Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Paul George, LeBron, and Kawhi all to join the warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lockback posted:

You can still talk about the Finals. We were going in kind of a death spiral there so I wanted to reset the conversation, plus finals sweeps make me pissy.

I enjoyed that at the end of the last thread people were re-re-re-relitigating whether Draymond should be allowed to kick people in the balls.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Does LeBron take Love with him?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MourningView posted:

who is trading a legit star for a late lottery pick and a guy who might be broken?

The Cavs last year

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

leftist heap posted:

OFFICIAL LEBRON POLL

I put together a short poll to see where people think LeBron will end up. Lemme know if I hosed anything up or there's anything I should add. I also put a comedy retirement option.

https://goo.gl/forms/pCcTj8wOZnmobiP33

Something's wrong with your poll I couldn't find the option for the Akron RubberDucks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Maximum humor options for LeBron would be OKC and Boston but he forces Ainge to not trade Kyrie and turns him into his son again

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Brief reminder that OKC is still stuck with the Melo albatross

lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

LeBron finally silences the doubters that say he isn't the GOAT by joining the Indians' farm system, leading the Akron RubberDucks to the Eastern League championship and making it triple A.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 11, 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Somewhere Vivek is reading this and immediately calling up Vlade and Joerger about their new scheme for Buddy Hield

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Internal strife between Klay and Curry over chocolate milk vs filtered water

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Noted value investor Andre Iguodala has become a Tesla bear and has attracted scorn from Curry and KD who say Musk is a visionary

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Hello friends. I've been without internet and TV for like four days now. I caught some stuff on the radio just now — LeBron broken hand, Casey and Stackhouse gone. Anything else of relevance happen?

Dennis Rodman is brokering a Korean peace deal with the backing of bitcoin for weed

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Blind Pineapple posted:

. How do you compare him to someone like Dirk who was way more efficient as a scorer, but had to be assisted on a much higher percentage of his shots?

(Lakers fan voice) RINGZ BITCH

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It's gonna be lol if it comes out Kawhi was about to ask for a trade but changed his mind when Pop told him LeBron already decided to join the Spurs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

All the reports that there was a big rift seemed to come out of ESPN, yeah.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

morestuff posted:

Eh, I think the local paper actually ran the stuff about the team meeting first. It seems like a real argument and issue but something they can get past

That was Woj who broke it I think.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22870675/san-antonio-spurs-held-players-only-meeting-imploring-kawhi-leonard-return-playoff-push

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 12, 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MourningView posted:

Too scared of the pending Jazz dynasty to even write it, I get it.

Reasons not to sign: Would be expected to bite his tongue when Mitt Romey wants a picture after every game.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kevin Love: hottest man in the NBA

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

This is a guy with 81 followers?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

RCarr posted:

Looking forward to the LeBron James vs Lavarr Ball drama.

LeBron James vs Lavarr Ball vs Donald Trump drama

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Does the train stop in Inglewood? When I took it from Long Beach I could get off right at Staples Center.

Though if it opens in 2024 I assume they can do something with mass transit that'll make the commute bearable.

Didn't LA metro or some town in the county just kill a light rail project or something to cut Elon Musk a sweetheart deal to dig a dumb hyperloop tunnel.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I guess I don't see LeBron to the Lakers that much since he wouldn't be able to compete nearly as much than if he went to Houston or SA or even Philly

Even LeBron+Paul George+everyone currently on the Lakers is a weaker team than SA or Houston or Philly plus LeBron minus all the cutting one of those 3 would have to do to be able to S&T him

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

RCarr posted:

He should get on a contender and lose in the World Series so he can do something Jordan never did, in TWO sports.

LeBron Will Never Match Jordan Until He Also Loses the First Round of the Playoffs in a Humiliating Sweep

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Just realized that LeBron retiring to the Lakers and languishing with a lovely team actually gives him a chance to show up Jordan's lovely Wizards stint so now I think it'll happen.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Who has the inside track on signing LeBron's friends like Houston was light years ahead in signing Bobby Brown while recruiting CP3

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Still looking forward to the future where guys are scouted based on how much other players like to hang out with them and bad players who are close friends with several potential stars become lottery picks themselves.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

Still looking forward to the future where guys are scouted based on how much other players like to hang out with them and bad players who are close friends with several potential stars become lottery picks themselves.

This Kansas product averaged only 0.2 points per game but reportedly led the NCAA in wingman assists

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lol this is some Boston-level blaming everything bad about the team on the guy who is getting fired.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was watching some French cop movie and they had a bar in the basement of their station. Also during the scene that would have been the SWAT tactical assault in an American cop show, one of the detectives stopped at a bar at like 2pm for a drink and that allowed for the suspect to get away

France sounds dope

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Even if its true - which I doubt - what's the criticism? That Colangelo didn't sniff out that a player everyone had top three and at least a plurality had as the number one was going to have a basically unprecedented breakdown with his shooting?

It's 100% people saying that if only THEY were in charge the team wouldn't have drafted a (maybe) bust at first overall.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

That is an insane amount of money.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Parker and Manu aren't good enough anymore to start on a good team but would probably be ok off the bench. If the Spurs did do a CP3-esque opt-in-and-trade for LeBron rather than try to sign him into cap space they'd probably still have to shed at least Mills and Pau which gives them a bench of Parker, Manu, Kyle Anderson, Rudy Gay (maybe), a bunch of young scrubs, and whatever they can pull off the scrap heap but it would certainly still be a contending team even without a good backup PG or big man just because of how insane a (healthy) LeBron/Kawhi/Aldridge would be.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 15, 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

haha what a loving rear end in a top hat

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Ok, I'll bite: How do these show/prove that the account is KD's? I don't see the connection.

He's been doing it for a while

https://mobile.twitter.com/harrisonmc15/status/909634206355066880

also just in general he is the shookest man alive

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they keep quoting this unnamed source who only wants kawhi to go to a big market and then theyre going to reveal him as lavar ball in a fake moustache

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the nba should veto any trade that makes the lakers good because the league wont work with two villain teams in the same division

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I doubt the Spurs want any part of the LaVar Ball Experience

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Really the Ball clan only works on the Lakers

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

LeBron should just sign for the vet min. He's gonna make 100m+ a year in endorsements etc in LA.

The players ought to be PAYING for the PRIVILEGE of playing on my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

True fact, LeBron is currently unable to get Nike or Gatorade to return his calls because he's on the Cavs.

• Locked thread