Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Purgatory Glory posted:

Who doesn't love Wendell? My knowledge on computer stuff isn't very deep but I can tell he knows his stuff inside and out, also has a stellar voice:
https://www.youtube.com/user/teksyndicate/

i thought you were confused by linking to teksyndicate but apparently wendell took the teksyndicate youtube name and teksyndicate/formerly crit got the razethew0rld one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Blorange posted:

I was under the impression that the NONAME VPN company was made up for the joke.

it could all be just an elaborate joke but it seems like there really was a VPN provider willing to sponsor his ad at the end except they wanted changes and he said no.

one of the very last things he says was, "that was a lot of money" real sad like.

GutBomb posted:

Agreed. I guess he’s very slightly Asian but his Asian stereotype character really is a bit much. But the comments are all “he is actually Asian so it’s alright”

i had never seen this guys channel until that whole thing with building a pc from theverge... i hesitated a bit because i thought it just had to be an elaborate deconstruction of a racist joke.... but no the joke is he exploits his ethnicity to let racist laugh at him for views.... for a tech channel.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Eaton did do them a favor though since they were out of warranty but I'm guessing bad press from LTT over this is probably not worth denying a replacement.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

unsurprisingly mkbhd's video is getting a higher proportional number of dislikes than likes.. at least based on his previous 2 videos.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

my first interaction with a bitwit video was that video making fun of the theverge computer build.

not only is that poo poo racist, it provides cover for racists. "that guy did an impression there so what's so bad about it?"

its not even a good gag or joke. it is basically "watch me talk in an accent for a whole video." there is no comedy to it. like why would you find it funny other than you think of othering people being perfectly fine.