Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

coconono posted:

If it drops like planned, I'd expect a hugeass 0 day patch. I seriously doubt it since I heard some chatter that Xbox's store was refunding pre-orders.

People are already freaking out on the official forums about console players not getting season 1 rewards or whatever. This is why I never pay this much attention to games.

its from a (relatively) small dev that has to push the console stuff out to a even smaller dev with a meh publisher. the game at best is AA. If it gets pushed back again, i may cancel and either buy it later or just buy the PC edition. I can put my gift card toward another game. Amazon and gamestop and bestbuy could give less of a poo poo about release dates of these type of games.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Thronde posted:

Heavy Bolters are stupid. Stupid fun. I felt like a bully last night playing with Kink and Cow. I recall one comment about me bullying a chaos marine through cover like it didn't matter.

They need to fix that sound issue though.

3 to 4 rooms away, all I hear is BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

Tbf cover is wonky for players too, I still haven't gotten used to cover only sometimes counting as a LOS blocker for ranged enemies or the consistent ability for enemies to shoot through solid objects once they get a bead on you. Game's still good and grindy fun despite this!

The explosive bolt explosion is so big that it just damages things through cover. Cover is just real wonky in general though. It doesn’t have enough hp to be worth using cause enemies tear through the biggest cover in seconds and you don’t deal enough to make it worth attacking. Especially not when so many weapons and abilities hit through cover.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

ColdIronsBound posted:

Co-op missions, rewards are mostly 2-4 iLevels lower than what I have, is this normal? They also only give 1/5th a rank as opposed to solo campaign missions giving 1/2 or more.

It's as if the game is focused around solo play. I'm only rank 18 but it feels like I should be encouraged towards playing with other people. At the moment though all I'm seeing is bad rewards.

Edit: Also this wouldn't be as bad an issue but the game has big jumps in expected power levels between campaign missions, forcing a grind at already a few points in the story.

The game is basically designed for you to play solo till you finish the campaign and then group (if you want) to run random missions after. I don't know if they underestimated how many people like playing these games coop, or if they're just awful at coding and couldn't make it work, because the story being single player only is really poorly thought out.

The big jumps in power levels are fine. In this game just realize that a mission being orange or even red won't stop you from completing it. Your gear doesn't actually increase in power it just gets a a new number next to it. -40% damage often isn't a huge deal unless you're already struggling with missions.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Coop in the campaign was in but they removed it for story purposes like a bunch of retards.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Glenn Quebec posted:

Coop in the campaign was in but they removed it for story purposes like a bunch of retards.

Come on now, that's in insult to the mentally handicapped.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so apperently they said that the console release is getting pushed back and would announce the date "soon". If I weren’t so looking forward to playing this game, I would find the lack of imformation and the way this has been handled by all involved hilarious!

We are talking about multi million pound/euro/dollar business here! Who the hell is making the decisions eight year olds? 3 days before the release (that had already been pushed back multiple times) still no announcement and rumour and confusion running rampant.

Others have mentioned it, but it smacks of a cancelled project and companies involved scambeling to plan how to deal with the fallout and inevitable refunds.

If it is a delay I reckon it’ll be at least 2 months. If it’s any more than this then I’m done.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Latest on the Console info:
https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/inquisitor-martyr-new-console-release-date-1

quote:

Inquisitors!

We have a new release date for the console editions of Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr. The new date for PS4 and Xbox One is

August 23, 2018.

First of all, sorry for not confirming this earlier, but this decision involves multiple parties and complex problems that needed to be sorted out first. The reasons for the delay are a bit easier to explain:

Finding a solution for access restrictions in certain countries where networks are subjected to stricter surveillance
More work on online functionalities in the persistent world, and general polish

We're working hard on making the game properly functional and polished on both consoles, in all countries. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please know that we're really eager to see Inquisitor - Martyr becoming the multiplatform title it is meant to be. It takes work, but it will be worth it.

Chaos never sleeps, but still, you know... the Emperor protects. See you soon in the Caligari Sector!

