Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

EVIL Gibson posted:

See how he paid thousands of dollars to fix his GIANT ZFS ARRAY WOWEE WOW WOW because he decided to use the 'hda','hdb',etc naming convention which any guide will tell you to NEVER loving DO (use the UUID).
lol he paid a few grand for someone to run "zpool import -f"? (That'll make it scan all drives for ZFS pool signatures and fix it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I think the video fits this thread the best. I mean Bitwit's Chinese guy shtick gets old quick, but it highlights the best parts of the riffed original video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vmQOO4WLI4

And it still misses the PSU being put in upside down and the short snippet of the guy trying to remove thermal paste from the underside of the CPU.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 17, 2018

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Unbox Therapy is obnoxious as gently caress.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

EpicCodeMonkey posted:

Edit: I do like LTT videos for the incompetence and sheer volume of product reviews, but man is their editing and click-bait titles annoying.
Blame Youtube for the titles. Their stupid AI prefers those.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

There's a perfectly serviceable option called bcache on Linux. It does in particular what he's wishing for in regards to new incoming data. But I guess that wouldn't make much of a video.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

They've done a roast of Linus? Do I even want to click into it?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That idiot isn't really a Youtuber at all, but there's no other suitable thread for this...

https://boingboing.net/2019/06/07/a...peter-brig.html

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/pet...ing-sex-minors/

Whoopsie.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 8, 2019

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Phone posted:

i didn't realize his twitter handle was @drpizza until i saw atomicthumbs tweeting about it this morning, and this is firmly going in the bucket of "this simulation sucks". loving dr pizza? really? loving really writers? this is the best you can come up
To be fair, he had that nickname for years before this pizza gate bullshit already.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

repiv posted:

pizza=cp has been around far longer than pizzagate

https://www.urbandictionary.com/def...rm=cheese+pizza

since 2010 at least
TIL.

Well, Whoops Part Two.

--edit:
Actually, there's people on the Ars forum complaining that it's a stupid nickname, dated around September 2000, so eh.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Rossman was a weird tone to his poo poo, but considering the assholes Apple are being in that specific area he operates in, I'm almost willing to forgive it.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Wendell and co? Don't they have a female co-host?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

This is some TTS poo poo, right?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That needs to go to the audiophile thread.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Seeing the water level drop was impressive. Considering water is incompressible, it was in the rest of the system, and that was a considerable volume.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Peter Bright, DDLG.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...-hung-jury.html

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Yeah, I have no idea. I wish there was a proper summary of what happened, because it must have been clown college. Over on Ars, in the relevant thread, people are talking about it, seemingly knowing details, but not really linking them (apart from a few unreadable stray pages). But apparently in typical DrPizza fashion, he was being a know-it-all fuckwad again, and did a testimony in self-defense, against the better judgment of his lawyer, and it must have been so annoying that court spectators left in the middle of it.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Yea, what? LTT and nazis? Is this internet hyperbole?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Blame Google/Youtube's reliance on their ML bullshit for everything. For some reason their algorithm converged to a solution that promotes that poo poo.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

People on social media being holier than thou, well I never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

K8.0 posted:

MKB on the other hand, I don't understand how anyone can watch. Guy's had no problem exposing himself as willing to openly shill for outright scammers, IDK how anyone can bother watching anything he does after that.
The guy never has a strong opinion about anything.