Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
nah, they fired him i guess when he was arrested but all of his articles are about microsoft so uh vOv

i didn't realize his twitter handle was @drpizza until i saw atomicthumbs tweeting about it this morning, and this is firmly going in the bucket of "this simulation sucks". loving dr pizza? really? loving really writers? this is the best you can come up with?

kudos to him for falling for [Honeypot] Open honeypot looking for people to fall for this obvious honeypot Posted by: fbiagent0034

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mr.Radar posted:

The 8-bit Guy put out a video defending himself... exclusively on his Patreon. He did say in the post it could be linked elsewhere that his IBM Executive Workstation video is being discussed, so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYopBjwhF1M

skipped to like 3 minutes in

"and that now brings us to the next point of discussion, which was the paper clip. so a lot of people are enraged by that and i think there's a lot of armchair warriors out there right now that are um... what i mean by that"

:five:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
its up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fnXsmXzphI

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i appreciate the irony of GN getting a lot of mileage out of of those gigabyte PSUs having less than ideal short protection, but gigabyte immediately goes "oh yeah, here's what's up" with the motherboard lol

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
thanks algorithm

e: the video's fine; however, the caveat is that "this is how RMAs used to work at newegg 15 years ago" and nominally describes an RMA process that isn't playing hot potato with a $500 motherboard and shipping poo poo with a manufacturer RMA sticker on it.

Phone fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 11, 2022

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
considering the stuff that they've been doing (the move, fan machine, no reason to do video card reviews anymore because there are no video cards, etc.), it's not like GN is super hard up for content and this fell into their lap.

obviously there's some work involved with attempting to get a refund and emails aren't free, but it's not sleeping at the office for 2 days to get the steamdeck review out the door.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lol of course family-owned small business tyrant bullshit, who could have foreseen

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Wait until you find out what he was doing in the 90s!!!

Anyways, off to see Video Games Live.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://i.imgur.com/y1UAovF.mp4

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

repiv posted:

lol the corsair employee (who GN didn't name) is apparently jonnyGURU himself, the former PSU reviewer and now head of R&D at corsair

it's like 16 possible combinations, and you can eliminate most of them because it apparently won't work with two

i'm not going to insinuate that gamersnexus is in the pocket of big "please use the device as intended and designed", but the contents of the actual complaint is "well actually there's a 14.285714% (repeating) chance of plugging in the right 3 power cords blindly; therefore,"

this is why people shouldn't do the "get a job doing your hobbies and you'll never work a day in your life" thing: your hobby/you becomes hot twitter goss". just like shut up dude.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it's almost as if his behavior is indistinguishable from a rando on twitter :thunk:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
They’re doing that poo poo on purpose

When I had built a NAS that didn’t go anywhere like 10 years ago, even I knew to set up a scrub cron job

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

njsykora posted:

I saw a thumbnail from Paul’s Hardware about defending his choice of the best GPU of all time and it was the 1080ti and my dude that is the coldest take you could possibly have.

ati radeon 9700 pro?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

"I still have a Bulldozer CPU in my home computer"
steve "gamers nexus" burke

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i mean, i got my job out of college due to some sh/sc thread that was posted about Mastering The Mainframe

joke's on me though i'm currently working on something that's adjacent to a literal green screen i wrote back in 2015 :negative:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

lmao unbelievable

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
let's go, woo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFNi3YNJXbY

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

njsykora posted:

Huge fan of the PC chandelier and also really like the concept of a flatpack case. I also like the idea of inter-company beef between them and Fractal over who came up with the idea of putting wood slats on a case first.

the formd t1 is a flatpack case

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It’s fun OP

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i look forward to ltt building a sound chamber in the next 18 months

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FuturePastNow posted:

Have they ever used that fan tester to test fans yet?

they said yeah, but to complete their testing on fans they needed the chamber to be wrapped up

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Beve Stuscemi posted:

This is not what I thought Steve meant when he said the chamber was for testing only fans

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
He’s not mad, he’s disappointed

Completely different

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Combat Pretzel posted:

Only read the first part because tl;dr, but "we didn't sell it, we auctioned it" lolwat. And if GN was in contact with Billet, they sure would have mentioned said claim of compensation from LTT?

