Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Qmass posted:

what is johnny silverhand ?

I was thinking more of native super AIs, instead of digital transfers of a human mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
So the crack team who fought at the 4 industrial war. What happened to them?
I think everything they have shown is the white orchid part of w3
Where is that dude who fought Adam before the nuke fell? Rogue? Alt Cunningham internet soul?
I Guess at one point we will have to choose to end Johnny Silverhand mission and bring the war directly to Arasaka or choose to get rich and famous and forget all of that.
drat i'm hyped for this game

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

There's no reason you have to stay biped if you're going full borg.

Hell yeah there is. I don't want to have to explain why I can't fit into the Combat taxi and every arguable method of doing legs is just flat out worse than having two.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Sedisp posted:

Hell yeah there is. I don't want to have to explain why I can't fit into the Combat taxi and every arguable method of doing legs is just flat out worse than having two.

No legs. Float like a flying car.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Skipped a bunch of pages about YouTubers to say that is a deep point of personal pride that I wont recognize a single YouTube personality and none of these people will stand out to me whatsoever. My 30 year old brother was making fun of me yesterday for not knowing any of these famous TikTok or vine influencers and I was like "I like music and movies, I don't enjoy watching teenagers scream at their phones and its demoralizing to watch them make millions of dollars for being weird little e-bigots" and he got super-duper pissy at me. It's a very dense ecosystem but if you don't actively work to pierce the veil then you realize none of these people matter outside of their own tiny enclaves.

I cannot believe i'm gonna be playing this game in less than a month

Sedisp posted:

You don't need a Combat Taxi if you're an armored cyborg-centaur, good grief the lack of imagination on this dude...

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

No, John, you are the combat cyber-taxi.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

AirRaid posted:

Johnny is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will... something you know very little about.

holy loving poo poo. owned..

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

You don't need a Combat Taxi if you're an armored cyborg-centaur, good grief the lack of imagination on this dude...

The point of a luxurious ride is that something else has to carry you. Much like the centaur is looked down on by all people riding a horse you will be forced to look on in jealousy at everyone driving a car.

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Qmass posted:

what is johnny silverhand ?

Johnny shorthand for Johnny Menomenic, a registered trademark of Sony Pictures

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Bust Rodd posted:

Skipped a bunch of pages about YouTubers to say that is a deep point of personal pride that I wont recognize a single YouTube personality
This is the way. (Except the RLM guys and the penguiz0 guy)

Less than a month , hype time.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 109 days!
After playing through some emotionally punishing portions of RDR2, I put in a pre-order for this with the hope that I will become attached to none of the characters and care about none of the story. I'm here to drive retrofuture cars and upgrade my cyberdick. The dialogue and story look dumb as hell and I'm excited.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

croup coughfield posted:

After playing through some emotionally punishing portions of RDR2, I put in a pre-order for this with the hope that I will become attached to none of the characters and care about none of the story. I'm here to drive retrofuture cars and upgrade my cyberdick. The dialogue and story look dumb as hell and I'm excited.

If I don't become emotionally attached to a complex portrayal of someone living on the ragged edge in a corporate dystopia and then watch helplessly as they die in front of me to establish the lack of agency and control held by those at the mercy of the capital then the game will have failed.

Also if sword arms aren't fun, that would be bad.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

AirRaid posted:

Johnny is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will... something you know very little about.

In my defense those dark chocolate mints from Trader Joe's are really good.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Subjunctive posted:

When the store is back up, remind me to buy that as :comte:

None of you reminded me! Waiting for the cache to clear now. Hmm. There it goes..

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 24, 2020

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

itry posted:

If anyone's making a new thread for the release, they should include a list of cyberpunk (or genere adjacent) books. Maybe non-fiction too.

At this point, it should be edited into the OP even if there's isn't a new thread. People just keep asking. Given all the works that have already been discussed and recommended, I'd sort it as: Influences on Cyberpunk; Classical Cyberpunk; Second-wave Cyberpunk; Neo-cyberpunk; and Cyberpunk-adjacent: Computer Weirdness and Transhumanism

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

None of you reminded me! Waiting for the cache to clear now. Hmm. There it goes..

Lol, I can't believe went through with it, he's missing a bit of his mouth though. :comte:

e: If I knew you were serious, I would have animated it.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 24, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Subjunctive posted:

Ahaha that owns

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 109 days!

Wicked Them Beats posted:

If I don't become emotionally attached to a complex portrayal of someone living on the ragged edge in a corporate dystopia and then watch helplessly as they die in front of me to establish the lack of agency and control held by those at the mercy of the capital then the game will have failed.

