Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«300 »
Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

What functionally is the difference

Outside of the beginning and ending you can go almost anywhere in W3 and do all three sections of the main quest in any order and leave at any time and etc.

Mass Effect is like 90% main quest, unless you mean the crappy proc-gen planets in 1 or the handful of short side missions in 2 (never played 3)

Is it just that you don't like end credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Halloween Jack posted:

I'll say the same thing I say about Mass Effect and Witcher and every open world series I like: I want a game with no main quest.

Comedy Answer: that's every Bethsoft game since FO4!

Serious Answer: that's basically Kingdom Come, where you are just a worthless peasant who can maybe become a well-armed psychopath.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

[CENSORED]
(Content Violation)

I think it would just be more stories since they wouldn't have to use resources on one big one /shrug and can flesh out more smaller ones with detail etc, functionality wise nothing would be different.

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Rolling Thunder: War to the Knife, Knife to the Hilt

Why? , that's why.

The yakuza games are probably the finest example of having a lot of well-fleshed out content populating a dense open world and even they have really involved main storylines. Its just that they put a laser focus on smaller zones instead of bloating their playable map area.

«300 »