Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

I need to get a new chair soon and I'm probably just going to bite the bullet and get a really nice one, spending a bunch of money on a chair will probably always feel weird to me but also ow my back

(I recognise that those last two points are probably connected)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

I just hope that Anthony is paid well and that he is happy

(I also hope that everyone else is paid well but yaknow)

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

I imagine he ultimately makes more money from the clicks doing stupid poo poo around technology generates when compared to the cost of occasionally damaging that technology. Probably a personality trait that inadvertently became a business decision*. That roll was nightmare inducing but also really funny imho

*then again that decision occasionally manifests itself in breaking a $10k cpu so who knows

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

man idk at what point of buying 50k of stock for a "bit" does it stop becoming a bit

assuming he actually bought it and isn't just meming but idk I guess he probably has full financial control of the company if he really wants to spend money without getting advice

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

spunkshui posted:

He promised people if they gave him money he would do it.

He didn't want to break that agreement.

For very good reason, the community would be very angry with him for lying and tricking them into giving him superchats for no reason.

I guess that's not *as* weird, pretty massive if people sent 50k in total but even if they didn't it's more of a justifiable expense I guess

the notion of encouraging people to give their money to you to invest it in an ongoing meme stock rubs me a little the wrong way but hey it's not like they were forced to superchat I guess

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

NurSpec posted:

Man, if thatís true, then I hope Anthony gets out of that tiny rear end apartment eventually. Going from his tech upgrade episode to these videos is fuckin whiplash.

I want Anthony to have a nice mantlepiece where he can place all of his probably furry related plushies. I also just want him to get a regular series where he talks about more technical things but that's likely the coldest take at this stage.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

It would be pretty fun to be able to build computers regularly, for all the computer content I consume it's something that only ever makes sense to do every few years, and that's before just upgrading stuff instead.

idk maybe the novelty would wear off after the 15th build of the month because I imagine a lot of my enjoyment from building pcs is the knowledge that I have something cool to set up and use at the end

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxGqGCtPxn4

Holy poo poo they actually just made the kind of video I wanted, I really hope this becomes a series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

Is there a tangible benefit to twitter verification beyond it just being more difficult to impersonate you (which if you're a big personality/a business, is admittedly a big plus)?

Just noticed a lot of people going for it and getting rejected recently