Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I found the game easy to the point of not playing. The charge up mechanic to use higher powered weaponry was tedious after a while too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Just played it through. I had a really good time with it, but I do think I started in a really powerful groove and then rode it all the way to the end. I was taking the most difficult missions available every time after about the fifth one, and I kept it on point. I'm open to jabbering about it at length, if folks want. There's no dedicated thread for Mechanicus in here, iirc.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
There is a Mechanicus thread here.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Oh thanks, somehow I missed it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I'm at level 14 for a heavy weapons Crusader. I die a lot, but boy blowing away psykers and chaos marines is a blast.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oh yeah, this thread.

I’m actually playing this again recently and if google searching is correct the world event that’s happening now shouldn’t actually be happening now? All the dates are wrong and no progress can be made.

Edit: Oh, guess they disabled it sometime today. It’s gone.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 26, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I still fire this up on ps4 occasionally. It’s not as loot heavy as I’d like and the gaps between content is needlessly grindy. But the in game violence is satisfying.

I finished the base story content and found myself having to do about 10-20 hours of investigations and tarot missions to get to the seasonal stuff. Then there’s more gaps to get good poo poo in between missions.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I've just acquired a really good plasma gun and a nice set of Demolition armor. This kind of long-range murder is what I bought the game for.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Got this because it was on sale and they mentioned a 2.0 patch release, if anyone else is playing I'll join their group. It's pretty mindless fun early game, though I am playing a 2-H so that's to be expected.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Chakan posted:

Got this because it was on sale and they mentioned a 2.0 patch release, if anyone else is playing I'll join their group. It's pretty mindless fun early game, though I am playing a 2-H so that's to be expected.

I'll probably give it another shot to see the DLC campaign and the 2.0 changes. There's a fun game buried very deep under the gigantic mess.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It’s heavy on the grind at spots. I ran all the normal quests for all three classes with too much side content but still ended up too underpowered to jump right into the season content.

Armor piercing builds aren’t that great either. If I focus more on armor destroying stuff, things die quicker.

Other than that it’s a fun murder game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I should try it again with the new patch. I got to a point where I was getting wrecked on every mission, and I couldn't figure out why.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Picked it up on sale. Is there still a goon cabal?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Rockopolis posted:

Is there still a goon cabal?

Good question !

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

mllaneza posted:

Good question !

There is, but it hasn't been really active in a while. The bonuses are still active, though. I'm reinstalling so I can add you in.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

What's everyone's take on 2.0? Changes like making the campaign coop again and equipment are welcome but the faster animations seem pretty goofy to me.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I thought 2.0 wasn't out till next week?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What I am really waiting for before playing again is the Prophecy expansion pack. This adds a new campaign and new class based on the Adapetus Mechanicus faction, which is my primary faction I play and paint with in the table top game. :black101:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I said come in! posted:

What I am really waiting for before playing again is the Prophecy expansion pack. This adds a new campaign and new class based on the Adapetus Mechanicus faction, which is my primary faction I play and paint with in the table top game. :black101:

Yeah I saw that. I haven’t checked to see what the gimmick is with the mechanicus class. But stompy moody robot grandads sounds fun enough.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

It's a summon/pet class.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Cobbsprite posted:

There is, but it hasn't been really active in a while. The bonuses are still active, though. I'm reinstalling so I can add you in.

What's the name of the cabal? I saw the name posted earlier in the thread, but can't find it in-game.

I'm kinda just going through the story as I watch YT videos to chill out & this game does that well, I haven't bothered to look at the 2.0 stuff yet because I'm sure most of it won't make sense to me till I've played more.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1042800/Warhammer_40000_Inquisitor__Prophecy/

Prophecy goes live tomorrow!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If I was going to play Martyr again I’d probably start over but have they said how this patch will affect already created characters?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kibayasu posted:

If I was going to play Martyr again I’d probably start over but have they said how this patch will affect already created characters?

From the Steam page.

quote:

IMPORTANT: for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr players: Existing characters, their items and their progress are carried over to the expansion, adjusted to the new 2.0 rules and mechanics. Owners of both Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy won't require separate clients to run the game and the expansion.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
With few hours left before release, the Devs shokingly postponed patch 2.0 to June 20 and prophecy expansion to July 30.

lol, Neocore never changes. :downsbravo:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao whoops! I woke up excited this morning to get the expansion and then noticed the release date has changed to two months. :v:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ahaha, I was ready to jump back into this game and then a last minute 2 month delay.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Knightsoul posted:

With few hours left before release, the Devs shokingly postponed patch 2.0 to June 20 and prophecy expansion to July 30.

lol, Neocore never changes. :downsbravo:

Incredible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In better news, Warhammer ChaosBane comes out next week :v: https://store.steampowered.com/app/774241/Warhammer_Chaosbane/

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

In better news, Warhammer ChaosBane comes out next week :v: https://store.steampowered.com/app/774241/Warhammer_Chaosbane/

That’s pretty pricey for an ARPG that isn’t Diablo and that I haven’t heard of. Are there good rumblings about it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

That’s pretty pricey for an ARPG that isn’t Diablo and that I haven’t heard of. Are there good rumblings about it?

No idea! I'm going to blindly buy it and see how it goes. :v:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

warhammer_fans.txt

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Poorly. It's going to go poorly. I'm doing the same though.

Mechanicus was a pleasant surprise. Maybe this will be too. :unsmith:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
There's enough gameplay footage of Chaosbane to tell exactly what it is. It's a low budget Diablo 3 clone. Completely standard generic Diablo-like. Because it doesn't aim for anything special it's probably going to do what it sets out to do fairly well with a decent amount of polish. But jesus it just looks so incredibly bland. It's basically the Diablo 3 equivalent of Transmorphers.

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Don't get Chaosbane, I cancelled my preorder after playing the betas. It's pretty loving dire. Virtually no information about it other than the betas, although there is a video coming this week about endgame. Developers are French so I guess the language barrier is why it's so quiet.

Itemization was really bad in the beta, not interesting at all and not even different weapon types for characters or anything. If you play the ranger, hope you like daggers and bows. Dwarf, hope you like axes.

It got pretty samey in the short time I played beta. Act I boss was fun, but ehhhh....

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Popete posted:

warhammer_fans.txt

:v:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Super hype I convinced a friend to get this so we can coop the campaign together

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did co-op ever even end up working?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

I said come in! posted:

We'll find out on June 20th I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I said come in! posted:

You could play the farm missions / non story content co-op but the campaign is not playable co-op until this patch and expansion release.