Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

~Coxy posted:

This has probably already been done to death (I don't really follow GN much) but I wish he would get an autocue.

He said that he's tried that in the past and prefers reading off of paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Those guys just can't catch a break. I didn't usually watch much of their stuff but they seem to be good guys.

Yea it really sucks for them. They have the best monitor reviews which seems to do.
GN Steve also mentioned that HUB Steve was trying to have a little vacation when all of this happened.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
The articles they used to put up was just the script that Steve reads.

Part of me hopes that Steve manages to find someone yo co-host that has a more lively personality. I'm pretty sure all of the GN employees have the same monotoneness thing going on. Buildzoid does liven things up whenever they put up one of his videos.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

forest spirit posted:

to me it seemed like the script was trying to catch every counter-argument against right to repair, not that he was appeasing chudspeople

It's nice seeing passionate Linus come out, although the ads take away from the legitimateness of the issue IMO.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Warmachine posted:

An iFixit Mako kit will do the job better than Linus' vanity screwdriver, and will also give you enough bits that it's difficult to find something you CAN'T take apart with it. All for a third the price. And the length attachment makes it real easy to reach screws even inside a tightly packed SFF enclosure.

The only reason I can see to buy it is that you really want to give Linus money and don't want something more practically branded. This is coming from someone with 2x GN coffee mugs and their mouse mat, the latter of which is easily the highest quality mouse mat I've ever had and I'd happily pay the same price for with or without the GN branding.

Seriously, the GN mouse mat is loving fantastic.

I want to get the GN mouse mat but a black one with a little GN logo in the corner. I've email their support twice and both times they said they have no plans for that. I might just suck it up and buy it anyways since it's the mouse pad size that I want.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

power crystals posted:

I have the black and red one and the GN logo is pretty small and generally one of those "you have to know it's there to see it" things. It's also seriously a sweet mousemat.

Though I guess if you just want "no design" that doesn't help.

I wanted their 36" x 12" version and I don't want to get one of the RGB mousepads because why. I ended up getting the Corsair MM300 PRO but the surface feels weirdly smooth and I don't like it at all. Part of me is considering giving in and ordering a LTT product.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

forest spirit posted:

I spent a while deliberating on mouse mats and went with the orbitkey faux leather mat. I like the magnetic strip along the top and it has a flap for tidying documents that I use pretty frequently. Having something close at hand but out of sight except for its corner is something I do to prioritize things. I appreciate It seemed reasonably priced for what you're getting. I

How's the faux leather mat? I actually saw a leather mat on Etsy I was kind of considering one but the idea sounds weird to me.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/123425...o=1&frs=1&sts=1

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
I bought my first YouTuber merch. Pretty decent. I really it was offered in a all black design with just a little GN logo in the corner.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Mooktastical posted:

Yeah, with how many subs they've lost, and how this whole thing has blown up on the forums/sub, they kind of have to reverse course on this. The radio silence from Linus' personal forums account is smart, as is not releasing a video today. Whether it's tomorrow or on the Wan show Friday, I'd imagine an apology video is almost definitely in the works.

I'm curious how much influence folks like Luke will be able to exert on Linus, and therefore how much he ends up changing positions, if at all. Moreso, I'm curious to see if they end up actually improving their production pipeline, or any hypothetical apology ends up being straight lip service.

I wonder if the LMG CEO will say anything publicly or do anything privately. Or is he like the current Twitter/X CEO.

what a stupid loving name. it felt so dumb writing X

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

When someone posted the x.com/buildzoid1 tweet earlier in this thread I genuinely thought it was a bot posting a shady link:

x.com/buildzoid1/status/1691251880960147456

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Has Ian released his manifesto yet?

I don't plan on watching it but I really want to know if he can stretch "Linus did nothing wrong" into 3 hours.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
I haven't watched any Linus videos on the last few months. Where'd this title come from?

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Oh, it's still from that? I thought he did something else.

beep by grandpa posted:

I went from watching a lot of linus' videos thruout the week ever since 2019 to stopping completely cold turkey when the Madison tweets came out :thumbsup:

Same, it was nice as background and entertaining at times but :shrug:

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

TheOneVader posted:

Listen here, pal...

I watch nerds on YouTube for a reason

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

no, but ltt basically stole a company's prototype hardware and sold it

e: actually one of the employees is a sexpest, but i dont remember if madison actually said who it was

I hope Riley isn't creepy behind the scenes. He genuinely seems like a good guy.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Theophany posted:

Hey now, they fired that one guy who made a throwaway comment about benchmarking! They take it super cereal!

Did that really happen? Dude didn't deserve that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
That was painful to watch.

NVIDIA has gone straight to the moon. Really wish I bought some stock now.