Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
I made the mistake of watching Linus' Honor 8X paid promotion video and felt so embarrassed for him. Not only was the whole thing an expensively shot low effort video, but highlights exactly why his channel is so frustrating. I get that he has to do these to pay the bills, but by god, even with his normal snide remarks was it awful and I feel dumber for not knowing anything about the drat phone.

Nearly as bad as those unboxing idiots gushing over new products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

My favorite reaction to Linus of all time is in one of his recent videos mega build videos with his poo poo tonne of free nvidia titans, he's doing his regular awkward whining why something doesn't work when some dude off screen says "why do you make everything so hard!?"

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

I get this overwhelming feeling that when the camera stops rolling, and with 50 grand worth of camera parts sprawled across his table, he turns to his staff, yells "CLEAN THAT UP!" then storms out the room.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo3lUw9GUJA

This came up in my rec's and I'm super glad I watched it. It's great how this lad is super casual with his state of dress, but his rundown and presentation is really good! Reminds my why I liked youtube in the first place.

Looking back at 90's rendering warms my heart. Also....16gb of 1993 ram!

Fragrag posted:

I love how they have at least two lots, several sets and some other big spaces yet they have their editors cooped in that tiny den.

It's no wonder they're cranky. One dude farts in there and it's all over.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 4, 2019

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

apropos man posted:

Am I wrong in enjoying Tech Deals' videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2LdvqBxph0

He's probably the least coolest guy in PeeCeeVideoReviewLand, but I admire his appeal to those that want just enough technology to run a game in a plausibly pleasant way.

He has the stare of someone that could probably be diagnosed with something psychological and the haircut that could make a Turkish barber vomit, but I dig the earnestness. Am I alone?

e: link was broken

Dude owns. Duke Nukem haircut in a polo and veneers the man in single handedly keeping the 90's alive.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Steve ripping into Stadia is so thoroughly enjoyable, the man has a level of integrity that makes him stand out so well.

That and his glorious mane.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Jesus christ everything about that video is uncomfortable, from the hairless guy justifying this equipment without saying anything worthwhile to Linus' usual bombardment of advertising in video and video description, I'd be happier if I saw this at 4am between katana and cut price jewelry, not a childrens video website.

Only worthwhile thing is going to be people dubbing songs over the video where Linus cries.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

How am I not surprised the support arm is blocking the display.

Never stop Linus Media.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

I'm finding myslf turning most of these texh youtubers off after the usual 3 to 4 minute preamble of nothing before they eventually get to the 20 seconds worth of news. They all suck at this, particulalrly Jay as I see him being lazy with his videos moreso than usual. Hardware unboxed are too formulaic and dry at times and as much as I appreciate Steve's efforts, he's too monotone and needs to find brevity at times.

I'm certain it's just these guys riding the lovely algorithm to maxinise exposure, but it really drones on when an article can do the job so much quicker.

I find Linus the most annoying, but he really is just a huge dork so I can't hold it against him.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

DIY is such a charming gem of a man who shares his knowledge eloquently and is ever so happy. Always learn something wonderful from his builds.

Linus is...well...not that.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

My favourite things about the Linus apology video were the deflection from any sort of responsibility, hollow promising to do better and still blaming others for their dog poo poo ethics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

"Were taking a break from filming but we made these videos and you need to vote if we release then or not.

Since we got 100, 200, 500 votes It's totally out of our hands, the people said to post it and there's nothing we can do about it.

Please understand this is a hard time for us, we're doing our best during this difficult hour and we appreciate the feedback from our fans.

It's not easy running a $100 million dollar operation on my own, I get it, weade.mistakes and that's our bad. But please understand it's not up to us, as a business owner burdened with so much It's the least we could do.

After all it's about the community"

-Linus probably.