Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Worldshatter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxGqGCtPxn4

Holy poo poo they actually just made the kind of video I wanted, I really hope this becomes a series

Anthony is one of the few, deeply knowledgeable tech people on his staff afaict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Former Human posted:

Does Linus have sweaty hands or what?

That and/or he's a nervous uncoordinated nerd

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

njsykora posted:

Someone in the GPU thread summed it up when they said everyone knew the card was a massive rip off and a bunch of people in the thread are still going to try and queue up for one.

A 3080Ti at retail is a better value than a 3080 at scalped prices.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Worldshatter posted:

Just noticed a lot of people going for it and getting rejected recently

Adds some functionality to your account, though the reason you're seeing it a lot more is that Twitter recently opened back up accepting verification requests

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Space Racist posted:

Considering most car infotainment systems have the performance of a 6-year-old budget Android tablet, it’s not a bad advertising approach.

Why does my infotainment need to have a Navi 23 GPU over a 6 year old budget Android tablet instead of a 2 year old budget Android tablet?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Comatoast posted:

Dudes get called every variation of racist and homophobic names that the sewers of the internet can come up with. It’s the internet. The gender is irrelevant. The internet is just toxic and was a mistake.

I've been called plenty of terrible poo poo on the internet but I've never had someone I've never met online stalk me, show up at my place of business, or repeatedly DM me dick pics

But yes gender is irrelevant online :allears:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

K8.0 posted:

It did have demos, and that's how you would generate videos back in the day from Quake based games. You record a demo, play it back with audio and record only that, then disable audio, use another command to tell the game to dump every demo playback frame to disk, play back the demo and wait for it to output them all. Then you'd use a program to convert the images into a video file, then merge that video with audio.

It also made it really easy to get highlight/plays of the week in competitive play. Everyone would just send the editor their demo files which would be much smaller than raw video and give the editor the frame ticks you'd like to submit for approval.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

cage-free egghead posted:

Looks like they're Rainbow sandals, not slippers. :q:

I only know because I wear the same things lol

I do wonder what the long play is going to be for Gigabyte after this because this should make people scrutinize everything they put out, not just power supplies.

Yeah, making me side eye my motherboard but I haven't had a single issue with a Gigabyte motherboard (my last 3). You'd have to pay me to touch an MSI or Asus board after the experiences I've had with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Having a CE degree can also mean you don't know poo poo about poo poo!

...don't ask me how I know

buffbus posted:

This but technical degrees in general. They are a foundation but there is a ton to learn afterwards.

The way I had CE degrees explained back when I was in school (2006) was that a Bachelor's is worthless because by the time you're finished what you learned is mostly out of date :shrug: