Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

You guys are too hard on some goober on youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

VorpalFish posted:

All the capacitor stuff was just people repeating and amplifying speculation from igors lab or whatever.

As it turns out there's already a driver fix with no performance impact so it looks like the whole cap thing was much ado about nothing.

EVGA did corroborate the findings saying they discovered the all 'poscap' design didn't pass their testing.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Some Goon posted:

Every time I see the thumbnail of Linus's ultra-binned Intel chip it looks like a novelty sized magnum wrapper.

I totally thought the same thing.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Also it's not going across the heart. That's much more dangerous.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

priznat posted:

Itís always funny to me how engineers in several countries have rings made of conductive material (ďironĒ, but actually steel) on the pinkie finger, so very exposed.

I know a guy who got zapped by the 96v ringing voltage on a SONET backplane, after that he stopped wearing the ring :haw:

It's literally to remind us that we can be idiots too... mission accomplished?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

There are great chairs but keep in mind every one is different and what works for you won't work for someone else. I try to pick up Steelcase Leap v2 chairs on Kijiji for about $350CAD used whenever I need one for home or office. They're great chairs and there always seems to be used ones around.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

You obviously don't know how profitable YouTube is for top tier channels

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

To be fair he also nuked $50,000 in cash or so I hear

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Yeah most people will have 'minor cases' which is why this virus is so difficult to contain. Someone telling everyone they feel relatively fine is not some virus-conspiracy signaling. It's just letting people who care about your well-being know that you're ok.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

White_americans.jpg

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

He should have shot the pipes with a pellet gun

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

More divorce fallout?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUfiXOGDdy4

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I unfollowed 3D Printing Nerd because he was he was around people without a mask and no visible precautions. I didn't think it would bother me but it really did and his content sucks lately anyways.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Whatever insurance policy he has won't cover the gold controller unless he specifically has it insured and it would be ridiculously expensive to insure.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

CaptainPsyko posted:

Please please please tell me this is just Steve being droll and that I am not that old at the ripe age of thirty-loving-seven.

Yeah, I am very familiar with these intel characters and feel very, very old...

It reminds me of this tiktok:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeSGdLJH

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Counter point: having multiple 12v rails is a nice way to avoid having a 800-1200watt short.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I was going to link to this too. Thanks :)

My Emermax Revolution DF 850W PSU is multirail and gave me no issues with my 5900x and 3080 gpu.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Yeah I bought 32 Gigs of G.SKILL Trident Z Neo in October for $230CAD and now it's on sale for $304!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I'll give them credit for trying to produce anything special and unique when they could easily release the 'gently caress you, you'll buy it anyways' gpu and it would still sell out instantly.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

A majority of the reviews on youtube for any product category are equivalent to Linus' paid previews because that's exactly what they are but they aren't upfront about it.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I like Marques' tech opinions and his reviews are good for just viewing a product on day 1.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The content are informercials, the hosts are shills

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

After seeing a bit of the Linus ASMR video I went to twitch to show my wife some of the weird/real ASMR and the Amouranth was live, lying on a bed licking an double ear shaped microphone... mission accomplished?

EngineerJoe fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 20, 2021

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Adolf Glitter posted:

I feel about 100 years old

priznat posted:

Extremely same I have no idea what any of that meant.

Twitch bans sexual content if there's no context, so you can't have a girl in a bikini on her bed because there's no context to it other than sexual. A girl in a pool or hot tub is ok because the context is there that makes it non-sexual.

Someone figured out that you can buy a $200 inflatable hot tub and install it in your basement. They were taking over the IRL category so Twitch made a hot tub category which seems to be hurting the trend since those streams aren't appearing on the front page.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Not anymore. Twitch just banned her for the very stream that our fellow goon watched with his wife.

Written like that it sounds like we have a kink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Arivia posted:

I believe Patrick Stone of GN (so the one doing the PSU testing) actually has an EE degree, it got mentioned during the NZXT riser videos. Note that there are two Patricks who work for GN and usually when Steve refers to Patrick itís the other one who writes reviews and does camera work.

e: I was incorrect, Stone has a Computer Engineering degree. His LinkedIn was literally the first result when I googled his name.

Computer Engineering is basically a specialized form of Electrical Engineering so it's still his wheelhouse