Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wait they're making a new matrix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

The Matrix: Remastered

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pik_d posted:

Oh, guess I misunderstood too. Do you have a specific example of this? Kinda curious because I guess when I watched them I just hand waved it away as "that's just game physics :shrug:"

will PM you shortly

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

gently caress SNEEP posted:

That rules but aren't they all old now?

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

doomisland posted:

Why would there be contracts requiring simultaneous launches?

because a game like cyberpunk will move consoles and/or computer parts. if you release on PlayStation even just a week before you do xbox, Microsoft might think that they'll lose console sales because of it

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

doingitwrong posted:

We’re talked in circles a lot about crunch. Today, YouTube decided that I should see our own ropekid propose fixes from within the industry. So I thought of this thread.

https://youtu.be/nHWvUmlzamo

Thank you for sharing this. Gave a lot of insight and helped fleshing out my patchy understanding of crunch and the state of the industry.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That rules but aren't they all old now?

How dare you!? Keanu Reeves is timeless.

Here he is, riding with his mom to the set.

In fairness, I think they can carry another Matrix just fine. It sucks that Laurence Fishburne is sitting this one out though. Hopefully it wasn't because his character was killed off in the Matrix MMO. That would be the worst reason to miss out on more Morpheus.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 29, 2020

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Donnerberg posted:

In fairness, I think they can carry another Matrix just fine. It sucks that Laurence Fishburne is sitting this one out though. Hopefully it wasn't because his character was killed off in the Matrix MMO. That would be the worst reason to miss out on more Morpheus.

I mean whether or not Morpheus was killed off shouldn't be the issue. The issue should be both Trinity and Neo died in the third movie!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

AirRaid posted:

I mean whether or not Morpheus was killed off shouldn't be the issue. The issue should be both Trinity and Neo died in the third movie!

Third movie non canon?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

AirRaid posted:

Well gently caress me, turns out I remember the plot of a video game I never played better than the two Matrix sequels.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
David mitchell wrote the matrix 4, and i dont know what to expect or how to deal with that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Chalks posted:

Third movie non canon?

They can go ahead and drop everything but the first move and I guess Animatrix from the canon.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

David mitchell wrote the matrix 4, and i dont know what to expect or how to deal with that.

It's gotten me more interested for sure. It'll either be an incoherent shitshow or an absolute masterpiece. Nothing in between.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Wait... this David Mitchell?

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

So get this
Hacking minigame, but you're literally hacking the network with your cyber katana

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

AirRaid posted:

The other one. Author who wrote Cloud Atlas and Sense8 and a bunch of mostly good books.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

AirRaid posted:

I was excited too but clicking on wikipedia links sent me to this person. Whoever it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Mitchell_(author)

Edit - Oh he wrote Cloud Atlas. Well okay then. I liked the book and the movie.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

AirRaid posted:

No, the other david mitchell who wrote cloud atlas, but id’d be equally confused if it was this david mitchell too.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Cloud Atlas was an excellent book and I am confused that it was somehow turned into a movie that I enjoyed. I remember reading it then thinking 'wow, this is a book that should never be turned into a movie'.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Never heard of the other guy or read anything of his but I am eternally disappointed.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I wonder how a David Mitchell (the comedian) Matrix would even look like.

itry fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 29, 2020

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

itry posted:

I wonder how would a David Mitchell (the comedian) Matrix would even look like.

Neo and trinity shoot up yet another skyscraper then turn and look at each other and ask “are we the baddies?”

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

itry posted:

“While we’re at it, there's a Matrix for a reason in this world. Energy, peace, growth. It’s not all a conspiracy to keep you in little boxes, alright? It’s only the miracle of human batteries that means you’re not lying in your own poo poo, dying at 43 with rotten teeth.”

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If I wanted to see a bunch of old people wearing leather I'd go to a Harley Davidson dealership.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

itry posted:

Exactly like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6cake3bwnY

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

One thing I'm unsure of... when they say that the next gen upgrade is due out next year does that mean that it will be a whole new game packaged for the Series X (etc) or just a download/update for existing customers?

And until then, playing on a Series X, will basically just be playing a smooth version of current gen release, is that right?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PriorMarcus posted:

One thing I'm unsure of... when they say that the next gen upgrade is due out next year does that mean that it will be a whole new game packaged for the Series X (etc) or just a download/update for existing customers?

And until then, playing on a Series X, will basically just be playing a smooth version of current gen release, is that right?

Well everything is smooth if you manually turn the details down.

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Eraflure posted:

So get this
Hacking minigame, but you're literally hacking the network with your cyber katana

If they copied the hacking from Shadowrun on Sega, from 25 years ago, and added this it would be the goat

itry
Aug 23, 2019

:discourse:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

gently caress SNEEP posted:

If it's not called The Matrix: Rebooted all is lost. I mean, it's RIGHT THERE!

AirRaid posted:

I think Neo coming back is fine since he died in the Matrix so who knows what computer wizardry could have kept him alive or brought him back, as long as he just stays in the Matrix. Trinity, on the other hand, was loving dead.

Trinity showing back up along with Keanu with a shaved head, implying somehow he goes back to the real world and Morpheus being back but recast with a much younger actor (????) makes me wish this wasn't happening.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I so intensely wish Matrix 4 was written by Mitchell and Webb. That would just be the greatest loving thing.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

itry posted:

Trinity as BMX Bandit, and Neo as Angel Summoner :colbert:

edit: also they boost their skills by drinking slightly less than 2 drinks

NumptyScrub fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Oct 29, 2020

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Sooo, who reckons it will actually come out this year?

I'm thinking yes (probably wonky on current gen) so as to not ruin holiday sales.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Tirranek posted:

Sooo, who reckons it will actually come out this year?

I'm thinking yes (probably wonky on current gen) so as to not ruin holiday sales.

They've already started blowing their load on advertising, so I'd bet on it coming out this year.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Seems unlikely to me that they'd be able to fix whatever the last hiccup was in only 3 weeks

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
think april 2021 so if really launches you will be happy instead of sad or angry when it gets delayed again

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

It's probably all hands on deck situation. It must suck having to chose how much you need to downgrade visuals and global settings to get into the safe zone wrt console hardware.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CDPR said yesterday they are not confident about a december 10 release.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

In my experience, "all hands on deck" usually means "Everyone's forced into the office to be miserable while the 1 or 2 people who can actually work on the problem do so"

Too many cooks and all that jazz.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pathos posted:

I so intensely wish Matrix 4 was written by Mitchell and Webb. That would just be the greatest loving thing.

Neo and Trinity look over the dozens of corpses they've left in their wake in the Matrix and turn to each other "Are we the baddies?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Horizon Burning posted:

because a game like cyberpunk will move consoles and/or computer parts. if you release on PlayStation even just a week before you do xbox, Microsoft might think that they'll lose console sales because of it

ok but what leverage would sony or microsoft have? withholding dev kits and other support? I assume cdpr did not take money from either company