Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

It's pretty boring

Yeah. I feel like it wasn't always this bad, but now, if I want semi-boring PC videos that might teach me something, I just watch Paul. Sure, he looks like Colin Meloy's little brother and his speaking style is pretty ramble-y, but I never get the urge to say "just show me that paper you're reading off and I'll be good, thanks." I appreciate Steve's asides (the ones in the Stadia video were the best part), but generally not enough to soldier through the rest of the monotone stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Theophany posted:

I can't fathom the brain that would choose Paul's Hardware over the education afforded by Clint over at LGR.

I mean, admittedly it's useless information from 20 years ago, but hot drat if he doesn't have the most soothing voice.

It's true, I would not describe Paul's voice as soothing. The information is just slightly more relevant.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

njsykora posted:

JayzTwoCentz has posted a comment on the video in support of Steve, be very funny if the "Techtuber" world hard splits in two over this. Maybe we get a Broadway dance fight between Steve, Aussie Steve and Jay vs Linus, Paul Hardware and someone else I only know 5 channels. Hardware Canucks maybe.

Paul's now released a video, and while it's mostly* as gentle and easygoing as everything else Paul does, he's very firmly on Steve's side, and the closest he comes to backing Linus is saying that he hopes Linus gets some perspective and does better going forward, and that if he does, that LTT viewers forgive the mistakes that were not intentional or malicious.

* He does say about Madison's allegations that "I hope we can all recognize that anyone who would treat someone the way Madison described is just a massive shitstain. gently caress that person, I hope the rest of their life is miserable," and finishes the discussion by tweaking Linus's nose a bit and saying "I attempted some 'proper journalistic practices'": he reached out to GN for comment (and Steve replied).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmyiRB3YZq4