Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

spudsbuckley posted:

Most of MS franchises are "oh, that's already been released?" or "I thought that they were at Gears 6 already".

They are a multi-billion dollar games company with exclusives that have about as much impact as a Chinese F2P Steam game.

They still think that they're winning, and that exclusives don't matter cause Sony can't compete with them. THerefore, third party games just default to Xbone games.

Remember, 10 years ago, stealing DMC4 from Sony was considered a crippling blow. People predicted that after E3 2008, Sony were well and truly done for. Microsoft are still in that headspace, and its clearly killing them.

THey're only starting NOW to grow talent. Its insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone said "The time has come and so have I" yet?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

They still think that they're winning, and that exclusives don't matter cause Sony can't compete with them. THerefore, third party games just default to Xbone games.

Remember, 10 years ago, stealing DMC4 from Sony was considered a crippling blow. People predicted that after E3 2008, Sony were well and truly done for. Microsoft are still in that headspace, and its clearly killing them.

THey're only starting NOW to grow talent. Its insane.

Sony also dug themselves out of it by the console redesign and price drops, the introduction of PS+, and churning out exclusive content like TLOU, Infamous, Uncharted, etc. while Microsoft went off to do Kinect bullshit. That’s how Sony got my business back. I was hoping Microsoft would have learned from seeing that.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

You're getting pretty angry about games, man.
You okay?
Show us on the doll where the Xbox touched you.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Spring Break My Heart posted:

the way they presented gears tactics made it seem like such a throwaway announcement.

I genuinely thought the guy was talking about Funko Gears so I ignored every single thing he said :lol:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
So, what's the consensus on Microsoft's conference?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Showed off Just Cause 4 and Cyberpunk 2077, so it was A-OK in my book.

Except for that Forza demo.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Showed some good games, too bad about the strange pathetic flailings of the slowly dying microsoft xbox division

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Folt The Bolt posted:

Lots of cool games that you can play on PS4 or PC.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Folt The Bolt posted:

If you own an Xbox it was very good because they featured many good look games from a variety of genders. If you are into console warrior nonsense it was bad because many of the best looking games were multiplat.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Folt The Bolt posted:

As a means to get me to buy an xbox: A total failure
As a conference showing off a ton of sweet looking games one after the other: a success!

They showed a ton of good games and that's all I really care about. They probably didn't need to spend an hour showing off Forza and Xbox Anthem

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fly with me posted:

Wait, where was Minecraft?

I'm honestly surprised they had nothing to show from it.

Minecraft is unbelievably stagnant. The random jabronis that Notch picked to take over after he absconded with millions don't know how to do game development.

Minecraft is never changing or doing anything significantly new.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Kins posted:

I think they're letting folks go up and play stuff on them.

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1005946271675215873

Whether you like anime or not, you have to admit

A game where Goku can punch Luffy and Naruto is going to sell ten gajillion copies

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i want ninja souls and i want it now.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Combat Pretzel posted:

Except for that Forza demo.

forza looks cool imo

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

an actual dog posted:

forza looks cool imo
Game itself wasn't the issue. Those fake players however.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

They're saving Minecraft for the Smash reveal ya ding dongs

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

an actual dog posted:

forza looks cool imo

Forza looks good, but I'd bet a bit nervous about with how DLC and microtransactions are handled in Forza Horizon 3. They are relentless in pushing it at the player and it is tiring in game. They do these Forzathon discounts every week or so where a car has its price cut ingame, but surprise that car is one of the many DLC packs, so its asks for real money. Apparently the last Forza Motorsports was rough on that as well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

an actual dog posted:

forza looks cool imo

England is boring but the game overall looks good

Combat Pretzel posted:

Game itself wasn't the issue. Those fake players however.

E3 loves its "gamer actors" and they're so loving awkward.

Big news is though FH4 won't have "driveatars", its one big shared world. That's pretty cool.

