Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

cage-free egghead posted:

I love LGR and I think he needs more subscribers. Lots of 90's nostalgia and he's got a great voice that doesn't drawl or screech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQSIT18bOvg

Also just randomly came across the New Screen Savers which I had no idea existed and omg they did a birthday video with a few old cast members from the old show.

I'm also a big fan. I like to put his videos on while I'm falling asleep because his voice is soothing and I like hearing about old computers and stuff.

The only thing I don't like about LGR is his limited knowledge of audio equipment. He seems really interested in the stuff but he gets stuff wrong all the time. Also there was the one LGR thrifts episode where he paid like $150 for a POS Technics practice piano that isn't worth its weight in scrap.

Other than that I love his channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Combat Pretzel posted:

Unbox Therapy is obnoxious as gently caress.

I feel like Unbox Therapy also doesn't really know anything about the things he talks about. His videos are just like "omg look how cheap this Android phone is" and the entire video could just be summed up with the thumbnail.

At least Linus knows some stuff.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

snickothemule posted:

I made the mistake of watching Linus' Honor 8X paid promotion video and felt so embarrassed for him. Not only was the whole thing an expensively shot low effort video, but highlights exactly why his channel is so frustrating. I get that he has to do these to pay the bills, but by god, even with his normal snide remarks was it awful and I feel dumber for not knowing anything about the drat phone.

Nearly as bad as those unboxing idiots gushing over new products.

Even Pewdiepie did a promotional video for the Honor phones. Twice actually.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

gradenko_2000 posted:

That isn't quite the worst thing to know about the 8 Bit Guy

https://twitter.com/RealTimeKodi/status/1309886976837980161?s=19

Really? Is there some kind of 'me too' sort of stuff going on here?

I've never been able to watch the guy because he looks like a sludge monster and has the posture of a turtle, but he certainly looks like the kind of guy that would be a sex offender registry so nothing would really surprise me.