Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Looks like we'll get some in-game footage later at E3:

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/1005936522602991616

Someone somewhere else suggested the featured characters in the trailer might be class variations for the main character - since they look so similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Your Computer posted:

apparently there'll be a character creator. They've at least said you will "create your own character" so hopefully that means appearance too and not just skill progression

Bland protagonist man at the beginning of the trailer is wearing the exact same jacket as this lady, so I'm assuming that means you can.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I would just take it that create your character means what is says since the cyberpunk brand is all about doing that, much like any other pen and paper rpg. This IP isn't like the Witcher where there is a core protagonist, so I wouldn't expect that from the game.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

VirtualStranger posted:

Bland protagonist man at the beginning of the trailer is wearing the exact same jacket as this lady, so I'm assuming that means you can.

Isn't it a gang jacket?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I really hope Ciri pops in for a side quest. Preferrably at a Cosplay convention she comes up and needs help since she is is being chased by The Wild Hunt and you end up in a brawl with Imlerith and Eredin while people in costumes cheer you on and comment on how realistic this years ComicCon is.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Omnicarus posted:

I really hope Ciri pops in for a side quest. Preferrably at a Cosplay convention she comes up and needs help since she is is being chased by The Wild Hunt and you end up in a brawl with Imlerith and Eredin while people in costumes cheer you on and comment on how realistic this years ComicCon is.

If something like this happens it would be the Game of the Century.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Omnicarus posted:

Like the end of Galaxy quest?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

If something like this happens it would be the Game of the Century.

That's almost confirmed, kinda! I thought that was the whole point of Ciri teasing Cyberpunk in W3, like, we are going to see her in a side quest.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Taxi driver is having a GREAT DAY

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Shoehead posted:

Night City is a really odd setting in spots and I hope Cyberpunk 2077 lives up to some of it. Especially poo poo like taking armed taxi rides through the Free Fire Zone or one of the character classes being "I am the lead singer in a punk band"

Combat Cab was in the trailer.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its gonna be good OP

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

CJ posted:

Isn't it a gang jacket?

Looks kinda like the jacket the dude on the Cyberpunk 2020 cover is wearing, at least the collar.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eonwe posted:

its gonna be good OP

i hope so!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Having played witcher 3, this game is going to be insane well made, insanely in-depth and be great fun.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I think this game will be... Good?

The original teaser looked much darker and moodier but I like this.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

"gk_WIP"

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1005927831648387072

Maybe we'll see some actual gameplay before E3 is over?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'll be more hyped when I see just how deep the character customization is, but I'm confident the game will simply be the it game of my retirement community.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
geoff is trash but ill catch a replay of that

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Is this game going to feature personal responsibility?

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

"arch_bullets" is the song in the first teaser trailer. "Bullets" by Archive

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dandywalken posted:

Is this game going to feature personal responsibility?

It's actually a personal respawns ability which kicks in when you "die".

ufarn
May 30, 2009

ufarn posted:

Looks like we'll get some in-game footage later at E3:

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/1005936522602991616

Someone somewhere else suggested the featured characters in the trailer might be class variations for the main character - since they look so similar.
Here are the classes for the original 2020 game which match up nicely with the characters we see in the trailer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020#Roles

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

CJ posted:

This is great.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ufarn posted:

Here are the classes for the original 2020 game which match up nicely with the characters we see in the trailer:

If you try to play "cop" the game crashes and deletes itself from your computer

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
lolling at all the babies who've only ever seen Blade Runner and Deus Ex whining about daytime

vvvvv I understand this reference!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the game will look loving amazing at night time

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
CD Projekt gonna beat TOG to the punch.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Except put cyberpunk in stoner too because I will get high as hell and wander around that poo poo.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

CJ posted:

I was listening to this a few months back on YouTube and the person who put the video up put lyrics in as "personal response ability."

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Never mess with anyone eating at a noodle stand. It always ends badly.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cant wait to cyber gently caress

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/GreatDismal/status/1005958197654351872

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Siljmonster posted:

cant wait to cyber gently caress

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

drat loving spicy as hell already

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

70 years old and still throwing out the burns. I respect it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

literally that william gibson 😱

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah i feel it was a mistake showing so much day

i want rain, nights and

n
e
o
n

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

everyone knows there's no daylight in cyberpunk settings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

ufarn posted:

2020 roles should be thrown out, most of those special abilities are game killers. Way better to just take Streetdeal, Interface, Combat Sense and Med-Tech and just make them skills with multipliers and not force everyone to be a solo if they want to participate in combat.