Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Is the protagonist seriously the Generic RPG Template of a white dude with a buzz cut, or did I miss something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Looks like we'll get some in-game footage later at E3:

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/1005936522602991616

Someone somewhere else suggested the featured characters in the trailer might be class variations for the main character - since they look so similar.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

ufarn posted:

Looks like we'll get some in-game footage later at E3:

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/1005936522602991616

Someone somewhere else suggested the featured characters in the trailer might be class variations for the main character - since they look so similar.
Here are the classes for the original 2020 game which match up nicely with the characters we see in the trailer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020#Roles

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The nudity's also not going to be a rare thing in general by the sound of it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
CDPR like big tiddies, which is fine, but it's also hilarious for anyone to take their pseudo-sage bullshit about exploring the human condition as the excuse at face value.

It's also weird how people who get worked up about this still don't use the term fridging correctly.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 17, 2018

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Did the Witcher books have Geralt receiving a pin-up card for all the women he boned?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I hope we find something less computationally expensive than HairWorks and TressFX so we won't have to do the buzzcut NPC/PC thing.

I was watching the trailer for the upcoming Tomb Raider, and man it looks bad without it on.

E: Guess I could settle for a mohawk.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 17, 2018

ufarn
May 30, 2009

NNick posted:

So I’ve heard people talk about alpha protocol and syndicate as two single player cyberpunk games. Do they hold up? It sounds like alpha protocol was given negative reviews but grew on people? Looking at videos it seems like a cyberpunk mass effect.

Any other good games set in that type of universe?
Alpha Protocol was by Obsidian so it's pretty decent, but I recall something being extremely frustrating about it. Could be the distance between checkpoints.

Deus Ex 1 is still cool, but AP and ME aren't very cyber at all.

I think Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines on GOG will be the most fun you'll have in terms of mature RPG without too much strict pnp stuff.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
JackFrags has the best info so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ay-UuXCmw

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The weirdest thing about the footage is the trailer graphics felt really low quality, but the in-game footage itself looks pretty awesome.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Are the four screenshots seriously all the Twitter account hinted at for today?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It's pretty crazy how amazing the UI looks from a game that's still 18+ months from release. Stuff like that usually looks very rough or is hidden altogether.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I was wondering: if people are too young to have grown up playing Deus Ex - or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines? - what's the closest FPS-RPG frame of reference people have for a game like this?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
A funny side note is that the CDPR Twitch account hosted another streamer after the show which sent somewhere around 200k viewers her way. She's still streaming - who wouldn't.

More official channels should do something like that.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

Nobody has really mentioned it yet, but I thought the dodging, especially in the boss fight at the end, to be real good and cool.
That part really intrigued me; it'd be great to be rewarded for technical skills like (sorry) Dark Souls rather than a Deus Ex where it's just two people throwing their stats and gear at each other until someone dies.

I wonder what the "Reflexes" attribute means with regards to this. Maybe it'll affect stuff like slow-downs, too. Be cool if I could have a hacker chick who makes up for a lack in gear and strength with Soulsborne reflexes.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Palpek posted:

I didn't catch this one during the stream but I thought there would be more inventory items like gloves and poo poo but I believe in CDPR having enough item variety anyway. Also on top are all the menus that we get - looks like a standard TW3 list including CRAFTING.
getting good gear <<< fashionpunk

Will be interesting to see how "style" allows you to customize individual items to address this. Don't wanna end up looking like Gunther.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Do we know how the slo-mo mechanic actually works? Is there a bar for it, is it governed by an ability or augmentation?

It's very Alpha Protocol.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

gently caress me, I guess I have to get a 2080/2085 Ti before the release of the game.
There should be a 7nm refresh before the game is out - and I'm sure Nvidia would love to launch it in time for CP///2077.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

The voice over in the demo considered a placeholder, or are those confirmed to be the VAs and common dialog style?
That's just CDPR's lead writer (who unironically says "females" :rolleyes:) who did it for what was originally a behind-closed-doors trailer:

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/1034127288823103489

ufarn
May 30, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Aye caramba jaina, these pendejos are cookin' my enchiladas!
this is his caller id btw

ufarn
May 30, 2009
i'm the bozo

ufarn
May 30, 2009
System Shock 2 with respawns disabled is pretty fun for people who want something like Deus Ex but not quite.

It's also one of the few genuinely scary games.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Replace the hacking minigame with a 0451 lock code.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Hopefully they just add a skill check with a timer.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Didn’t the original demo also show the character creator fully uncensored according to E3 reports?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Did the Digital Foundry video have anything interesting to say about graphics or whatever, because watching another 45 minutes just to find out is a tall order

ufarn
May 30, 2009

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I'm going to laugh if the Male V version of this mission has you rescue the guy in the tub instead, and it wasn't displayed in the demo because CDPR wanted to fleece the gamergators of their money before the inevitable REEE about "BEING DENIED OUR PROMISED TIDDIES AND HAVING UNCONSCIOUS CHAD'S GIANT FLOPPY COCK FORCED UPON US"
The mission actually involves extracting Hank the failson who passed out on the toilet.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Co-op rather than straight up MP would probably be fun.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I can imagine that livestreaming might be a threat to some single-player sales, and adding multiplayer would be a way to real in those viewers after watching someone else finish the game. The latter also helps the lifespan of the game on Twitch etc which may be a decent investment of companies' time as long as they balance their time and energy properly.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I assume they’re doing MP for a reason. The MP in The Last of Us is some of my favourite in years, so unexpected MP additions don’t have to suck.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Something dropping today?

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1066999804524486656

ufarn
May 30, 2009
"Expansion" isn't really a word that's used anymore, unfortunately. It's a shame that everything goes into "DLC".

At least season passes were phased out - and replaced with battle passes, but that's for online games.

Wouldn't be surprised if Naughty Dog included some version of that with TLOU2, though.

I also think it's fair to have up-front deals like Bloodlines 2, because SP expansions are tough to sell, and people are only going to buy them separately if they finished the campaign which is bad for conversion.

The interesting thing about ND's season pass and equivalent usually saved you a bunch of money in the end when deluxe versions are usually some absurd rip-off with a bunch of useless trinkets.

The one-day early access bonus for Bloodlines 2 is 100% bullshit, though.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 25, 2019

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Is the game too late in development to replace all humans with cats?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I felt nostalgic and installed AP a while back, and I forgot how dumb the checkpoints are. Drove me mad an hour into the game.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Timelogging is also absolute trash wrt overtime compensation, unless you've got some binary punch-in-punch-out system, so there's plenty of ways to get screwed over.

In gaming, you should be able to get by with a binary system, but there's plenty of awful software out there.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Either way, the good news is that the poster is going to get taken down, because they drew the dick the loving wrong way.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
So, without getting into spoilers, don't you basically get to pick an idol during character creation where you can choose between three people: Good, Neutral, Evil, with Silverhand being on the Good end of the spectrum? That's how it used to be at least.

Meaning that you'd probably end up running into the two other folks - one way or another.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Pussy Cartel posted:

Morgan Blackhand isn't exactly invisible.

New Kingdom Hearts DLC looks dope.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Have any other media corroborated that we might see some kind of gameplay demo footage in August?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

JBP posted:

CDPR said they're doing public gameplay at whatever the next thing is.
Gamescom is Aug 21, so August just barely it might look like.