Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Mr.Radar posted:

And Steve gets to listen to the CEO of EVGA's insane audiophile sound system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq4LRFPyiq4

What's the point? Of course he's not going to say anything bad about it even if it actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Not bad Youtube, only took me 5 times of flagging not interested and 5 page refreshes to get rid of Linus in my recommendations just because I subbed a retro PC channel.

...and now he's back again in the list.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

64bit_Dophins posted:

I feel like Unbox Therapy also doesn't really know anything about the things he talks about. His videos are just like "omg look how cheap this Android phone is" and the entire video could just be summed up with the thumbnail.

At least Linus knows some stuff.

That fucker shows up in the recs in any video that is remotely consumer tech related. YT really likes pushing their megamillions yet trashy low-effort superstars.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

TheCoach posted:

If you are into old PCs then PhilsComputerLab is a really great channel, he has lots of videos with benchmarks and building tutorials that are super helpful.

Here's him building a 486 with a modern power supply and flash based storage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHIVGxNnkbA

Well, he's the only PC hardware guy I subscribed on YT.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

I could care less about his gimmick, I just want to stop seeing his clickbaity face over and over in my YT recs whenever I watch aything tangentially related to PC hardware, despite flagging him as not interested for the zillionth time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

These YouTube channels with a gently caress-ton of cash flow seem to be about one advertising algorithm change away from bankruptcy. Especially as they move away from being original content that people want, and towards being popular for being popular.

I hope that day comes ASAP since:
1. The tears from clickbaiters who tied themselves up to a non-guaranteed source of income will be delicious
2. Without them anyway, there will still be no shortage of creators making actually good content