Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

VirtualStranger posted:

Bland protagonist man at the beginning of the trailer is wearing the exact same jacket as this lady, so I'm assuming that means you can.

Isn't it a gang jacket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dandywalken posted:

Is this game going to feature personal responsibility?

It's actually a personal respawns ability which kicks in when you "die".

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

frajaq posted:

who cares about that guy

anyway

I was looking through the source book and i hope you can give up humanity to get chrome skin and tech hair in this game too.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Comrade Fakename posted:

Seems weird to introduce us to a place called “Night City” mainly in the day. Still looks fantastic though.

Umm actually it's called Night City because it was founded by a guy called Night, much in the same way Quiet wears no clothes so she can breathe.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Steve2911 posted:

Pepe is literally nazi propaganda though so lets not?

/s?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Put this song in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDwigW9wLHA

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I don't mind it because i liked Dread.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Do you think you will know different languages based on your ethnicity like 2020?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Are there any games with first person melee combat that weren't dogshit? I'm getting Skyrim flashbacks.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

For anyone who has actually played the pen and paper game, is a Cybersnake a robot dick that detaches and attacks people?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

GrossMurpel posted:

There's loving vampires?

That's part of the body cybernetic enhancements list. LOL if you didn't think vampire teeth would be one of the first body mods people go for when this poo poo became available.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Earwicker posted:

I don't know/care about "nuanced" but Bloodborne definitely has some of the most fun melee combat in any video game I've played.

I can't quite picture how that game's combat would work in first person but it certainly seems possible..

I'm not sure why people keep bringing up melee in this game anyway, seems far more likely to be a shooter. has there some mention of laser swords or something?

I want to punch someone with my Big Knucks.

(Also the original trailer which is all we had to go on for 5 years had a woman with spider claw arms)

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Since you aren't really rolling around in bloodborne you could probably just put in some dodges and give people cool trick weapons that come out of their arms or some poo poo, third/first person doesn't really have an impact on what you can and can't let your character do besides when you start getting into flips and rolls and poo poo which you have to make some serious design decisions on what you're going to do with your camera.

That's not true. The spatial awareness/coordination difference completely changes how combat works between perspectives.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Do you have to add your consent to the blockchain?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
How is this practical?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Mindblast posted:

Are these from the demo the press is getting to see?

... I don't supposed we get a peek later?

They are staged press kit pictures.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What did he say about first person? Something like third person makes sense in the Witcher games because things are happening all around you, but first person makes more sense in this game because things are happening to you???

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Watching interviews with Mike Pondsmith is awesome. The dude is a proto-weeb who loves Persona and is stoked as hell about this game. I'm glad he's been so closely involved in development.

Link?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If it's a shooter i want the gun from Psycho-Pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cznLThZnIk8

CJ fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 14, 2018

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If the game isn't going to do combat well why even have combat?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Crappy Jack posted:

https://playgwent.com/en/news/18951/gwent-homecoming-see-whats-next-for-gwent

They're rebooting. Back in April, they were basically like "Yeah, this isn't working, you're right, we're gonna take about six months to do a full overhaul and try and get it right this time."

They won't get it right because Gwent's core gameplay of playing cards one at a time and seeing who has the most points at the end doesn't lead to interesting gameplay.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I'm assuming it will work like all the GTA games where you start in the cyberghetto and work your way up to working for the megacorps.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
From what i remember of the books, the sorceresses were all hideously ugly because noble houses didn't know what else to do with them because they had no chance of marrying them off. So they shipped them off to wizard school.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I don't think a game developer talking about the idea that the body is sacred and body modification is profane necessarily reflects his beliefs.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
How does he feel about getting a 25 kill streak in Modern Warfare 2?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Still needs to finish the Witcher tabletop.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Will there be a gang of people who made themselves look like an anime? That would probably be the first thing people do after the techno goth cyber vampires.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Buckets posted:

Yeah, there are cyber upgrades that are mandatory for story progression according to this guy:

And since empathy isn't one of the stats it looks like 2077 won't feature players going into cyberpsychosis unless they decide to make it a plot point later into the game or something like that.

Can't be Togusa? loving dropped.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Didn't the CD Projekt founder get into a twitter argument about how he didn't want to put black people in The Witcher? If you only want to consume media from paragons of progressive values then maybe Polish video game companies aren't your best bet.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no, thats kingdom come deliverance. and they are Czech. its a realistic historical game that takes place in 1403 rural bohemia. the project lead got into fights with various people(smart and otherwise) about that. that is whole other poo poo show. its a good game despite what some say about it and the project leads dumbassery.

some people did complain/critique about the lack of POC in witcher 3 but CDPR never fought them over it.

I found the thread i was thinking of and yeah it was the Kingdom Come Deliverance guy
https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/598808428077809664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Disappointed that The Animals aren't a gang of cyber-furries.