Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

priznat posted:

He’s like an entertaining technology clown.
Isn't that exactly what he is?

I challenge you to find a better visual for that term than him dancing on a table in a lab coat. You have defined Linus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah it is kinda arguable you're actually ahead on price to performance, but I was impressed with that one. Lots of little tips people don't think about and friendly delivery.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Just get him on whatever routine Buildzoid uses to overclock his hair.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Here's Steve, praying you don't buy a XFX Thicc

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheFluff posted:

Jesus uses a printout of the script, not a teleprompter. It's on the desk, in plain view. Sometimes he fights his cat for possession of it.
You can't wave nvidia news in front of their AMD analyst like that and expect a different result

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

pzy posted:

8K but the fireplace takes up a tiny portion of the screen, seems like kind of a waste
It's so on brand for Linus it's magical

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Reminder that the opposite of the disappointment build is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tu0Q1x80VY

Assuming the opposite of disappointment is non-movie cats

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It seriously is.

Except Slough of despair is still, you know, a slough.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Linus I get. He's very clearly pivoted to just being silly. Apple guy and Unbox guy I watched while shopping for a phone and they're just not helpful. The stuff they comment on isn't useful information, it's just re-packaged marketing. And when it becomes pure entertainment without education it's not very entertaining stuff. I mostly watched Flossy Carter that guy at least uses the phone. And his cat is cute.

Most of the tech youtubers remind me a lot of watching gaming journalism go down the shitter in the 90s.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

t-shirt is, predictably, sold out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Charles posted:

I haven't gotten sick at all (I get colds and stuff pretty often normally) since mask mandates, so in my anecdotal experience, it's very effective :P
The numbers for how much the flu and colds are down over last winter were bonkers, like 2.2% the number of cases in some groups, though those are obviously cherry picked results.

I ain't giving up wearing a mask in Walmart for the rest of my life. You'd think tech tubers would look at this as optimization. (Then again youtubers in general seem to avoid masks and gloves and it's mind loving boggling)