Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Uh, the days when video games were sold in clear plastic baggies with floppies and printed manuals?

There's been releases ever since videogames were worth millions of dollars, which is like, a long time ago.

That was tuesday. Don't lie to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Communist Bear posted:

This game is going to be loving terrible isn't it? :cripes:

all terrible news about company processes and PR aside, I think there is a good chance that this games hype and expectations are far beyond what CDRP is able to deliver in 2020. Their track record already had tons of follow-up day1 day2 day3 patches that fixed some mandatory poo poo so Cyberpunk may easily join The Witcher 2 and 3 in that regard.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

haldolium posted:

all terrible news about company processes and PR aside, I think there is a good chance that this games hype and expectations are far beyond what CDRP is able to deliver in 2020. Their track record already had tons of follow-up day1 day2 day3 patches that fixed some mandatory poo poo so Cyberpunk may easily join The Witcher 2 and 3 in that regard.

Playing this game day 1 sounds like it's going to be an infinitely worse experience than waiting a few months, based on how tight they're pushing it. There's no way that they're not triaging bugs behind the scenes for the day 0 patch or "later".

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Yeah I've kind of set myself up for that. They've bit off more than they can chew again and I suspect it'll be 3 or months before the PC version becomes "stable", whether its performance or bugs.

I think it'll be good but day one release I think it's going to be horrible.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

CottonWolf posted:

Playing this game day 1 sounds like it's going to be an infinitely worse experience than waiting a few months, based on how tight they're pushing it. There's no way that they're not triaging bugs behind the scenes for the day 0 patch or "later".

I assume as much. I still don't hope for it, and I will boot it up as soon as it lands, but realistically I expect to run into a huge variety of issues. That said their delay kinda hinted on multiplatform issues so *maybe* it hits harder on the platform I'm not using.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I dunno, only a certain amount of people at the company are ones who can deal with console framerate issues (if all is as speculated) anyway. If you take them on their word (understandable if you don't, but it probably has more than 0 relation to reality) that eg the PC version is ready to release then it's possible it won't be coming in particularly hot except console performance wise.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

haldolium posted:

yeah but Witcher 2 and 3 were good games :shrug:

If you thought Witcher 3 was overrated you'll probably feel the same way about Cyberpunk but then I think you're probably expecting the impossible from a videogame

I liked W3 a lot and cyberpunk W3 with guns sounds loving :krad:

Based on all the gameplay trailers I've seen, I think the only way the game can be disappointing is if it ends up its like 2 hours long. Even if the shooting ends up feeling weak, the story and setting are potentially good enough to carry it. Its gonna be hard for this to be straight "awful". They've already shown way too much cool poo poo.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Zaphod42 posted:

If you thought Witcher 3 was overrated you'll probably feel the same way about Cyberpunk but then I think you're probably expecting the impossible from a videogame

Based on all the gameplay trailers I've seen, I think the only way the game can be disappointing is if it ends up its like 2 hours long. Even if the shooting ends up feeling weak, the story and setting are potentially good enough to carry it. Its gonna be hard for this to be straight "awful". They've already shown way too much cool poo poo.

This is how I feel. But I am secretly glad that I'm waiting for the next gen patch now, because it forces me to not play the (potentially) extremely buggy day 1 release.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

I honestly don't know. I love The Witcher series, but I'm also aware of it's shortcomings, and the still prevailing feel that it once was build based on the Bioware engine. And the latter especially doesn't make me very confident that they now make an FPSRPG with fluid and cool gameplay, which already seems pretty difficult for a lot of other companies with a larger track record.

I don't have as much doubts for the content of story and design though, so yeah it will be probably a cool game. I'm sceptical about the release readiness maybe, but I don't think it will be a lovely game or so.

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
To help with the wait CDPR let us record some hands on time with Cyberpunk 2077 at a certain famous game news site so here is a little teaser for our upcoming "deep dive" gameplay video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOBrn4-mOeo

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Zongerian posted:

To help with the wait CDPR let us record some hands on time with Cyberpunk 2077 at a certain famous game news site so here is a little teaser for our upcoming "deep dive" gameplay video

Framerate looks cyber as gently caress.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Zongerian posted:

Wow all those people who bought the 3080s are gonna be happy

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Night, rain, neon lights... I think that's basically all people wants of a game like this, good job!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

haldolium posted:

I honestly don't know. I love The Witcher series, but I'm also aware of it's shortcomings, and the still prevailing feel that it once was build based on the Bioware engine. And the latter especially doesn't make me very confident that they now make an FPSRPG with fluid and cool gameplay, which already seems pretty difficult for a lot of other companies with a larger track record.

I don't have as much doubts for the content of story and design though, so yeah it will be probably a cool game. I'm sceptical about the release readiness maybe, but I don't think it will be a lovely game or so.

FPS is waaaaay easier to design than third person action swordfighting combat, so IDK

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

Night, rain, neon lights... I think that's basically all people wants of a game like this, good job!

No joke, if you guys want something to hold you over till Cyberpunk releases, check out Cloudpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zhK7wSj5BM

They just added a cockpit driving mode that adds a whole lot to the immersion factor. Huge cyberpunk blade runner city for you to fly around in and do deliveries. Support an indie!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cloudpunk is ok. The city itself is really cool but you're basically paying for that, the story and gameplay are just excuses to look at it and I lost interest in it before the end. I can't completely disclaim it but very much a 'mom: we have cyberpunk at home' type experience

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

No joke, if you guys want something to hold you over till Cyberpunk releases

... I was being sarcastic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

... I was being sarcastic.

