Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

W3 preorder for collectors edition was sold out very fast. I really hope this time there are plenty of copies manufactured... in 2023 or whenever it launches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

I had to buy one on ebay for $100 more than retail. Worth it! Also snagged a W2 collector's Really wish I could have a Witcher 1 collector's but those seem to be the rarest and most expensive.

So, side note: what are we all going to be playing to bide our time? Aside from Shadowrun and Deus Ex, do we even have any real Cyberpunky RPGs to hold us over?

Same, but overpaid by 50$.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I hope I'll be able to get a new 4K HDR10 monitor and Vega 112/1180ti before the game is available.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Some more info from polish journalist:
6 stats are:strength, build, intelligence,reflexes, tech and cool.
Enemies show numerical floating markers when hit.
Hacking is a minigame, you can hack people and stuff like doors.
Quests can have a neat PowerPoint like presentation, where you get and plug a disk with info.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. i also think it will might be pushed as a launch game for new consoles.

I think PS4 Pro and XBOneX will be minimal requirements.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Pyromancer posted:

They have full nudity and sex which could net an AO rating in united states and drugs with positive effects which usually results in refused classification in Australia. I wonder what their plan for ratings is.

If that's a major distribution hurdle they can always sell the game with nudity covered and day 1 free/0,01$ DLC that adds it.
Creative assembly does that with "blood and gore" patches.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

wiegieman posted:

I don't know! People keep bringing up signs and alchemy like they're not just ways to Sword Better.

Igni build was ridiculously broken on release because it dealt percentage of enemy health per tick.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

some tweet posted:

and if you seriously think the sanctimony of the human body is one of the main themes of cyberpunk? you don't know poo poo about the genre

That's what those toxic people are mad about? I've played CP2020 briefly ages ago but I remember that being pretty much the case.

Some additional romance info: V has any sexual orientation you want, but other characters have a preset hetero/homo/bi one. Additionally it looks like other people attraction to you depends on additional stuff. It would be funny if one of romances could be pursued only if you look like Marilyn Monroe with a monster dick with no less than 20 modes of vibration .

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

We're also guesstimating first half of 2020 as a release date. There were comments of "we're still not sure how big the game will be, but assume bigger than W3" may mean the story and quests are still being worked on.

I hope CDPR will release the same play through with different choices picked for variety.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

dsoGaming article posted:

Unfortunately, Alicja did not reveal the graphics settings/details used or the resolution (though we expect it was 4K) or the framerate (was also expect it was 30fps) at which this demo was running.

So it's a wild guess. It also could have been any resolution at any refresh rate and FPS. The hardware is reasonable: you need to be absolutely sure no slowdown appears despite anything when you show the game for a bunch of Journos.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Huh, both Cyberpunk and Shadowrun have Chicago getting super hosed up. Shadowrun had a massive bug invasion and Sears Tower collapse (giving birth to the metal-sounding Shattergraves. What happened to it in Cyberpunk?

Bioplague kills some people there in 2028. At least they don't get a nuke like Night City or a rock from Mass Driver like Colorado Springs.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I hope there's a dialogue in CP that will foreshadow the next title released the same way. "I've travelled to the farthest reaches of the net, and there I saw a massive city laid waste by a dragon fire".

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I'm not sure it's a male protagonist that narrates the trailer. It could just as easy be that solo dude they've introduced in that printed material they were handing out.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

First 4k HDR monitors with G-sync will appear soon. No idea when they will get to reasonable prices, right now they are 2000$.
I'll probably sync my monitor +gfx upgrade with this game release.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Until new interfaces are released (display port and HDMI) there's not enough bandwidth to feed the data to monitors. 4K at 120Hz with HDR10 takes a fuckton of bandwidth.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

There was a presentation of the same play through for journos in Warsaw. I haven't read nothing new from their pieces. One said the game had momentary slowdowns. I hope the demo gets finally to YouTube.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Phoneposting but...

:perfect:
I need to find my CP2020 sourcebook too..

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Vast majority of people doesn't give a gently caress about stupid twatter posts..

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Davoren posted:

Well it seems y'all don't care so I'll stop. Go back to never having to worry about being in danger from anything I guess.

Good.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

You seem to be angry, friend. Take a deep breath and relax.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

4 pictures from the linked thread:
http://imgur.com/a/gD35gAW

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Eurogamer claims the new demo will be the same scenario as the previous one, but with a male character and some decisions different. Still closed doors show for press :/

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I wish they did additional walkthrough for public too, but after all the "downgrade controversy" they probably will keep the public show for late beta version.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I imagine people that should be in place to remedy the situation sooner were either deep in Gamescom preparations or on vacation. Still, they should keep the Twitter crew on a tight leash, they are not Wendy's..

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

The best move would be moving to Instagram and limiting their activities to posting game material and comments full of stupid emoticons under cosplayers posts.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I don't remember either. I think there was some barely legal teens drug orgy during that solstice event.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Personal responsibility

Personal responsibility

:perfect:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Begone, troll.

It seems the skill progression system will be similar to Skyrim: you increase your skill by practising it, attributes will be increased when you level up or by getting better implants.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Do MtF or FtM even matter in CP world? Your hardware will always match your preferences as long as you can afford it.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

It looks like male and female demos have a player char wake up in bed with a dude. It also seems NPCs can talk poo poo about your clothes.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I liked this thread better when we wondered if cyberdong/cybervag gives you a Cool stat bonus..

Also from interview it looks like a story is completed, and the focus now is on assets, scripting and optimization. So if the PR fail brought more dev attention to LGBTQ+ representation it will be likely in a DLC. I think it's a good thing: adding "token transperson" to tick a box just for a sake of it would be bad.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

That hacked dude on a chair :allears:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I feel that this game will make a great use of the new monitor and GFX stuff like HDR and higher refresh rates. I hope they are in close contact with nVidia in regards with the new stuff that is to be introduced in RTX line of cards. I hope I can get 2080ti before the game launches..

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Game supposedly has raytracing in it.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-rtx-hairworks/

Image is from Reddit so take with a grain of salt of course.

I hope so, having graphical options far above the average hardware configuration at launch is great for game longevity.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

I'm kinda wary about early adopting that tech, I think I will rather stick to my current setup of a 1080Ti and a 1440p g-sync monitor and hope that it's enough to turn everything to ultra plus hairworks.

I'm with 1060 and FHD monitor, I probably wouldn't think about upgrading if I had your hardware. At this point 1060 is enough for all the games I intend to play within a year or so assuming my 8yo monitor doesn't die.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Isn't there also something like oding on cybernetics or going into a robo comatose if you have too many mods? Also is it just cybernetics? Is there also like bio mods?

It's been a while since I've played p&p or read the sourcebook, but it was more like you lose the empathy and see the people as squishy fleshbags. There were biomods in the CP2020, no idea if Mike Pondsmith and CDPR will see a reason for them in CP2077.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Yeah, but there are enough people that like his content to grant him 5k $ per video :psyboom:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

That gang looked cool, chill bro shared a hit of slo-mo and stuff. Too bad it looks like any way the quest goes they are doomed. I'd totally do a gangster run and hit the corp convoys for a sick loot :black101:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

I also wonder if there's a way you can side with the other corp dude that the lady has as a hostage.

I imagine the following interaction with a corp would have one of them as your handler. Maybe the dude was a mole, or it was that lady :tinfoil: and you can either help, become a scapegoat or turn them in for mad eddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I've rewatched the E3 trailer and I think the first mission can be played stealthy by getting to the lady in ice tub and removing the shard. It looks like Trauma Team jumps in and deals with the Scavs instead of you.