Also if sword arms aren't fun, that would be bad.

So far I haven't seen evidence of a complex portrayal of anything. I guess we'll see.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Back Hack posted:

Lol, I can't believe went through with it, he's missing a bit of his mouth though. :comte:

e: If I knew you were serious, I would have animated it.

I bet I can get an admin to replace the image if I ask nicely. I just cropped the top 25px and it looked ok, but if you have a better one I’ll get it put up.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

I bet I can get an admin to replace the image if I ask nicely. I just cropped the top 25px and it looked ok, but if you have a better one I’ll get it put up.

I'll PM you in a couple of days with a new one.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah I can sort this ez peezy, just pm me or post the new one in here.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Owned cars can be used for item storage.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Has CDPR said anything about having a customizable radio, where you can add your own MP3 tracks? I always like it when you can add your own music to play in a game.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Syrian Lannister posted:

😍😍😍😍😍😍

Alright I'm happy with it forever now

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Syrian Lannister posted:

So now even in video games my car will have fast food wrappers everywhere...ugh.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Max Wilco posted:

Has CDPR said anything about having a customizable radio, where you can add your own MP3 tracks? I always like it when you can add your own music to play in a game.

This would be like if you were playing GTA5 and there was radio station playing “camptown races”.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

This would be like if you were playing GTA5 and there was radio station playing “camptown races”.

Love hearing the radio DJ justifying why Brother can you spare a dime is now playing.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Sedisp posted:

Love hearing the radio DJ justifying why Brother can you spare a dime is now playing.

Ah yes, the elephant in the room, Fallout 3 & 4.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Tbh a radio stations gimmick of only playing music from the good ol days before the corpos controlled everything being djed by an art bell kind of dude kind of makes perfect sense.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

An anti-corp indy pirate radio station, but is actually an Arasaka production spreading disinformation.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

itry posted:

An anti-corp indy pirate radio station, but is actually an Arasaka production spreading disinformation.

The punk channel being hollowed out and worn as a skin by a corp, which everybody knows and still listens to anyway because it has the best music does feel like very good cyberpunk.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Still four weeks, ugggghhhh!

(Well, at least Asus/NVidia has still that much time to deliver my loving graphics card, so there's that.)

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

croup coughfield posted:

So far I haven't seen evidence of a complex portrayal of anything. I guess we'll see.

I remain hopeful based on CDPR's earlier work. Would prefer that they actually show us something, of course.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bust Rodd posted:

The inverse of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccq__bsQ8Kc

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Stole it from Reddit.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
So if I think that the games industry should be unionized to avoid some of the more hideous aspects of development like months-long crunch times and unpaid overtime, is it ethical to buy this game? Is CDPR worth supporting in their business practices? I remember reading some real horror stories about Bioware, Rockstar, and some others.

Edit - sorry if this has come up before in the thead, it's kinda long

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 25, 2020

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Eason the Fifth posted:

So if I think that the games industry should be unionized to avoid some of the more hideous aspects of development like months-long crunch times and unpaid overtime, is it ethical to buy this game? Is CDPR worth supporting in their business practices? I remember reading some real horror stories about Bioware, Rockstar, and some others.

If you want to play the game and think it’ll be fun, then buy it. You’re still paying their salaries this way and adding to that 10% profit sharing scheme CDPR has. If you choose to withhold your money because of corporate social responsibility reasons even though you want to play the game this act will not have a significant effect. You’re just gonna deny yourself the fun you wanted in exchange for an impotent act of protest nobody is going to notice.

The games industry pissed people off in much more direct ways before and people promised boycotts. I think call of duty had a boycott group on steam and they were all playing the game not long after it was released. It’s not going to matter so you might as well just enjoy the game if you like it and find other ways to pressure CDPR. Or you know see if the employees themselves want a union and donate to that movement if you really care.

If cyberpunk is a hit a lot of those people can start their own studio or even jump ship to other companies.

Kraftwerk fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 25, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Eason the Fifth posted:

its up to the individual consumer. what sucks is basically every studio has lovely crunch and awful poo poo like that and unionizing would probably help alot. until than, just pick and choose i guess. "no ethical consumtion, etc."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Back Hack posted:

Stole it from Reddit.

You can't "steal" from Reddit, that's like being derivative of Goodkind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

wiegieman posted:

You can't "steal" from Reddit, that's like being derivative of Goodkind.

I ought to kick you in the pre-pubescent jaw, you pacifism-loving chicken.