... yes beginning my post with "no joke" acknowledged that you were joking, but that I was making a serious response anyways, aware of this fact

itry
Aug 23, 2019

What a complete piece of poo poo.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Zongerian posted:

Gta vice city mod?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zaphod42 posted:

No joke, if you guys want something to hold you over till Cyberpunk releases, check out Cloudpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zhK7wSj5BM

They just added a cockpit driving mode that adds a whole lot to the immersion factor. Huge cyberpunk blade runner city for you to fly around in and do deliveries. Support an indie!

It’s on sale right now on Steam too, I believe. I got a wishlist notification about it earlier.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
wow the new trailer looks like some serious graphical downgrades to work on xb1 :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3mLXZh_AuU&t=6s

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

vandalism posted:

Gta vice city mod?

My guess was APB

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
cyberpunk will probably be fine, it was always going to be a deus ex with open world and let's be real all the DE games are pretty alright in terms of the gameplay itself

ymgve posted:

My guess was APB

same thing tho

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

Speaking of Judge Dredd and drugs, I wonder how prevalent and easy to use the slow-mo drug they mentioned is in this game. If possible I'd like to be like Max Payne and pop those every five minutes.

....is this going to be a thing????

IS THIS GONNA BE A GOD drat THING??????

I can reenact Judge Dredd and Yell "I AM THE LAW!!!" as I shoot bitches in the face?!?!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Communist Bear posted:

Yeah I've kind of set myself up for that. They've bit off more than they can chew again and I suspect it'll be 3 or months before the PC version becomes "stable", whether its performance or bugs.

I think it'll be good but day one release I think it's going to be horrible.

pretty much. i sorta suspect it will be more like witcher 2 structure than witcher 3 but who knows. i am still hyped but more curious than hyped now.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I can reenact Judge Dredd and Yell "I AM THE LAW!!!" as I shoot bitches in the face?!?!

i'm the drug dealer who gets tossed off the top of peach trees

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

CottonWolf posted:

This is why preordering games is massively stupid. Almost as stupid as getting emotionally invested in the marketing of a video game (this isn't aimed at you, just caught up on the entire thread and holy poo poo it's a doozy).

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

wow the new trailer looks like some serious graphical downgrades to work on xb1 :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3mLXZh_AuU&t=6s

I would really like a game where the graphics and art design was built around those 90s cutscenes just like all those pixel art sidescrolers.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Have they talked about how the map is gonna work? With the verticality described I can't imagine a world map with quest markers since so many will be on top of each, this one on the ground, this one on the third floor, etc.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Is what a thing exactly? Dredd didn't take drugs himself.

If you wanna roleplay as a militant fascist cop, you can probably do that, yeah, lol.

Or if you're just asking if there are gangs who do drugs you can shoot? Yes. Def.

Fun Times! posted:

Have they talked about how the map is gonna work? With the verticality described I can't imagine a world map with quest markers since so many will be on top of each, this one on the ground, this one on the third floor, etc.

I imagine its gonna be like Witcher/GTA where you have breadcrumbs or a big arrow or a line on a map showing you one direct way to get to your target.

However, they've said that there's multiple ways through the city and it pays to learn how it all interconnects, so there's probably shortcuts that the auto-path thing won't tell you about.

You also have the option of driving your car, walking, or using public transport (fast travel).

Those "influencers" who got to play the game for a few hours didn't seem to have any trouble figuring out where to go, nobody mentioned being lost or confused. And I heard somebody say they walked everywhere just because of all the cool things they ran into on the way that they wouldn't otherwise know about (including callouts for side-quests)

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 30, 2020

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Fun Times! posted:

We don't know much at this point but the devs have hinted that the map will be used to orient players within the gameworld to assist with navigation.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

ughhhh posted:

I would really like a game where the graphics and art design was built around those 90s cutscenes just like all those pixel art sidescrolers.

Unironic :smith: for the news that Bowie was down to do a sequel but they did Detroit instead or whatever...

Also, where is my I-War remake??? A billion dollars for star citizen but I can't get an I-War remake that looks better than the original cgi?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECfKL4oS-6w

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CottonWolf posted:

The degree to which the CDPR management are scum really is impressive.
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1321776461062295558?s=20

Careful friend. CDPR has Arasaka security on speed dial. You don't want Adam Smasher to Silverhand you.

If anything this is really getting into the spirit of true corporate dystopia I mean well run productive society.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Communist Bear posted:

This game is going to be loving terrible isn't it? :cripes:

It doesn't work like that. The Witcher 3 also had bad PR news around it, from intensive crunch, to tweets like the one I posted yesterday of artists being paid minimum wages. And the game was great.

I guess people tend to think like this because they wish there was a karmic relationships between companies and their games, as in 'bad company should end up doing bad games and being a good company should net you in good games at the end'.
Alas, we live in a dsytopia where this isn't the case.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

It doesn't work like that. The Witcher 3 also had bad PR news around it, from intensive crunch, to tweets like the one I posted yesterday of artists being paid minimum wages. And the game was great.

I guess people tend to think like this because they wish there was a karmic relationships between companies and their games, as in 'bad company should end up doing bad games and being a good company should net you in good games at the end'.
Alas, we live in a dsytopia where this isn't the case.

People tend to think that way because multiple high profile delays of a product and an outburst of negative PR generally indicate something is going wrong.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

wonder what the blood alcohol of this thread is right now because poo poo posting is on the rise

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Read thread from page 1. Take a shot every time someone posts "delay".

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Jeep posted:

People tend to think that way because multiple high profile delays of a product and an outburst of negative PR generally indicate something is going wrong.

It doesn't usually though. Games are almost always delayed, good or bad. It's just part of the process because they too complex to plan with perfect accuracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Everyone will immediately forget every bad thing once the game is out and the dopamine starts flowing