Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

a gently caress ton. CDPR made a gently caress ton of bank, plus they have the polish government and Warner brothers pumping money partly. plus the CEO is billionaire and putting a bunch of his money back into it as well.

CDPR is a publisher, not a development house. They have a lot of cash.

(Not saying you don't know this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Does anyone have any info on the violence in this game? Can you shoot heads off?

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Not 100% but it sounds like you can dismember people and one video shows someone cutting a head off with the arm blades

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Shotguns can dismember and there's a top-tier perk that's like "no recoil for 10 seconds after dismembering a target" or something like that

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

DarkHorse posted:

Did not expect to see a Dragon Prince reference one this thread :monocle:

Lol, I didn't know what it was it just came up when I googled akimbo eyepatches

I'm glad it was a seemingly cool thing I really liked the image lol

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

CDPR is a publisher, not a development house. They have a lot of cash.

(Not saying you don't know this)

CDPR is the studio making Cyberpunk. CD Projekt is the publisher. At least, this is how they were organized back then, dunno if there's been any change in the last few years, but if there was, it flew over my head.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Sigh and draw my katana

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Is there any statement on how 'borged out you can get as the player? Like just cool cyber eyes or can you go full terminator?

Replaying Shadowrun: Dragonfall and seeing characters like Glory remind me how cool roboting yourself up can be.

One of the characters they showed off in the latest promo material was fully chromed up. I believe he was an Arasaka suit or gun-for-hire.

I'm only familiar with the Cyberpunk genre, not the material the game is based on, so I'm interested to see how they handle people going full metal. Should be interesting to say the least.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Sir AIDS posted:

Does anyone have any info on the violence in this game? Can you shoot heads off?

I am hoping I can pop skulls into a gory mess with my shotgun

VoLaTiLe fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 1, 2020

Woden
May 6, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

Is there any statement on how 'borged out you can get as the player? Like just cool cyber eyes or can you go full terminator?

Replaying Shadowrun: Dragonfall and seeing characters like Glory remind me how cool roboting yourself up can be.

The lack of Cyberware options in Shadowrun and how simple the system was really bummed me out.

I think I read somewhere that there's 20 cyberware slots in 2077 with different options for each slot. No idea on how terminater-esque you can go but it looks like there's option to personalise a lot.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Looks like wall-running has also been dropped:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/cyberpunk-2077s-planned-wall-running-has-been-scrapped/

Can see why it would have been a headache for a game not designed around Spidermanning.

A final mission where you have to assassinate the corpo executive who murdered Silverhand with a brain virus or whatnot would be made trivial by being able to scale the skyscraper up to his office.

Wall hanging would still be nifty, though.

Tirranek fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 1, 2020

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

fennesz posted:

One of the characters they showed off in the latest promo material was fully chromed up. I believe he was an Arasaka suit or gun-for-hire.

I'm only familiar with the Cyberpunk genre, not the material the game is based on, so I'm interested to see how they handle people going full metal. Should be interesting to say the least.

That guy is actually one of the characters from cyber punk lore https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Adam_Smasher

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

cheesetriangles posted:

2018 female V or bust.

Seconded

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tirranek posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/cyberpunk-2077s-planned-wall-running-has-been-scrapped/

Can see why it would have been a headache for a game not designed around Spidermanning.

A final mission where you have to assassinate the corpo executive who murdered Silverhand with a brain virus or whatnot would be made trivial by being able to scale the skyscraper up to his office.

This feels like a bigger design cut than the “game is done, we’re just debugging it” splash panel we got last week, unless it’s like a code and they are literally removing all the “bug” stuff in the game like the spider-robot and wall running and... *gulp* Mmatis Blades

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Tirranek posted:

It’s encouraging to see that the scope of the game has limits and they aren’t afraid to cut things like wall running and the pet class that aren’t working well.

Hopefully cdpr can actually design a good combat system this time.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I've often wondered how all those heavily-augmented characters in cyberpunk use the bathroom. You could probably handwave it by saying all modern foodstuff can be absorbed into the body without waste.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

This feels like a bigger design cut than the “game is done, we’re just debugging it” splash panel we got last week, unless it’s like a code and they are literally removing all the “bug” stuff in the game like the spider-robot and wall running and... *gulp* Mmatis Blades

It was probably cut months ago, we’re just learning about it now.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
the real question is how do mantis blades or retractable wrist mounted grenade launchers work with long sleeve outfits?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I've often wondered how all those heavily-augmented characters in cyberpunk use the bathroom. You could probably handwave it by saying all modern foodstuff can be absorbed into the body without waste.

Three seashells.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

the real question is how do mantis blades or retractable wrist mounted grenade launchers work with long sleeve outfits?

AR sleeves. You're really just wearing a vest and your hud is projecting the image of the shirt.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

8one6 posted:

AR sleeves. You're really just wearing a vest and your hud is projecting the image of the shirt.

what a time to be alive

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

8one6 posted:

at low levels they give you the shirt version of those unzippable hybrid cargo pants/shorts

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

the_enduser posted:

Not 100% but it sounds like you can dismember people and one video shows someone cutting a head off with the arm blades

Yeah and it looked awful. It looked like a store mannequin's head with no weight to it.

