Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t840X9_8I-Q

Does the Linus Screwdriver have a warranty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

CoolCab posted:

does anyone make an electric screwdriver with a really well calibrated torque sensor or something, i could see that having functional utility. like imagine a screwdriver you could go "okay i'm screwing in a threadripper" and an app on your phone would tell you what corner to put the screwdriver, tighten it just so, move on to the next one etc. i bet that might sell.

Yep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK0iQwHxe1U

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I think it's funny that i can block ads.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Vivaldeez nuts

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Shipon posted:

I have Firefox installed on my laptop and there's this stupid Pocket bullshit whenever I open it, are they smuggling ads into Firefox too?

I think it's limited to the "recommended by pocket" section on the new tab page. Just disable it in about :config and type pocket

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The only workstation i need in my back yard is the grill

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

TheOneVader posted:

Same, the last LTT video I watched was their "apology" and I used to watch every single video. I miss having some fun nerdy videos on in the background and I haven't found anything that quite fills the niche.

MKBHD is just gadgets and a little too sterile. Waveform is boring. No hot takes.

I've been watching Digital Trends a lot more, I quite enjoy Caleb's in depth television discussions.

I tried watching more Gamers Nexus but if I'm not actively in the market for a product, it's just too graph focused.

Mr Mobile is always a delight, but again only does gadgets and not serious hardware discussion.

Snazzy is pretty good. I think I was turned off by the Mac fanboyism at first, but I've come around to his style.

Just read a book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

I've never watched "Steve" so I'm just going to assume we're talking about the MRE guy

Steve MRE is sponsored by the cia to nudge you towards NATO rations thru conscription or the black market ebay/facebook marketplace third party sales