August 23rd(supposedly). I already cancelled my preorder, since the bonuses looked kinda lame(you get a skull!) so I'll grab it once it actually hits store shelves.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so apperently they said that the console release is getting pushed back and would announce the date "soon". If I weren’t so looking forward to playing this game, I would find the lack of imformation and the way this has been handled by all involved hilarious!

We are talking about multi million pound/euro/dollar business here! Who the hell is making the decisions eight year olds? 3 days before the release (that had already been pushed back multiple times) still no announcement and rumour and confusion running rampant.

Others have mentioned it, but it smacks of a cancelled project and companies involved scambeling to plan how to deal with the fallout and inevitable refunds.

If it is a delay I reckon it’ll be at least 2 months. If it’s any more than this then I’m done.

The PC release is a clear indication of just how uncooked this is my man, I’m kind of hoping it does get canned on consoles at this point

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Killer_Bees! posted:

The PC release is a clear indication of just how uncooked this is my man, I’m kind of hoping it does get canned on consoles at this point

oh yeah. this is much better stuff but its sad. i just want a good warhammer game. i am surprised no one like obsidian didn't pick it up yet.

edit.

quote:

Hi everyone,
We're very sorry to announce that the consoles release of Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr has been pushed back to August 23rd.

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr is an action-RPG with a strong focus on a persistent online world. The development of certain multiplayer functionalities needs more time than predicted to ensure that they grant the best gameplay experience on consoles. Furthermore, access restrictions have appeared in countries where networks are subjected to stricter surveillance. Delaying the release of the game will allow these technical problems to be resolved and it guarantees that players all over the world will enjoy the best multiplayer experience possible.

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr will be released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 23rd. The new release date for North America and Latin America will be confirmed later.

what a shitshow.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 2, 2018

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
"...countries where networks are subject to stricter surveillance"

They can't come outright and say it, but they mean China. China hosed them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cobbsprite posted:

"...countries where networks are subject to stricter surveillance"

They can't come outright and say it, but they mean China. China hosed them.

stupid question but is warhammer 40k popular in china. I know the chinese gaming communities is big into MOBA stuff apparently. so idk.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

stupid question but is warhammer 40k popular in china. I know the chinese gaming communities is big into MOBA stuff apparently. so idk.

Games Workshop has a store in Shanghai. I don't regularly follow the hobby news, but I remember seeing blurbs about chinese events and stuff.

Reading between the lines, it sounds console devs saw the state of the game and started asking for more time or a better deliverable. Some of the AoE powers I've seen dont look like they'd translate well in a twin stick config.

coconono fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 3, 2018

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Hey guys, I'm not the leader of the cabal so he may have a different opinion but I think we're going to start kicking inactive people. There are a handful that haven't been on in 15+ days and it would be nice to get people in who were on to contribute to the cabal experience. So I guess log in if you don't want to be kicked

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
If there is a purge, I'll likely be applying. My cabal of 3 hasn't been on in a week so I'd like to actually say with people who play as well.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
There's a handful of good ideas in this, but the game's an absolute mess atm. I hope it gets some much needed post release support.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Danith posted:

Hey guys, I'm not the leader of the cabal so he may have a different opinion but I think we're going to start kicking inactive people. There are a handful that haven't been on in 15+ days and it would be nice to get people in who were on to contribute to the cabal experience. So I guess log in if you don't want to be kicked

It'd be nice if there was actually anything to do or a reason to log in once you finish the story.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MoreLikeTen posted:

There's a handful of good ideas in this, but the game's an absolute mess atm. I hope it gets some much needed post release support.

It's had 5 updates since release. I hope the game continues to get better cause I really like it.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
War zone is out .... hope you like increasingly difficult purge missions for eternity with no credits, no fate, the same 3 maps always, nerfs to lots of builds and only a couple of pieces of loot at the end of the mission that are trash until you get to the highest tier difficulty

Oh wait that sounds horrible and nothing like a good feedback loop at all .... thanks for your money and pre order on consoles today!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's pretty garbage from all accounts. Seems they're taking a page from Blizzard and making a bad game first to improve upon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This update is a step backwards though, at least Diablo 3 continued to move forward. :( I really believe in this game and want to see it get better. It's frustrating to see the developers slip up like this.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

I said come in! posted:

This update is a step backwards though, at least Diablo 3 continued to move forward. :( I really believe in this game and want to see it get better. It's frustrating to see the developers slip up like this.

