Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

priznat posted:

I hadn’t heard about that, but that is amazing how poo poo that design is. I do boards, pcie included, and it seems completely irresponsible to not have a large cutout of the 12v plane around any screw holes. Really the hole should also have plated areas (including in the hole but I guess that would raise the cost per board) with the holes larger diameter than the included screws so it doesn’t grind thru the material. The screws should just engage to whatever the pca is being mounted to.

Stuff like this is why cheaper manufacturers like nzxt give me the willies.

I'm not really sure why NZXT has gotten any reasonable sense of goodwill from the community, the RGB and fan controller poo poo they released under the "CAM" software suite basically bricking and making booting with most of the AIO's a crapshoot situation. The Shift and ShiftX both being 2x the price of any competitor and having some of the worst airflow and performance, along with another absolute dogshit bottom of the barrel riser cable.

NZXT is and will always be a cheap brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Age-bracketed fps tournament, but each grouping plays a different game.

the over 40 crowd pulls out 8800 ultra SLI setups to play Q3 CPMA with lod bias at -4