Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's gonna slowly turn into a rich kid hobby if things keep going bad. This could destroy the scene if only a bunch of whales are in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Three Olives posted:

Do I have news for you my friend!

Worth every penny, inverter microwave, toaster oven, convection oven, will microwave and convection cook at the same time. I miss my Advantium from my old place, but this is the next best thing short of doing a very expensive kitchen remodel.

This is the greatest microwave in the universe. I was so choked I couldn’t use it in my new house since we had to get an above range microwave which sucks poo poo. That thing perfectly reheats everything.

I gave it to my parents and whenever I visit I rotate the dial a bit just for the memories.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He's a nerd influencer. It's just how it is. Millions of people fantasize about being just like em. It's no different than Insta/TikTok stars. It's a bullshit industry filled with flaunting riches.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

From a NCIX salesman to millionaire. What a ride. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Top streamers make gently caress all from subs. It’s the sponsored content bringing in the money. Asmongold went over it when he broke character and basically said the new changes gently caress over anyone under 1-2k viewers.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Doesn't he give away basically all his money earned from videos and is just non-stop throwing money out? Like, I heard he bought an entire dealerships car lot and then gave away the cars.

e : yeah here: https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/mrbeast-customers-tears-free-car-dealership-967748/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Does this require admin rights too or does it work on basic accounts in Windows?

And lol at just sitting naked figuring it out unless he was just in shorts but still covered up his massive dong.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Charles Leclerc posted:

Genuinely impressive mental gymnastics itt. Literally insane ramblings.

The Linus Lover chimes in.

It's funny - any time someone criticizes him you're here standing "FUKKEN BRAINWORMS THE LOT OF YOU!!!"

loving fanboy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is anyone losing their mind? It's just loving funny that he's buck rear end naked and posting the footage.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Inept posted:

it isn't shilling, it's puddle deep reviews of products. it's the same reason people used to make fun of gamespot and ign

His camera reviews form this year seemed pretty drat good and not puddle deep. Esp for the average consumer.

E: ok just comparing two top of the line competing cameras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88kd9tVwkH8

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 25, 2023

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wild EEPROM posted:

The toaster with the touchscreen

:lol: I got an ad for this the other day.

LMAO

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OfxlSG6q5Y

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NCIX was horrible in 2012 and before that. It was neat in the early aughts as the competition was a dumpsterbin. What was that other company? Tiger something? Everything else was just local shops and you hoped for the best.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

priznat posted:

In Vancouver the main vendor in the PC space (although there were a lot of small PC component stores) was ATIC. It was a worse shopping experience than NCIX in every way to the point where people I know witnessed a fistfight between staff and a customer over a repair service disagreement. Then NCiX got big and introduced a decent Web store front end and a few locations around where you could pickup stuff with minimum hassle (still was kind of a sucky time though ensuring they didn't muck it up)

Weirdly ATIC still exists even after NCIX's implosion.

The two big ones I shopped at back in the day in Winnipeg were Computer Avenue and then down the road a SEPERATE company called Computer Boulevard which are both now gone. Avenue was just a small, basic store but had good stock. Boulevard was bigger and then got closed down for smuggling or something I heard.:lol: Shady poo poo.

Thank god for Memory Express coming in.Before all that was just whatever small store - I used to go to a place called Coreys Computers - got my first CD writer there- $200 - my mom was flabbergasted!

E: gently caress, it's still around! https://www.coreyscomputing.com/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Romes128 posted:

guys, leave jay alone, he's just a quirky gun nut

https://twitter.com/JayzTwoCents/status/907243204407312384?s=20

https://twitter.com/JayzTwoCents/status/907247696670482432?s=20

oh...

this was all in the context of someone posting an article about pewdiepie using the n word on a live stream.

racism and gunning down blm protesters fantasy aside, he's a hack in the youtube tech world who rides the coattails of people who actually know what they're talking about when a controversy happens, and is almost always dead wrong in his "analysis" of it.

Just Texas things~~ :swoon:

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

To be fair, for people who need social media to keep their profile up, they need the checkmark or the engagement plummets. A Twitch streamer I follow felt forced to get because the number of tweet views fell off a cliff. Now that is gross.

This has proven to be BS - lots of people buying blue checks and their engagement goes DOWN. Turns out you just need to make good content.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RIP

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So he's just (or maybe always has been) Tim Allen from Home Improvement now?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

MVG is a cool dude - love this indepth videos.

One of the cooler impossible ports was Tomb Raider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GVSLcqGP7g

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The LTT forums are no gauge - these are people so dedicated to riding Linus' dick they joined a forum based around him.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SlowBloke posted:

I mean, if I lower the temp to 25C I start to get runny nose and shivers since my body expect a baseline temp and the environment is lower than that. If you guys can move from 40C to 20C and not have any adverse reaction, I envy your youth and wish to remember that after a certain age you will not be able to pull similar stunts.

You don't get germs from a temperature drop. :lol:

gently caress lol

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 22, 2023

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Words have meanings buddy. You just posted something my dad used to say so the AC stayed off. That he was getting a cold from it being cooler in the house.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wait, retrobrighting is bad? :(

Odd Tinkering does this with all his videos.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, this is an easy switch to Firefox. Their icon is nicer too. Just need Mozilla email now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FlapYoJacks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zggNjikFRMQ

AMD won all but two categories and one of those categories was “most disappointing CPU” which went to the entire 14th gen Intel lineup lmfao.

So AMD is where its at if I want to build in the next year or so?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I noticed a new type of ad on YouTube via my TV last night - it has a yellow circle and timer and just plays the ads without a skip right in the middle of a video. I think I was still getting the regular format too with the timer and maybe an option to skip.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cyrano4747 posted:

The fact that your first computer was a P2 makes me feel incredibly old.

Was probably most peoples here - what was yours, in the 80s?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

2004 is so far away. It's sad. :(

May 15th - who knows what the hell for.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Don’t need perfect toast - it’s good enough.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Radia posted:

3O is married ur gonna get owned for this one

Can still be lonely.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Russians put a tv away from the stove for their TV needs.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think I played through half of Quake 2 at sub 15 FPS with software rendering and eventually had to beg to get a graphics card. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Qrs_J-NmY

Honestly, I'm game for the back-of-board connectors if only for the ergonomics. Trying to plug in fan headers and power cables with a huge heatsink in the way is and always will be a gigantic pain in the rear end.

drat, surprised this hasn't been out for a while now. Pretty expensive - $399 CAD.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So the D literally stands for douchebags, right?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Adaptive cruise is real nice - lets me know when to past the slow pokes as my car slows down. This is in a Subaru. I tried the lane assist thing but it feels way too weird and you need to have your hands on the steering wheel anyways.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

apatheticman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QztFpzKsdeA

Wow a 13 minute video that vaguely gestures towards "Product reviews are buying advice idiot".

Really highlights how much YouTubers want to avoid having things like editorial standards....

Like all reviewers they will never give up the gravy train. Companies/people dedicated to reviews are all shills. No honesty.

Palladium posted:

i also have a lane keeping device, it's called "look ahead as far as possible"

always work for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Crying editorial standards and "shilling" in this context (Humane AI and Fisker) is absolutely crazy.

I trust no review sites or anything anymore - there is not a single person not sucking on the teet. You say anything real bad and the free stuff stops coming in.