Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

I applied to Chapel13. Account name is Aurra, character name is Nafgar. Not quite sure which shows up to other players as I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

I just completed the campaign and quite like this game so far. It's definitely slower paced than other action RPGs but still feels good to play. I'd love to see content added that is balanced around group play since the game features what are essentially holy trinity builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Frustrated posted:

... a ton of balancing issues. The Assassin and Psycher are significantly stronger than the Crusader, and crit build is far and away the best build for every class.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I admittedly haven't tried any of the other classes, but a Crusader with a Heavy Bolter is a goddamn BEAST.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Frustrated posted:

crit build is far and away the best build for every class.

It was like this in Van Helsing too, but probably even moreso here.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Cobbsprite posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about. I admittedly haven't tried any of the other classes, but a Crusader with a Heavy Bolter is a goddamn BEAST.

Every class can play the game just fine. Psycher and Assassin can full clear impossible missions in under 5 minutes. I can do it in nine or ten on my crusader, but I'm super squishy and have no movement abilities to speed me through the map.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Wow, Psyker really is easy mode.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

McGavin posted:

Wow, Psyker really is easy mode.

Really? I figured it would have been hard mode. I went with the Crusader because I really love the theme of just walking directly into ambushes and shooting everything that looks at you funny.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cobbsprite posted:

Really? I figured it would have been hard mode. I went with the Crusader because I really love the theme of just walking directly into ambushes and shooting everything that looks at you funny.

At least early on, packs that might take you some vague tactical considerations as Assassin or Crusader, like cover or consumables to take on just get utterly erased by the Psyker's right click. I don't know if that holds up when you're rear end deep in CSMs but probably.

And you just freeze any boss for 30 seconds and use a better version of the lasgun click hold beam to erase them.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Cobbsprite posted:

Same. Just picked this up today.

IGN is same as my posting name. I just applied to Chapel13.

Got a plasma gun and it melts everything at range. If not, I found a chain sword and shield combo that devastates those stupid rebel engine drone clouds as well as meaty ogryns.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Applied to Chapel13. Same name.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Applied to Chapel13, same name also.

Too bad it looks like 20 is the max amount in a cabal, we may need to make another one.

I'm kinda bummed my crusader seems to be pretty weak compared to what I see assassins and psykers are doing, but getting another class through the long rear end tutorial where you get the medic and crafter dude is painful.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Danith posted:

Too bad it looks like 20 is the max amount in a cabal, we may need to make another one.

I'm kinda bummed my crusader seems to be pretty weak compared to what I see assassins and psykers are doing, but getting another class through the long rear end tutorial where you get the medic and crafter dude is painful.

There’s a cabal leveling system. Once we hit lol 2 we can unlock the ability to have 25 members.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
In as Exodontia.

I'm bad at this game and/or have the wrong weapon loadout as a crusader because I can barely kill dreadnaughts.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Suck-A-Sage posted:

In as Exodontia.

I'm bad at this game and/or have the wrong weapon loadout as a crusader because I can barely kill dreadnaughts.

No, you're just a Crusader. I started as a Crusader and failed repeatedly on the second mission where you have to defend someone from waves of enemies before I said "gently caress this" and rerolled as a Psyker. So far everything has been a breeze compared to the same missions as a Crusader.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

McGavin posted:

No, you're just a Crusader. I started as a Crusader and failed repeatedly on the second mission where you have to defend someone from waves of enemies before I said "gently caress this" and rerolled as a Psyker. So far everything has been a breeze compared to the same missions as a Crusader.

That mission was an absolute bastard as a Crusader, I can confirm.

Danith posted:

When we hit 18, I'm going to start kicking anyone who isn't confirmed goon. And we'll upgrade the cabal capacity first thing.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy
Applied as DrHam to Chapel13, digging this game so far.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Applied to Cabal13 as Soralapio.

UPU
Oct 20, 2010

Nyuck you say

Biscuit Hider
Applied to Chapel13 as UPU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On my Assault Crusader, I got my power level up to 552 today. Not sure what the cap is currently, looks like it maybe goes up to 1600+.

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit
I applied as Keeper075.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

holding out for the PS4 version, which is optimistically announced for July 5th(I doubt this is happening). I've been watching gameplay vids and stuff to pass the time(I never do this, I hate it but this one has me excited).

It reminds me a lot of the old Crusader No Remorse game but with loot drops and deeper meta-gameplay.

I'm hoping they'll have most of the roughness sorted by console release.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

coconono posted:

"Somehow, I doubt it," I say, as I fall through the level geometry once again. It's still fun though, despite the jank.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
This game is undercooked as hell but there's a fun game underneath all the bugs, broken features, and other assorted bullshit.

I'll apply to Chapel13, I'm "King Moron" in-game.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Game is legit ok but could have done with more polish, that said their roadmap and support for previous games had me backing this in beta
love the crusader but very tempted by the warp, saving all my purples for my alts for sure

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

McGavin posted:

Crusader is definitely slow to start, and near the end of the campaign you have to lower the difficulty a bit because you don't have the skills/perks to run reds yet, but it gets a bit better later. I'm 34 with the crit and physical trees filled out, the right half of the cooldown tree, and 3 points in the ranged tree. With the grav gun and missile armor I can clear impossible pretty easily at a decent pace (under 10 min). It's not face roll easy like the other classes, and I have dick for movement abilities which is the main reason I'm half the speed of a good assassin/psycher, but it's definitely viable.

