Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQjTYbqG1CI

This right here is all of GamersNexus/Steve distilled into why I love him so loving much. Just a relentless calling out of AMD's bullshit about the 110C junction temperature poo poo.

At the same time I feel so bad for them cause their audience is comprised of people who label/self-identify themselves as 'gamers' and I really wish they were in a position to rebranding themselves. Like maybe call themselves TechNexus or just Tech Jesus.

Is his audience actually self identified gamers though? He has like zero content catering to that subset. It's literally all benchmarks and teardowns (of cards and companies)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Hasn't Linus said before he only does Apple videos because the profit margin is insane?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Doesn't Gamers Nexus have all that too? Granted his sponsor spots are better (EVGA CLC hair cooling and cat website still make me smile) but he also does merch plugs if he uses the modmat or tool set

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, but he does it organically as in "hey we're gonna use our tools and our mod mat to take this thing apart" instead of Linus' oh BY THE WAY BUY MY UNDERWAR/AWTER BOTTLE AND ALL THIS poo poo in your face every loving time.

True, I guess it doesn't really bother me

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Yes but does Marques have an Anthony

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

GN did some pretty interesting stuff recently with that bizarro motherboard they found in the Chinese market along with the lovely triangular case.

I love when GN does random Chinese stuff. Might explain why I'm a big fan of Strange Parts too

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Salty Steve is best Steve. Bonus blowtorch/liquid nitrogen action at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6dyrtnLU_w

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 20, 2019

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

OhFunny posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVY5CjEC3W4

I think Steve died a little when he had to say Anime Waifu Edition GPU.

All of you are complaining about Steve's dry delivery, but this video is amazing *because* of the dry delivery of all the waifu puns and entendres.

"It was a fun card to look at... That was phrased poorly"

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 5, 2019

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Reminder that the annual GN disappointment build is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO_xDzDOua4

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJwwLRJBk

Tech Jesus ranting about motherboard form factors. It's amazing.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Kerbtree posted:

Steve doesn’t do pc builds for Nazis :angel:

That's the first LTT video I actively avoided. Like normally if it's a dumb concept I'll at least keep it as background noise in case something dumb/interesting happens. But this was a misstep

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Linus mentioned in this latest live stream about not driving his Volt enough to use gas in a while and he wants to add fuel stabilizer. I really hope he doesn't do that, fuel management on that car is 110% managed by the car itself and he'll probably break something :(

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

What I wanted to get at is the Volt being one of the few very well engineered GM cars. He's worried that since his trips are short enough to only be on battery, the fuel in the tank will go stale. Problem is, the Volt (even the first gen ones) was designed to prevent this. The fuel tank itself is pressurized for one. Second, if it detects only battery usage for six weeks, it'll automatically run an engine maintenance mode to make sure everything is running properly and burn a tiny bit of fuel (If mine runs it's around ~0.05gal). It'll run this every six weeks after with no fuel usage. And finally, if the system detects an average of a year with old fuel it'll run a fuel maintenance mode to burn old gas. The manual even states adding fresh fuel then allowing fuel maintenance to run will maximize time between this happening.

Combined with the fact that I'm pretty sure he's going to be commuting with gas within the year he literally has nothing to worry about

Edit: Not saying anyone above me is wrong, you're all correct, just clarifying that the Volt is a special case in that it's somehow more idiotproof than normal

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I love this

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Here, everyone cheer up with a StevezTwoCents video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y5xM4PCcLs

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

K8.0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6BXwCJtaZE

Haven't watched it yet but we got another Angry Steve video. I'm glad that he seems to feel secure enough in his place in the industry and his connections to be taking shots at people who deserve it.

Yessssss

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

K8.0 posted:

MKB on the other hand, I don't understand how anyone can watch. Guy's had no problem exposing himself as willing to openly shill for outright scammers, IDK how anyone can bother watching anything he does after that.

I used to enjoy him but for some reason this year it feels like something changed. Like everything is much more corporate and a glorified infomercial. As weird as this sounds I think I started noticing when on his podcast he offhandedly mentioned Apple's style guidelines about not using an article with their products. For example, "The camera on iPhone is amazing". The more I watched the more I realized he does it to other phones as well and it drives me nuts.

I've switched to GSM Arena for actual reviews and Mr Whose The Boss for reviews/entertainment

Edit: Yes that definitely soured me on him. His recent Zuck interview has me very much thinking of finally unsubscribing.
vvvvvvvvv

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 24, 2020

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Agreed. I want to see more Buick's, more 5000W bluetooth speakers, and more $50k+ worth of used engineering/prototyping/CNC equipment to make horribly stupid ideas because all the writesr are hacks not to mention more videos' of going into Anthony's basement apartment filled with furry poo poo.

I mean unironically I do want the bolded. LTT is goofing off with tech and the occasional tip and I love it. If I want serious advice I'll watch GN or HUB

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Kingnothing posted:

Now this is loving content.

Oh I thought it was cooking content

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

My GN toolkit definitely says Gamers Nexus on the front. I don't have a problem with it though

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Are they actually decent? All the photos and videos of them kinda made them seem pretty cheap. On par with your typical low cost house brand toolsets from big box hardware stores.

The printing of the labels on the drivers were kinda trash but I think they fixed it in newer runs? The tools themselves are solid and feel great

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

One of my EV channels made a video about the Nvidia fuckup :psyduck:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

mewse posted:

The last video for the LTT illuminati PC is up, the client was D-Brand

Was it really? I thought that was a joke to plug a sponsor

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Is Bitwit the who calls his wife wifeysauce? Or is that a different one

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Worldshatter posted:

I want Anthony to have a nice mantlepiece where he can place all of his probably furry related plushies. I also just want him to get a regular series where he talks about more technical things but that's likely the coldest take at this stage.

WAN Show but its always Anthony and either Riley or James

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Romes128 posted:

How many fuckin mod mats did they sell.

I've bought a modmat, a shirt, a toolkit, and a mousemat.

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 26, 2021

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Koskun posted:

Over the past few months Jay has said he isn't quite sure what videos to keep making, hence why there has been so many talking head ones lately.

He's as frustrated over the video card shortage and that every launch is seemingly a paper one. Very annoyed at nVidia and AMD for releasing the ti/XT line when they can't keep up with the normal versions as well.

Out side of the oddball cases he seems to get sent semi-regularly (which is his latest personal build), there isn't much to review for a site like his it seems. LTT has a broad array of people with different hobbies and such, so they hit a lot of things. For Jay it's him. There are only so many ways to do a "custom water loop", which he's acknowledged too. He did some other stuff last year (the drone stuff was amusing if nothing else), but yeah, how many ways can you watch a computer being built?

I’ve noticed myself watching FAR less tech content precisely because of this. Who cares about reviews when I can’t even buy it. It’s even trickled down to other components, I couldn’t tell you how good or bad the 12th gen Core stuff is because when I saw the reviews I just thought “who cares”. I’d love to get back in but I’ve even flirted with the idea of swapping my PC for a MacBook because I noticed all I ever play are indie/retro/generally less demanding stuff

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

TBF the only things in shortage right now are GPUs and DDR5. Everything else is easily available.

I know. It’s just the GPU shortage causing me to be apathetic overall

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I’m very satisfied with my GN mouse mat and screwdrivers so far

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Who actually cares about what other people think of the merch you wear? I walk around all the time on my days off in roller coaster shirts, subtle fan gamer shirts, more obvious fan gamer shirts, Giant Bomb shirts, and a GN shirt with a massive foil GN logo

Literally no one gives a gently caress, wear what you want

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Inept posted:

I have never seen a mr beast video so I just pretend it's LA Beast in a poor fitting suit jacket attempting to sound professional and important.

I have never wanted to watch anything more in my life

I need business LA Beast

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

c355n4 posted:

https://youtu.be/845HUaWYSQA

Well, now we shall see the best screwdriver according to Project Farm

That was not the crossover I expected in my YouTube subs

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

You can (not) auction

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I couldn’t remember if 8-but guy was the bad one or not so I went in absent minded once he appeared I noped out

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

It took me a moment to realize this isn't the locked Giant Bomb thread. :stare:

I haven’t been in there since GB East retired and Nextlander happened or whatever. What happened?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Ok Comboomer posted:

if you’re not feeling Hbomb’s Somerton content then definitely don’t watch the newest Todd in the Shadows lol

I ended up zoning out on hbomber’s Somerton stuff mostly because it was part 3 (I think) of similar content in a long rear end video and I ended up just skipping through. Thankfully Todd is going in a different direction so I can pay better attention

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

I think anyone with a steam account from 2004 got it for HL2, no one signed up just to get... God what was even on there other than HL2 at the time? Ragdoll Kung Fu?

My account is from 2005, can confirm it was for HL2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

I don't know about best of all time - I'd argue that it has been surpassed at what it does well by other, more modern games. But that doesn't make it a bad game, any more than the existence of more modern boomer shooters makes Doom 2 poo poo.

Doom 2 is poo poo because Doom 1 is better in every way