Same, its got a good game buried under a increasing amount of really disconnected lovely decisions. I try to imagine the kind of dev team that green lights poo poo like endless purge missions with no proper reward loop or engagement and its not pretty. Those sort of personalities usually have to leave before things get better.

"Originally posted by ✪ megapull:
Warzone time limit will be increased to 15 minutes in the next update.
Players will also receive Rank XP, Credits, and monsters will drop loot as well."

Wow the feedback must have been savage to get a response like this in 24hours

Killer_Bees! fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 6, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Killer_Bees! posted:

War zone is out .... hope you like increasingly difficult purge missions for eternity with no credits, no fate, the same 3 maps always, nerfs to lots of builds and only a couple of pieces of loot at the end of the mission that are trash until you get to the highest tier difficulty

Oh wait that sounds horrible and nothing like a good feedback loop at all .... thanks for your money and pre order on consoles today!

so it seems.

I said come in! posted:

I am kinda glad they keep punting the game back more for console. maybe it won't be a complete shitshow for it then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Decided to play some tonight, its been a few updates since I last played. On the plus side the performance is waaaaaaaaaay better. Frame rate is a solid 60fps for me now with no slow down. So the devs have done a fantastic job with optimization.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The roadmap got updated again https://neocoregames.com/en/roadmap Tier III / Season 2 will begin development right after Tier II / Season 1 is released which is supposedly happening very soon. Season 2 will introduce a new faction to fight, and another level cap increase.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I said come in! posted:

The roadmap got updated again https://neocoregames.com/en/roadmap Tier III / Season 2 will begin development right after Tier II / Season 1 is released which is supposedly happening very soon. Season 2 will introduce a new faction to fight, and another level cap increase.

Have they fixed all the stupid broken bullshit yet? Spending time and effort creating a build only to find out that a bunch of key talents or gear affixes straight up didn't work completely killed my interest in the game.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Have they fixed all the stupid broken bullshit yet? Spending time and effort creating a build only to find out that a bunch of key talents or gear affixes straight up didn't work completely killed my interest in the game.

It’s exactly the same road map that was previously released but with fancy new page! And no everything is still broken, war zones are an unmitigated disaster and the devs seem determined to crash this plan with no survivors :bang:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dunno, I don't feel like that is true. A lot of stuff has been fixed and gotten better. They are a pretty small team who is trying their best. As far as kickstarter scams go, this is on the super low end of incompetence. Still enjoying Inquisitor a lot even with the limited amount of time I have had to play it lately. Plus this is a Warhammer 40,000 game, so I just feel like it gets extra handwave / dismissal points for bad gameplay because everyone should come to expect that from a WH40K title.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I dunno, I don't feel like that is true. A lot of stuff has been fixed and gotten better. They are a pretty small team who is trying their best. As far as kickstarter scams go, this is on the super low end of incompetence. Still enjoying Inquisitor a lot even with the limited amount of time I have had to play it lately. Plus this is a Warhammer 40,000 game, so I just feel like it gets extra handwave / dismissal points for bad gameplay because everyone should come to expect that from a WH40K title.

The team being small or trying hard doesn't make the game work any better (or make my graphics card not overheat for some reason when I try to play).

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The team being small or trying hard doesn't make the game work any better (or make my graphics card not overheat for some reason when I try to play).

The $50 price tag also means do your job properly for the price point or don’t charge premium prices. This is a $20 game at best currently and even then I would wait for a sale.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Killer_Bees! posted:

The $50 price tag also means do your job properly for the price point or don’t charge premium prices. This is a $20 game at best currently and even then I would wait for a sale.

