Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Am I the only one who falls asleep almost immediately when trying to listen to a Gamers Nexus video? Like, he clearly knows his poo poo very well, he has a lot of great information and good content, make no mistake. But on multiple occasions, even when I wasn't tired, the droning monotone that never really starts or stops once the video begins has genuinely put me to sleep, to the point where I've kind of given up on being able to watch his stuff, even if it's on a topic I'm interested in.

I'll sit there, brow furrowed, trying my best to concentrate and keep myself alert as I stare at the screen and listen, and and then he opens his mouth, and it just all kind of...blurs...around my senses.

It sucks, because, as I've already said, he's great at all the useful information stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I actually just watched a video of GN Steve interviewing that German overclocking/custom rig guy, Der...Bauersomethingorother? yesterday, and I didn't have any of his usual effects, because, well, he was using his normal conversational voice. I've been fine with his other videos where he's actually talking to somebody else, doing interviews and whatnot, too. I'm not a fan of shouty assholes, it's just, he's usually on the other end of the spectrum, far beyond his "normal" voice, to the 'reading a script in an unbroken long monotone sentence' realm.

I get why he does it, and it seems to work for lots of people, so, hey, all good, I suppose.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

priznat posted:

I remember when even the good PC cases had razor sharp edges that would cut you bad if you were caught unawares.

I just made a blood sacrifice a few months ago when I had to reposition my noctua 12a, without even noticing until a minute later. Good times.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Worldshatter posted:

It would be pretty fun to be able to build computers regularly, for all the computer content I consume it's something that only ever makes sense to do every few years, and that's before just upgrading stuff instead.

idk maybe the novelty would wear off after the 15th build of the month because I imagine a lot of my enjoyment from building pcs is the knowledge that I have something cool to set up and use at the end

I really enjoy building computers, myself! My pc having gone from 100% healthy to 100% hosed by attempting to download the latest big windows update from both drives to my motherboard not even letting me access the bios, though? Which is why I'm tablet posting? Going to put a bit of a damper on the next one.