Suck a dick The Crew 2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The new Forza just makes me miss Test Drive Unlimited.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Zaphod42 posted:

A game where Goku can punch Luffy and Naruto is going to sell ten gajillion copies

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

THat would probably be news to J-Star Victory Vs., a game you can buy right now, while you are sitting right there, that came out 3 years ago, that's basically the exact same game as this one. And that one had JoJo and Kenshiro.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/jstars-victory-vs-plus-ps4/

This is what I don't get, this isn't new, or something they never tried before. Its just getting advertisement now

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 11, 2018

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Pakled posted:

Lots of cool games that you can play on PS4 or PC.

ghostwritingduck posted:

If you own an Xbox it was very good because they featured many good look games from a variety of genders. If you are into console warrior nonsense it was bad because many of the best looking games were multiplat.

Macaluso posted:

As a means to get me to buy an xbox: A total failure
As a conference showing off a ton of sweet looking games one after the other: a success!

They showed a ton of good games and that's all I really care about. They probably didn't need to spend an hour showing off Forza and Xbox Anthem

Yeah, I guess that would be the case. Already have a PS4 (and my main console right now is the Switch) so no XBone for me.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Folt The Bolt posted:

Yeah, I guess that would be the case. Already have a PS4 (and my main console right now is the Switch) so no XBone for me.

How the hell does that work?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

THat would probably be news to J-Star Victory Vs., a game you can buy right now, while you are sitting right there, that came out 3 years ago, that's basically the exact same game as this one. And that one had JoJo and Kenshiro.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/jstars-victory-vs-plus-ps4/

This is what I don't get, this isn't new, or something they never tried before. Its just getting advertisement now

turns out people get excited about games when they're actually told they exist

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't think I'm ready for more Todd

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Brother Entropy posted:

turns out people get excited about games when they're actually told they exist

See also: Supersonic Rocket Powered Acrobatic Battle Cars, and its sequel, Rocket League.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

I play it more than PS4?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kurtofan posted:

I don't think I'm ready for more Todd

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's exhausting to look into the face of god. But we have no choice

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
No Todds No Masters

e: remasters

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

No Todds No Masters

e: remasters

not a bad fallout thread title i think

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
You fuckers are mental if that forza horizon 4 trailer didn't hype the poo poo out of you.

There is no game I am more pumped for.

I might well be a bit of an outlier , but Microsoft's strategy of rolling their Xbox division into a universal windows 10 service is perfect for me as a pc only nerd.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Simiain posted:

You fuckers are mental if that forza horizon 4 trailer didn't hype the poo poo out of you.

:chloe:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Simiain posted:

I might well be a bit of an outlier , but Microsoft's strategy of rolling their Xbox division into a universal windows 10 service is perfect for me as a pc only nerd.

Its less a strategy and more a white flag

FH4 looks okay but wow

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Simiain posted:

I would be more interested if I saw actual gameplay and not a fancy pre-rendered movie. Even the "actual gameplay" they showed was staged as gently caress.
That said, 60fps is a serious plus for any racing game, so I hope they can fully deliver on that.

All in all, Microsoft had a really good show, lots of variety and a few big announcements! It'll be hard to top.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Policenaut posted:

The new Forza just makes me miss Test Drive Unlimited.
Aside from lovely driving physics, TDU2 and Ibiza was pretty rad. The village sections felt pretty nice, probably because they were mirroring real world road geometry.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Simiain posted:

I am not going to buy it, I can't care less about car games. But I was watching a stream with commentators, and the commentators disabled the stream decoration to run it in full glory. And I did basically the same things. I think is glorious.

I still have zero interest in a car game, but at least look good even for people that don't like these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

an actual dog posted:

forza looks cool imo

I couldn't tell, were they just showing off multiplayer you can set up with your friends or can you just run into other people randomly like some kinda car MMO

because I've wanted the latter ever since EA killed off Motor City Online 15 years ago

Fulchrum posted:

it works by the switch having good and fun games that people want to play

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 11, 2018

• Locked thread