Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

So glad I found this thread, I follow way too many terrible PC youtube channels for my own good. Happy to see the universal praise for Steve aka tech jesus. :)

Just watched an entertaining one from him reviewing one of the most idiotic cases ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OupiPZybyBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

K8.0 posted:

Gopros actually make biking footage look much more tame than it is, the wide angle makes everything look much flatter than reality.

This is so true. I'm just a mtb beginner and like to check out footage of trails I'm planning to ride. Reality is always much steeper and scarier than Gopro footage.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

lol looks like 8-bit doesn't like criticism and turned off comments for that disastrous video.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

The merch revenue is way higher than I expected. No wonder they push it so hard.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Theophany posted:

I'm the video game posters in the bog

There's nothing quite like visiting someone's house, excusing yourself to use the bathroom and stumbling upon their G4M3R-fied shitter.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Arivia posted:

Good news he’s doing more Lyle on his new channel https://youtu.be/jmNl3jC8JYE

God drat that is bad... so bad. How the gently caress do people sit through this stuff?

Nowher fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 3, 2021

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Mr.Radar posted:

Linus Tech Tips did another insanely expensive and pointless project, this time an Xbox controller made of solid gold (which is so fragile it can only be handled with cloth gloves):

Between this and buying $50k of GameStop stock it's a wonder Linus's wife hasn't divorced him yet.

On the WAN show he mentioned he was spending so much because he really wanted these videos to go viral. Judging by the amount of views so far it's just another average LTT video.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Can anyone recommend a good tech podcast similar to the WAN show? Covering PC hardware / gaming and general tech news?

I like Luke but I'm finding Linus to be more and more jarring. The one where he watches a streamer watching his video was the final straw for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Thanks for the suggestions for the Level1techs podcast. I listened to last three episodes on my commute and it was exactly was I was after.