Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Who doesn't love Wendell? My knowledge on computer stuff isn't very deep but I can tell he knows his stuff inside and out, also has a stellar voice:
https://www.youtube.com/user/teksyndicate/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

i thought you were confused by linking to teksyndicate but apparently wendell took the teksyndicate youtube name and teksyndicate/formerly crit got the razethew0rld one?

Yeah, I did a double-take when pasting it.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I've been watching a bunch of LGR vids recently. Not just his vids focusing on ancient hardware (which are great), but also his video game ones, and when I ran across the one he did for Lionhead's The Movies, I remembered how much fun I had loving around making stupid machinima vids with that game. I'd lost my original copy years ago somehow, so I ended up seeking out and ordering a copy on eBay last night. Thanks LGR!

If you like old stuff reviewed/played around with then you will absolutely love Techmoan.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Cavauro posted:

The 8-Bit Guy

This guy deserves some love. I'm too young for the 80s computer age other than being a small kid but the 8-bit guys "history of" stuff is great.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

Just chiming in to say Linus sucks and I hate his stupid face and voice

On the flip side Anthony from LTT has been garnering a cult following for his smooth voice and non-annoyingness. I don't mind Linus that much and Anthony is great.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RIxgAgmfpk

Here it is. The video that made me finally say "gently caress this channel" and unsubscribe from Linus.

Far be it from me to be a fanboy of any product when it comes to Apple vs. Android but the way Linus always loving stretches some point super thin just to get some dig at Apple in any way he can its bizarre.

Like the whole "Hey, Apple offers 5 years of support for their devices but oh wait it's actually only 5 years from the launch of the phone so it's actually some sort of cloak'n'dagger bullshit!!" point was just insane. What is this dude's loving problem? Christ. He's reaching Louis Rossman levels of seeing shadows where there's not and that Adored guy's hatred against nVidia thinking they're the third reich's GPU division.

A bit of googling and that appears true. But I also couldn't help but laugh at the top result for " How long does android support phones:
"These phones are designed, sold, and maintained by Google, so they get updated when the latest versions of Android are available—on time, every time. Google also guarantees that level of supportfor at least two years for all majorAndroid updates, and an unprecedented three years for monthly security updates.Dec 19, 2017"

Either way, I think you are overreacting to Linus.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Wirth1000 posted:

MKBHD has been killing it lately. Interviews with Satya Nadella and Will Smith.... and Linus is, I dunno, still trying to sell, uh, underwear???

You're right, if you ain't got Will Smith what's the point of continuing your channel? Though Linus is on track to reach 10 million before MB. Or was a few weeks ago at least.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

OhFunny posted:

I don't know if anyone watched Hardware Unboxed, but one of their crew just passed away.

I can only see a video from 3 days ago saying Kevin from tech showdown was in a medically induced coma. Looks like he passed away.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

8 bit guys most recent video featured a new guy whose channel is 8 bit show and tell. He's quirky with his attention to detail but I find his voice relaxing as he explains stuff:
https://youtu.be/6_CZpFqvDQo

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

After getting over Tech deals hair and teeth, I really enjoy him. Even with his home shopping network like delivery. But I also know poo poo-all about the nitty gritty of computer tech.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

I just assumed that they have all this poo poo around the office that they don't know what to do with. So why not create some goodwill and stuff some if it in a random tshirt order? Seems harmless enough. The first foil shirts sold out super fast before anyone knew there was a potential prize I think.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Adding to above: he's an open carrying Texas chud.

Cool/ok videos, poor judgement, awkward guy, poo poo politics

I just assumed you get to shoot random people if you wear jorts with Nike Monarchs.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

priznat posted:

I briefly reconnected with a high school acquaintance on FB (before he tried to get me into a MLM scheme) and he said he is neighbours with Linus and he’s a great guy and throws awesome block parties.

What MLM? This is very important and relevant.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

MrOnBicycle posted:

Multi level marketing. Basically pyramid selling.

Which mlm?

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

MrOnBicycle posted:

Oops! Sorry!

No problem. I already decided in my head that it's Primerica or Herbalife.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

A'right God how's it going?

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Mr.Radar posted:

Linus Tech Tips did another insanely expensive and pointless project, this time an Xbox controller made of solid gold (which is so fragile it can only be handled with cloth gloves):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBQaV0JidZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk2E1Tunoc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-tDammqiKw

Between this and buying $50k of GameStop stock it's a wonder Linus's wife hasn't divorced him yet.

A good chunk of the investments were from viewers.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Based on the remodel videos on LTT I bet one of his staff already has the gold controller collecting dust at their place.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

repiv posted:

Isn't Coreteks the one that claimed Ampere would have a raytracing co-processor on the back of the PCB for some reason?

It doesn't?

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Watced the bitwit reaction video. I chuckled at parts. Guess I'm not woke enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Space Racist posted:

Who is ReviewTechUSA and does he ever actually review tech or does he just make videos about ~drama~?

Never watched the dude but his videos keep showing up in my feed suggestions.

He used to be all about reviewing games and talking about how much the gtx 980ti was a better deal than the Titan. But it's evolved to mostly drama talk about the industry or fellow content creators.