Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The people took the loving doorknobs off the building on their way out lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I like the music it's funny

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I mean the lab looks huge and he has a bunch of people working there yeah

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Man it's a gn video so I'm going to watch it. If they want to literally title it PLAY THIS FREE INTEL GAME AND COME IN 30 FRAMES

I'd just click on the video anyways. As long as it's not effecting the video quality i don't care.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

They're right though. The first name of your teenage crush or whatever isn't classified.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Uhh. If you're embarrassed about liking a YouTuber maybe find a different youtuber who doesn't make you embarrassed

No one's forcing you to watch the videos or wear the merch. Probably

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Seems like they're perfect for each other tbh. They both love to tweet controversial poo poo.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mr.Radar posted:

No, that's way out of character for WAN Show chat. Usually they're decently engaged with whatever topic Luke and Linus are talking about, and Linus brings up points raised in the chat. Linus was also really pointedly ignoring their paid "merch messages" (superchats that don't give YouTube a cut) until the very end of the show whereas he normally also answers a few inbetween main topics.

Actually i like the merch message thing tbh. Instead of donating twenty bucks to have him read a message you buy a shirt instead.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I feel like someone in the threadpredicted that this is exactly what would happen at the time lmao

It's what everyone expected but hoped wouldn't happen.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think YouTube embeds is what keeps crashing this app for me. Hm

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Catpain Slack posted:

Nice Totenkopf helmet, bro! Wicked awesome!

ah yeah didnt see that when i first watched bc i skipped to overclocking related stuff

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Arivia posted:

He pulls it out at one point. It’s a copy of Jeff Hannemann (Slayer guitarist)’s gear. Hannemann was infamous for collecting actual Nazi poo poo.

Definitely something you'd want a replica of then

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

njsykora posted:

I struggle to believe anyone actually thinks those "I personally use and endorse this service or product" are genuine, I think I mentioned this when Hardware Unboxed were doing Starlink ads. Like yeah sure dude who needs fast internet for your job I totally believe you use satellite internet.

lol. really? look at react content. people are dying for someone else to tell them what to think about a thing

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUi37kKdQIU

i knew people were doing it for graphics cards, hadn't considered people swapping heat spreaders

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 16, 2023

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Arivia posted:

I’m not objecting to Linus getting out of bed rear end naked. It’s obvious from the video (the footage and what he says) that he was at his computer for hours trying to figure this out. I don’t know why his wife, who is also on the footage and is shown going back and forth, didn’t grab him some basic clothes, is all. And I’m not saying it from the perspective of “oh Linus is a manchild” or “it’s her job to help him”, solely seeing another person in distress grab them some basic clothing is all.

who cares. ill take my clothes off to sit at my pc. gotta remain unconstrained for max apm

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

That one is weird, too. I saw once a clip where he was making scrambled eggs for a sandwich or some poo poo. And he was fumbling around like a tool.

Parasocial relationship with streamers even extend to randomly hating someone who did a cooking stream lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

The influencer racket seems like it gets turned to 11 for shorts. I don’t know what about the format turbocharges it but it seems way, way easier to push sponsored and scripted content. TikTok influencers have been going wild pushing the same bullet points about Helldivers 2 (like that one like about how it gives you PTSD) and I don’t think many are making it clear they’re sponsored.

Buddy I've been telling my friends it gave me ptsd where are my sponsorship dollars.