Called it.

It’s a p decent example of “im sorry i got caught”

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
there’s a sublime element to this considering gn steve called linus when his youtube got hijacked at like 4am (keep in mind the time zone differences, too)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Icept posted:

"If only steve would have done the right thing and reached out to me" I lament while carelessly ignoring all attempts at outreach while pushing my staff to disregard everything else for higher numbers

GN specifically drew a line in the sand a while ago saying that they’re not going to do the “we’re all buddy buddy, we’re all youtubers here” song and dance with LTT/LMG

I wonder why :thunk:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SourKraut posted:

I still don’t understand how people willingly watch the swill that is LTT

to be fair, hard R linus was extremely funny earlier this year

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lister posted:

It's also funny because a similar thing happened six months ago and got dropped quickly after he never mentioned it https://linustechtips.com/topic/148...ication-needed/

If the why is subjective, then it isn't all rock solid. The video mostly being right doesn't put it above criticism. I think that pulling quotes from employees saying they wish they had more time to make videos, without actually getting direct quotes specifically on the subject of the video, was irresponsible too. It's drawing a conclusion from those statements to GN's thesis without allowing the people saying those things from elaborating.

linus, you don't have to do this

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Grapplejack posted:

Imgur changes everything to webps now I guess

https://i.imgur.com/d37RuJT.png

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Klyith posted:

You don't have to go back more than 1 week to find an example of how bad LTT testing is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wBxYQdN96s

They test some games with 3 youtube 4k videos playing in a browser, either behind a game on a single monitor or displayed on extra monitors.

Guess what a browser will do when its window is totally obscured behind a maximized window or full-screen game? Or if you power-save the display? It slows or stops rendering videos and updating the window. Because it knows you can't see anything!

So they didn't really test anything relevant to multiple monitors. They tested playing 3 videos versus having 3 semi-idle browsers in the background. To do this test *properly* you'd have to make sure the videos were actually displaying -- maybe play the game in a window that didn't take up the full screen and have the 3 youtubes poking out around it or something.

Just basic methodological failure to see an interesting result and say "wait, what does this really mean?"

you can also pin the integrated graphics to chrome if you want lol

they're gonna rediscover time sharing/dumb terminals soon

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
[david cross in cutoffs]

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Because you're weird and dumb

fact: that is a subjective opinion

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Cantide posted:

Not sure I would trust the account of someone who does this:

"I purposefully cut my leg open so badly I would have to go to the ER to get it stapled back together."

Just saying neither side is trustworthy without evidence one way or another

gently caress you

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Catpain Slack posted:

People telling you to gently caress off because you post like a dipshit is not "mob mentality"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Vic posted:

Apparently they're deleting comments about Madison from youtube comments.

linus tech tips posted:

We are still us.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
e: nevermind whatever

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

power crystals posted:

I'm specifically not saying he's blameless, I'm saying that him letting that happen under him is far worse than him personally telling her to calm her tits or whatever, because he's ultimately the one responsible for stopping it and yes as a terminal small business owner he will never admit enough fault to realize his employees are not perfecf.

dig up

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lister posted:

Madison's story is the kind of bombshell information that can be discovered by interviewing current or former employees. If GN had reached out to her for her story, even anonymously, it would have been so much more affective than pulling quotes out of context. That's the kind of investigation I wish they'd done. Maybe they'll talk to a lot of people for a follow up video, but I worry that unless it's put in a video by a major channel that it's going to be unseen by the larger youtube audience.

Get banned, you loving freak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i figured out how this is going to end

some wet blanket of a statement saying that they’re going to do better and now they have clearly processes in place to deal with harassment going forward

it’s gonna be annual off the shelf anti-harassment e-learning module