I gotta be honest, no more class system, terrible driving reviews, bad combat reviews, and more and I've got a REAL bad case of the "eeeeh" on this. Like, real bad.
Plus I read back a few pages and there's not single goddamn train I can ride? Absalutamente non, mon ami. Non.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

Big Beef City posted:

terrible driving reviews, bad combat reviews

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but all I've heard about combat and driving is that it felt bad because all the youtubers had to play with some serious lag (due to the fact that they were streaming the game). Is there more to it?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Big Beef City posted:

I gotta be honest, no more class system, terrible driving reviews, bad combat reviews, and more and I've got a REAL bad case of the "eeeeh" on this. Like, real bad.
Plus I read back a few pages and there's not single goddamn train I can ride? Absalutamente non, mon ami. Non.

I'm not as negative as you and still think this game is gonna be really good but it definetly feels like CDPR bit more than they could chew, who knows at this point how much got cut that we never will even know about and how much of that cutting/scaling back factored in the two delays

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed again to next year but at this point it seems they're "out of chances"

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

frajaq posted:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed again to next year but at this point it seems they're "out of chances"

There is no such thing as "out of chances", just look at Star Citizen

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

They've literally never made an FPS, or a shooter of any type, or a driving game. They've made an open world game but not one where they can't fill out the landscape using SpeedTree. People talk about the lessons they've learned from Witcher 3 as though they can build directly from it the same way they built on Witcher 2, but what they're making here is a completely different animal (that they somehow worked boring goddamn boxing into - why are they so obsessed with boxing?). I get the feeling the cut features are going to keep coming.

It'll probably be a fine RPG, and I'm always down for a cyberpunk aesthetic, but if you think they're going to knock this out of the park when they're doing a million things they have zero experience with as a company you should probably moderate your expectations and instead wait for Cyberpunk 2079.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

They've also never made an open world RPG before W3. And never made their own 3d engine before W2. Or a game before W1.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

sunaurus posted:

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but all I've heard about combat and driving is that it felt bad because all the youtubers had to play with some serious lag (due to the fact that they were streaming the game). Is there more to it?

Well, there's this, forgive me if you've seen it:

quote:

there are some serious concerns about the game. Particularly, its shooting and driving mechanics, despite the fact that those are core mechanics that make up much of the game. According to the preview, the driving in Cyberpunk 2077 feels very bland, with no “weight” or “momentum” to the act, and it's apparently on the level of the notoriously lackluster driving in games like Sleeping Dogs and Watch Dogs.

and this bit:

quote:

The all-important shooting is another element that are allegedly “completely bland,” “flat,” and fails to really “show teeth at any point.” The game uses similar shooting mechanics as other RPG shooters such as Borderlands, in which enemies become bullet sponges

Whatever, who knows. It's video game reviews, right? It's all bullshit until you get the game and even then it ends up being a surprise hit or shitshow.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Driving in Sleeping Dogs was fun as gently caress.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Let me get right to the goddamn point.

Are there rideable trains in sleeping dogs?

e: to be more on point, for me personally I'm bummed out because in the PnP Cyberpunk game the entire point of combat was that combat loving SUCKED. Using your weapons and fighting in general tended to be a death sentence for everyone involved. The whole point was that shooting people or stabbing them is HARD and when it does happen people get hurt real bad.
The idea that this is "lets shoot 12 zillion laser fletchettes until a healthbar is gone" action makes me sad. And yea, I'd like it to stick to the premise of the game it's based on, sue me.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 1, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

marshmallow creep posted:

Driving in Sleeping Dogs was fun as gently caress.

Yeah that was my first thought as well, I genuinely thought Sleeping Dogs was the ultimate 3PS crime game with the best driving, music, and combat, with all the same cool crime drama that all the Yakuza and GTA games have but without having to play those awful games.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Let the guy temper his expectations. Some people need their hype evened out

Still lolling at the head popping off in the video

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Big Beef City posted:

Let me get right to the goddamn point.

Are there rideable trains in sleeping dogs?

e: to be more on point, for me personally I'm bummed out because in the PnP Cyberpunk game the entire point of combat was that combat loving SUCKED. Using your weapons and fighting in general tended to be a death sentence for everyone involved. The whole point was that shooting people or stabbing them is HARD and when it does happen people get hurt real bad.
The idea that this is "lets shoot 12 zillion laser fletchettes until a healthbar is gone" action makes me sad. And yea, I'd like it to stick to the premise of the game it's based on, sue me.

Lmao calm down I'm sure you can set the difficulty to a place where it meshes to your tastes.

Health bars are just indicators of your damage in a video game lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Combat and traversal in Witcher 3 was serviceable. That's not what makes it one of the best open world games ever. I'm expecting combat and traversal in Cyberpunk to be serviceable. It's not why I'm interested in the game in the first place.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
After years of hearing that combat in TW3 is "bad", I'm not concerned about reports of combat in Cyberpunk being perhaps equally "bad"

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Every review I watched basically said it worked the same way as the Witcher 3? The only bullet sponges were enemies with red skulls above their heads and everyone else went down quickly?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I played Driver, no games driving can be as bad as that PS1 game

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Every review I watched basically said it worked the same way as the Witcher 3? The only bullet sponges were enemies with red skulls above their heads and everyone else went down quickly?

This seems likely. I'm sure there will be a mod that makes all guns and stuff extra lethal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

A previewer I watched said he overall liked the driving but recommended they make the handling slightly less heavy. So who the gently caress knows.