Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

I couldn't find a better thread to post this in but holy poo poo the Tech Report site redesign is awwwwwwwwwwwwwwfulllllllllllll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Combat Pretzel posted:

I wonder if Google goes eventually gung-ho and bans Google accounts of people continually evading the adblock detection. Would be hilarious for people to get their adjacent business accounts banned, getting their workplace in deep poo poo, because they happened to have it and their personal account logged in onto their home computer, where they adblocked Youtube.

I want to point out that in the 3/17/2021 version of the Youtube TOS, which caught my eye immediately when I noticed it, it straight out says:

Terms of Service posted:

Terminations by YouTube for Service Changes

YouTube may terminate your access, or your Google account’s access to all or part of the Service if YouTube believes, in its sole discretion, that provision of the Service to you is no longer commercially viable. {emphasis mine}

I always took this as their intending on ban people who attempted to circumvent their ad system without buying into Premium (i.e. because they can't make any money off of you due to blocking ads). It survived through the 6/21/2021 update but the clause was removed in the 1/5/2022 update.

Maybe I misread the intention, but maybe someone challenged them on it and it was found to not be legally enforceable.