Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

auto translation is still pretty lovely but i've been pleasantly surprised at how good auto captioning is these days even against human transcription especially when you consider the quality of human transcription when it's been outsourced to places like the philippines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Anyway, they did just buy a $5000 PC and it immediately throttles itself lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICMKUSff_6I

lol skimming thru the video and the main thing that stood out to me outside of how lovely the build was, was his hair occasionally dangling into the case while he was digging around

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Nvidia marketing isn't particularly good

A colleague noted the launch marketing for the 4090s focused a lot on DLSS3 giving the impression that raster performance was weak. they should have just focused on raster and RT improvements leading to 2x performance over the 3090

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

And with all the GPU orientations it would be an LGBTQ+-friendly house!

:whitewater:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

yeah ymmv of course but 15 bucks seems like a fair price for the amount of use I get out of it.
not just videos but a spotify equivalent on my phone.