This tbh. I'm waiting for the next major content push and fixes. Then basically neutering ranged Saders in WZ killed my interest. If I wanted to play melee weapons nonstop I have POE or Diablo 3 or Grim Dawn.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Season 1 is now live.

New Features

New Inquisitorial Rank Cap: 70
New Item Level Cap: 60
Adjusted PR rating and greatly increased XP rewards of campaign maps
Adjustment from (200+PR)*2 to (200+PR)*3
Adjusted PR rating and greatly increased XP rewards of random maps
Adjustment from (500+PR/2)*Difficulty to (500+PR)*Difficulty
The Triglav Subsector is now open for Inquisitors! Players need to talk to Ragna on the Command bridge to start the Investigation that allows entry.
Minimum Mission Power Rating: 1100
New Enemy Faction: Drukhari Dark Eldar
New Investigations available
6 difficulty settings for Campaign Missions available
New Perks available (Rank-based)
5 New Tarot Cards available, unlockable by System Influence
Fixed Bugs

Fixed a bug with Modify where the PR of characters remained unchanged serverside
Fixed a bug where switching from the appearance panel, items were grayed out
Nurgle banners now disappear when their summoner is killed
Fixed a bug where Security Doors were untargetable via controller
Fixed the Survival Doctrine Warzone Skill
Fixed an unknown clue in Chapter 4 - Uther's Tomb (not retroactive)
Fixed a bug with Modify where the enchant rows were shifted
Fixed the tooltip of There is Only War
Fixed the icon and tooltip of the Deflector buff
Fixed the tooltip of No Remorse
Controller bugfixes on the crafting pages
Fixed an exploit with the Tithe Collector Heroic Deed (it counted Credits received by mail)
Fixed the Adaptive Disposition Heroic Deed
Fixed the Custodian of the Lore Heroic Deed
Fixed the Psychic Might Heroic Deed
Fixed the Ultimate Focus Heroic Deed
Fixed the Champion of the Emperor Heroic Deed
Fixed buff display for Evasive Bionics
Fixed buff display for Red Thirst
Empyrean Armor's duration is now properly depleted by channeled skills
Extermination beams now follow enemies
Fixed display for the "Hits Deal a Toxin Mark" effect
Fixed a typo in the "AoE damage on Kill" enchant - AoE occurs on kill, not on hit as the tooltip stated
Fixed Concussive Trauma mechanism and added display for it under the enemy HP bar
Numerous map fixes
Localization fixes
Co-Op

Fixed Warzone Hazards not working
Fixed a bug where insta-killed enemies became invisible instead of dying in the Warzone
Fixed a bug where displayed PR occassionally showed other party members' PR
Players can now only accept missions if everyone is eligible
Fixed displayed HP values
Balance

Fusion has been changed: A fresh Relic item will now show 0% in the Fusion panel, unlocking its first new enchant at 50% and the second one at 100% Fusion level. The maximum Power Rating of a relic item will be based on item level, e.g. a level 30 Relic will have a lower PR than a level 40 one.
Tarot has been changed: Spawning a Tarot mission will now instantly begin the mission instead of spawning it somewhere on the Starmap, allowing for a larger variety of Tarot missions.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Well the next content update with Dark Eldar is here. They made levelling a lot easier but raised the max cap. Lots of bug fixes. A good update except for the fact that they ruined Relics for no reason.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Still worth waiting for a sale?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
By co-op do they mean story missions are co-op again? Because that'd be a purchase for me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

By co-op do they mean story missions are co-op again? Because that'd be a purchase for me.

i believe so. also console has couch co-op.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
What's the opinion after the latest round of patches? Sale worth it?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Rockopolis posted:

What's the opinion after the latest round of patches? Sale worth it?
I'm wondering this too. It's either this or jump back into Path of Exile for whatever the latest season is.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Zephro posted:

I'm wondering this too. It's either this or jump back into Path of Exile for whatever the latest season is.
Well, only relevant for like, 3 more hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

And it's no longer relevant.