Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its gonna be good OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can someone compile all the information that has come out but is in like 10 separate posts tia

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crappy Jack posted:

https://playgwent.com/en/news/18951/gwent-homecoming-see-whats-next-for-gwent

They're rebooting. Back in April, they were basically like "Yeah, this isn't working, you're right, we're gonna take about six months to do a full overhaul and try and get it right this time."

gently caress that sounds nice

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ffuuuck

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game owns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

I really hope they're not overselling quest reactivity, because that kind of thing is extremely my poo poo.

Witcher was pretty good about this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

According to a recent Eurogamer interview, they want to include gender fluidity options but haven't really implemented anything yet and don't know how they're going to do it. Basically didn't commit to anything other than to say that the current situation isn't final.

worse case scenario, just throw in a 'they' pronoun on the dialogue as well as a 'he' or 'she' and that will probably make a ton of people happy. As far as how to like decide how the character looks, ya no clue on that one.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think female is fine when you arent writing screeds about how nobody will date you or saying they only date assholes

I wouldn't say it line that, but he obviously didnt have any negative intent and is the dude even a native English speaker

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1034348756458561536 https://mobile.twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1034376086358917121 don’t worry he found other things to not like. Like I said, he was never going to like it anyway. Using john as barometer for real progressives is not a good idea.

lol this guy blows

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game looks good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I recognize they still have some gross poo poo in the game but I still want to play the game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the only thing I do not care for about RDR2 pacing wise is it forcing walking within camp

incredibly annoying

other than that RDR2 is like the best chill out game for me. its easy to lose hours hunting and fishing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also i wonder if we'll have a Ciri cameo in Cyberpunk

I don't expect she'd be in a mission or anything, but considering she jumped into a world very much like Cyberpunk 2077, seems possible

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if cyberpunk does gta o but not poo poo that would be my forever game tbh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

Every time I see that picture I think

Is that John Romero?

john romero is going to make you his punk

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if I'll be more impressed at Ultra 1440 no RT or Ultra 1080 w/ RT

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
release the game cowards

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i have gigabit and an ssd, ill just install it, make a sandwich an then play :smug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
normally I think having more than one thread is dumb, but I think its probably warranted for Cyberpunk

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Max Wilco posted:

This is what really irks me about the situation. I don't want to play corpo defender, but CDPR admitted that they bungled things with 'Mix It Up' ad thing, and have been trying to make amends for it. Hell, it's probably part of the reason why we have 'Penis 2'. I'm not saying that they should get a free pass for doing crunch or that they're a poor, put-upon company who's just trying to get by; they're still open to criticism. However, it's clear that they acknowledged the criticism and tried to work towards having some form of positive trans representation, what with the expanded character creation and featuring trans musician Sophie in the game.

Despite that, though, ResetEra has been on the warpath against them ever since the ad controversy.

At some point, you just ask, "What do you want them to do?" Do you want them to donate half the game's profits to a charity? Should the game just be scrapped and the company dissolved? I don't know.

the internet sucks rear end basically

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my take on it is that content existing doesn't mean the developers are endorsing that point of view

like GTA games have some legitimately terrible poo poo, its kind of hard to portray a lovely hosed up world without problematic themes

i guess it depends on whether you believe they were trying to make a joke at the expense of trans people, or trying to create stuff that fits in the world

kinda reminds me of poo poo like this personally

https://twitter.com/TheEpicDept/status/1333864567877881856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im super excited to play, im gonna spend at least an hour in the character creator