.

• Locked thread