Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
The year is 1936. America is happy and free, and altogether on the up and up – but there is a deadly danger lurking just over the horizon, a terrible force that will lay waste to the youth of today and leave cities in ruin! Yes, the scourge of REEFER!

See how gentle and prosperous this young man is! This gentleman is named John, and he is just about to graduate from the Ivy League, ready to step into the serious and cerebral world of business, or perhaps politics. He no doubt has a wonderful future ahead of him.

But things are not as rosy as they may seem! John has been invited to a party on the eve of graduation – a party that the wrong sort of people have wormed their way into – and has been cajoled into taking a ‘puff’ of a marijooarna cigarette, or doo-bie as they are sometimes known. Now his mind is filled with strange, dangerous, and licentious thoughts brought on by this deadly, addictive drug.

This is a cautionary tale. Watch closely, and remember…

-

MAKING YOUR JOHN
Every personality has willpower, skills, and obsessions. Don't post skills and obsessions openly in the thread – PM me these or spoiler them.

WP: You start with 10 willpower (WP). This is your currency for gaining control of John.

Skills: Pick two relatively well-defined things like ‘heckling’, ‘making bombs’, or ‘impersonating presidents’. These give you a boost when you do something they’re relevant to. You can pick a third skill in exchange for starting with 7WP instead of 10.

Obsessions: Pick two goals like ‘eating candy’, ‘killing swans, or ‘kissing babies’. I’ll secretly score each obsession from 1 (easy) to 3 (hard). That’s how many points you gain every time John achieves one of your obsessions, so it’s probably a good idea to pick something that’s a bit easier/more common and something that’s a bit harder.

PLAYING THE GAME
First, everyone secretly bids for control of John. You bid WP, and whoever bids the highest gains control and loses that many WP (I'll generally break ties in favour of whoever's spent the longest time out of control). Only the person who gains control spends WP.

Second, when you gain control you get to decide what John does, and I’ll narrate what happens. Whenever John tries to do anything a normal person has any chance of failing at, I’ll roll a 6-sided die. If it comes up a 6, John succeeds and you stay in control – otherwise John is overwhelmed and we go back to bidding again. Two things improve your chances: if you have a relevant skill, you only need 3 or more to succeed and stay in control; and you can spend WP 1-for-1 before the roll to add 1 to your result.

Third, when you achieve one of your obsessions while in control, or when John gets hurt or bored, we go back to bidding.

WINNING THE GAME
The game ends when everyone’s run out of WP (or John dies, whichever comes first) – whoever has the most points then is the winner (but really, haven’t we all won?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Send me your Skills/Obsessions!

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

DocBubonic posted:

I am interested and I have sent in the skills and obsessions via PMs.
Those are some good obsessions

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
You can also find me on the TG discord.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
I'm going to start the game this Friday, 7pm GMT+1, so if you're reading this and interested in playing, get your character in soon.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
I don't know if I can really trust that.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
There can only be one (per bidding war).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Okay, we’ll start the game with the four players we have now - everyone send in your first bid for control! PM me here or on discord to keep things blind. I’ll end bidding 24 hours from now (unlike future bids where I’ll end it after a time limit or when I get everyone’s bid, whichever comes first) - anyone else who wants to play can still do so if they PM me their skills, obsessions, and bid before then.

• Locked thread