I also believe the grav gun is the only good ranged option. Your main fire is armor piercing, your alt fire stuns armor and is off gcd, your 3rd ability is a channeled chain aoe that handles poo poo behind cover and packs of stuff, your fourth ability is an ticking aoe that has a good radius. The gun handles hordes and bosses pretty well. Throw in the missle armor with a pretty low cooldown thanks to crit -> cdr conversion, and you're in business.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I submitted to the Chapel! The game is fun, I had to pick Crusader though because he's obviously the coolest. :aaa:
The wave mission wasn't very difficult, as long as you use your deployables that you're given.

Danith
May 20, 2006

TheKeeper posted:

I applied as Keeper075.

I accepted your application. We are currently capped now at 20 :(

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Danith posted:

Awww. :whitewater:

If you happen to purge the heret.....ehm....the non goon members, please accept my just-applied submission. Ingame name is Meat Magician.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Danith posted:

I'm in as Exmond.

How close are we to ranking up? Is that what those cabal directives do?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Exmond posted:

I'm in as Exmond.

How close are we to ranking up? Is that what those cabal directives do?

Yeah, I think that's what cabal directives do.

You can go ahead and start culling people who aren't goons. If they haven't been upgraded past the starting level and aren't named in here, they aren't confirmed goons. Show the heretics no mercy!

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I applied (same name) for when there's an opening.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Cobbsprite posted:

Yeah, I think that's what cabal directives do.

You can go ahead and start culling people who aren't goons. If they haven't been upgraded past the starting level and aren't named in here, they aren't confirmed goons. Show the heretics no mercy!

The cabal directives are the missions for cabal xp. Pretty sure they are weekly which is why most people go for that extra mission and capacity upgrade first. Cabals get xp per player so cabals that are filled get more xp.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I'm out out Blessed Metal now, but we completed the cabal directive and advanced to level 2. I think leadPrism needs to pick the node that gives +5 members though, it doesn't do anything when I tell it to research it.

edit: Also we should pick a discord (SA general discord or the overchill server imo) so we can chat about this game

Danith fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 14, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

coconono posted:

holding out for the PS4 version, which is optimistically announced for July 5th(I doubt this is happening). I've been watching gameplay vids and stuff to pass the time(I never do this, I hate it but this one has me excited).

It reminds me a lot of the old Crusader No Remorse game but with loot drops and deeper meta-gameplay.

Same. i have a good PC but i liked diablos 3 and van helsings reaction time on a controller(yeah i know i could install one on my pc but gently caress it) i am gonna go melee crusade with some guns.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

This game is undercooked as hell but there's a fun game underneath all the bugs, broken features, and other assorted bullshit.

I'll apply to Chapel13, I'm "King Moron" in-game.

i am sure they will patch it all up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Same. i have a good PC but i liked diablos 3 and van helsings reaction time on a controller(yeah i know i could install one on my pc but gently caress it) i am gonna go melee crusade with some guns.

i am sure they will patch it all up.

I wanna try a ranged Crusader build. Drag a bunch of dudes into a narrow space and go all 40k on their asses. Def first pick to get into the game and see how all the mechanics feel. He's also the stereotypical Inquisitor type which is iconic 40k.

The Psyker build looks cool as gently caress too. They got the perils of the warp right! You should be able to melt off faces but always at the greatest of personal risk. Both Horus Heresy and 40k lore stress very heavily that Psykers are inherently dangerous to themselves and others.

I dunno how I feel about the Assassin. I like the voice but the sniping gameplay looks like tons of bullshit. The melee build gives me vibes of Diablo 3 gameplay with all the dashing and slashing. By the time I get to it, they'll probably do a class overhaul or something.

The devs seem like they want to do the right thing but their money situation is perilous(not a scoop just a guess).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

coconono posted:

I wanna try a ranged Crusader build. Drag a bunch of dudes into a narrow space and go all 40k on their asses. Def first pick to get into the game and see how all the mechanics feel. He's also the stereotypical Inquisitor type which is iconic 40k.

The Psyker build looks cool as gently caress too. They got the perils of the warp right! You should be able to melt off faces but always at the greatest of personal risk. Both Horus Heresy and 40k lore stress very heavily that Psykers are inherently dangerous to themselves and others.

I dunno how I feel about the Assassin. I like the voice but the sniping gameplay looks like tons of bullshit. The melee build gives me vibes of Diablo 3 gameplay with all the dashing and slashing. By the time I get to it, they'll probably do a class overhaul or something.

The devs seem like they want to do the right thing but their money situation is perilous(not a scoop just a guess).

apparently if you overheat you psyker ablities you can accidently open warp rifts and other poo poo. i got some amazon gift cards for graduation and am using that.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I'm kind of confused on the appropriate time to start doing MP missions. Should you complete the campaign before jumping into MP? or does it not matter. I've done a couple but they're pretty difficult at level 4!

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Goodchild posted:

I'm kind of confused on the appropriate time to start doing MP missions. Should you complete the campaign before jumping into MP? or does it not matter. I've done a couple but they're pretty difficult at level 4!

There's really no reason to ever do co-op missions unless you want to do something more social and relaxed.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Dapper_Swindler posted:

apparently if you overheat you psyker ablities you can accidently open warp rifts and other poo poo. i got some amazon gift cards for graduation and am using that.

Man, I just get stupid demons when I overheat. I wish I got some gift cards instead.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Any more room in the Goon Cabal? I tried doing one solo and it would take years to get anywhere with guild levels. In game is Turk like here on the forums.

Figured out I could apply once I disbanded my Solo Cabal. I do like how you can change the name at any time. And it allows curse words. Hahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Danith posted:

I'm out out Blessed Metal now, but we completed the cabal directive and advanced to level 2. I think leadPrism needs to pick the node that gives +5 members though, it doesn't do anything when I tell it to research it.

edit: Also we should pick a discord (SA general discord or the overchill server imo) so we can chat about this game

Nice, thanks for getting us to level 2!