Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
So glad I found this thread, I follow way too many terrible PC youtube channels for my own good. Happy to see the universal praise for Steve aka tech jesus. :)

Just watched an entertaining one from him reviewing one of the most idiotic cases ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OupiPZybyBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

K8.0 posted:

Gopros actually make biking footage look much more tame than it is, the wide angle makes everything look much flatter than reality.

This is so true. I'm just a mtb beginner and like to check out footage of trails I'm planning to ride. Reality is always much steeper and scarier than Gopro footage.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
lol looks like 8-bit doesn't like criticism and turned off comments for that disastrous video.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
The merch revenue is way higher than I expected. No wonder they push it so hard.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Theophany posted:

I'm the video game posters in the bog

There's nothing quite like visiting someone's house, excusing yourself to use the bathroom and stumbling upon their G4M3R-fied shitter.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Arivia posted:

Good news he’s doing more Lyle on his new channel https://youtu.be/jmNl3jC8JYE

God drat that is bad... so bad. How the gently caress do people sit through this stuff?

Nowher fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 3, 2021

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Mr.Radar posted:

Linus Tech Tips did another insanely expensive and pointless project, this time an Xbox controller made of solid gold (which is so fragile it can only be handled with cloth gloves):

Between this and buying $50k of GameStop stock it's a wonder Linus's wife hasn't divorced him yet.

On the WAN show he mentioned he was spending so much because he really wanted these videos to go viral. Judging by the amount of views so far it's just another average LTT video.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Can anyone recommend a good tech podcast similar to the WAN show? Covering PC hardware / gaming and general tech news?

I like Luke but I'm finding Linus to be more and more jarring. The one where he watches a streamer watching his video was the final straw for me.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Thanks for the suggestions for the Level1techs podcast. I listened to last three episodes on my commute and it was exactly was I was after.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Thanks to you Linus' children will now go hungry. Monster.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Just get a pair of DT770s...it's more headphone than 99% people ever need.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I just got a new phone and it seems like Youtube Vanced is no more?! Any other alternative for Android other than watching videos in firefox with ublock?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

njsykora posted:

Yeah Vanced did NFTs using the Youtube logo and got C&D’d into oblivion by Google.

Christ.. That is so much dumber than I anticipated

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Three Olives posted:

Straight People: I am SUCH A SLUT, I have slept with like 5 people! Jessica, Molly, Tiffany, Alexis and Lauren. How many people have you slept with?

Gay People: I dunno, it's over 100, almost certain less than 300, maybe 170-ish? Wait, Mark, did we ever gently caress? Oh, yeah, I kinda of remember that. Anyways, refills?

:chloe:

what is this

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Back during peak Covid lockdown when I was building a new PC I bought a GN hoodie to support the channel that gave me great advice.

I like it but very rarely will I ever wear it outside the house.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

so i finally went to lttstore based on this conversation and

ITS ALL LINUS MODELING EVERYTHING?????????

lol

lmao

:lmao: yes it's quite tragic

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Yeah big "Benevolent God" small business owner energy from Louis.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I just watched that sponsored LTT video on the autonomous lawnmower. Don't think a sponsored video could make me want a product less.

I checked the price and that thing is $3k! :wtf:
What sort of techbro brainworms must you have to think that it a good buy?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Nowher posted:

What sort of techbro brainworms must you have to think that it a good buy?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
100 million is an absolutely insane amount. I don't think I would have the willpower to refuse that but props to Linus.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

well why not posted:

It's a lot easier to turn down 100 million if you already have several millions and a pipeline to several more. That was his point when he said he couldn't get a bigger house or a faster car.

Yeah that's true.
Also, Linus doesn't strike me as someone who has many friends, hobbies or interests outside LMG. Giving it all up for a large sum of money is a big ask.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
LMG sponsor vetting process going real well...

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
ngl that is a sick looking small form factor PC.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
That battery setup seems so loving sketchy...?

You could just hire a generator right?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
It's a lovely, cringe inducing joke.. so of course LTT latched onto it.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
How long before Linus goes full Elon?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Holy poo poo.. that is definitely the final nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. gently caress Linus and gently caress his lovely incel infested company.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Some strong Gob Bluth 'I made a huge mistake' energy from the new CEO.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I remember Luke saying on WAN show that he expects new hires to put in hours of unpaid overtime to 'get ahead'.

yeah nah

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
But I do agree that Luke definitely comes across as the most likeable of the LMG crew.

Maybe he's just been paired with Linus for too long and has normalised his idiocy and toxic behaviour.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Where the gently caress is that weird nerds taking a bullet Simpsons meme?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Ultraklystron posted:

Sheesh, I made 33%+ more 10 years ago in Metro Van just doing web frontend, 50%+ more by the time I left the job 4 years later, and I was still being finessed vs. my worth. What an absolute joke. Even the game studios in Van paid better back then. No wonder every time they do an extreme tech upgrade, they're in some cramped condo or apartment. I'm shocked we're not seeing more basement suites at that point.

Haha that's always stuck out to me. Every tech upgrade they did it's usually some tiny shoebox apartment or basement. It's quite jarring when the next video is Linus flailing around like a monkey in his GroverMcMansion.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

America.jpg

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Floatplane just seemed like such a poo poo proposition to me. I was bewildered that you have to pay for every channel individually.

Wow... you get some D-grade behind the scenes footage from LMG. Pass

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Seams posted:

I thought I could live with watching YouTube with ads but it’s such a painful experience I gave in and bought premium. Can’t be bothered loving around with different adblockers every time YouTube cracks down on one or the other.

Yeah same here, I watch a lot of youtube on my Chromecast so not really feasible. At least I got the family plan and split it with a few friends and my parents.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Great, now they're putting in lovely F2P mobile games into YouTube.

Who asked for this poo poo....?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

:shepicide:

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

slidebite posted:

So how was cubetower?

It's a tower defense game akin to something I would play on my Galaxy S1 back in 2012.

So pretty standard game offering from Google.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

EngineerJoe posted:

Seems like the family plan is going from $17.99/month to $32.99/month (Australian)

That's crazy

gently caress me ... Looks like I'll be cancelling my family plan if that's the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
These deep dive videos are great to fall asleep to.