Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Guessing the checks must be great now that Linus posted sponcon about how crypto is free money and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Like how did he/the company not think the response was going to be mostly negative

https://twitter.com/LinusTech/status/1371202758523506691

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

There is some legitimate criticism that the Linus crew could update their test bench for more recent/relevant games, but it seems like that person is one tweet away from, "It's about ethics in gaming journalism."

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Lawman 0 posted:

What the flying gently caress?
When they got hacked on Youtube, LTT thought it was a good idea to release the security footage of Linus in his house when it happened. Nude, and sitting at his PC dealing with the situation.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mr. CEO, one follow up question please: what was the purpose of the stripper joke at the end of the meeting I'll hang up and listen.

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1692498348924617098

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Triikan posted:

If I were LMG, I wouldn't unlist the billet labs video because that would look like I'm trying to sweep it under the rug

They've shown to have the ability to just inject new videos into already existing listings as a feature of YouTube. I wouldn't mind a disclaimer at the front/end of the video or something.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Basically everyone now needs to cycle through the same content on a continual basis at the same time like movie reaction youtubers. This is clearly the 'analytical' solution. jfc

Edit: Oh gently caress me. We have to accept LTT's incompetence, because if we don't, then the work environment will be even worse!

https://twitter.com/thisistechtoday/status/1693826887842251113?s=20
This may be one of the worst tweets I've ever seen.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The tonal whiplash is going to be real weird when the next LTT video comes out that was filmed two weeks ago.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Not exactly confidence inspiring to news dump a video at 7pm local time on a Friday just so you can do a podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

LGR drinking from the Techmoan coffee mug is the only youtube tech idiot combination you need.