Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Mr.Radar posted:

Everyone's favorite Scottish AMD shill AdoredTV has a new video about how mean Nvidia is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0L3OTZ13Os
If nothing else, watch the fist ~40 seconds of the video for a good laugh.

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Wirth1000 posted:

Linus owns nad his videos are entertaining. A sense of humour is required unless of course you think the height of humour

*swirls hard lemonade in wine glass*

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

vic berger noooooo

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

...how

I mean I don't care what people look like that give me tech news, but come on washing your hair a week in advance is not asking much

Happy_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 4, 2019

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQjTYbqG1CI

This right here is all of GamersNexus/Steve distilled into why I love him so loving much. Just a relentless calling out of AMD's bullshit about the 110C junction temperature poo poo.

At the same time I feel so bad for them cause their audience is comprised of people who label/self-identify themselves as 'gamers' and I really wish they were in a position to rebranding themselves. Like maybe call themselves TechNexus or just Tech Jesus.
I don't have a link but Steve mentioned on one video I remember that he he chose the name for the site 'very early' and basically regrets it now

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

VostokProgram posted:

He should really just buy a new domain, rebrand, and have the old domain redirect to the new one. He can change the name of the youtube channel too. This stuff isn't written in stone

A little more complex than that

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

well why not posted:

You know what you tuber I canít stand? Bitwit/Awesomesauce/Kyle. Heía easily got the least tech knowledge of the crowd, lacks video skills and does those painful skits. At least Paul doesnít try to be entertaining and jayztwocents is incredibly skilled at builds. Kyle just has vlogs with his wife and terrible characters. I donít get the appeal.
I saw a video of his once when he was wearing a t-shirt with 'Taxation is Theft' on it, and I think that pretty much says it all

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

Welp time to do another video <dips head in vat of chicken grease>

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

Move over, AdoredTV, there's a new king

pause after periods, christ

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

Steve and GN is about the only one of these types of channels I can tolerate these days they're overall great, but as been said before, they really could do well to start paring the amount of data back in their video reviews. I'm sure it's a monetary concern to some extent as I understand YT's compensation policy wrt ads + video length, but drat their reviews where they're comparing against multiple products at once can be a real slog.

Watching their Ryzen 3100 review just drives that home, the screen showing charts with 30+ separate lines and Steve speed-reading listlessly through the written review for each separate benchmark, drat. I mean just cut out 2/3rds of those CPU's in the graphs at least to make the comparisons legible, really don't think we need to know how the 3100 fares against a 16 core/32 thread Ryzen, but maybe that's just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

lmao