Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Rinkles posted:

This actually good, or are you just name dropping cyberpunk titles you've heard of?

It was a fun spiritual successor to the old Syndicate games, that I enjoyed. There was a fair amount of puzzle solving with the environment and hacking with trying to complete certain objective...or you could just go in all gun-a-blazing with a care in the world.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

And it will still be out before even before star citizen single player too lol

That scam ain’t never coming out. :ssh:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Earwicker posted:

when will The Gamers realize that "video games are art" and "video games shouldn't make any form of political or social commentary [except for reinforcing views that i, the gamer, already agree with]" are 100% incompatible positions

Gamer :airquote: Culture :airquote: is garbage anyway, we'd be better off if they left in burning in some oil drum somewhere.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Poland is going through some weird poo poo right now, over night they’ve gone from a democratic country with fundamental human rights for all people to a religious oligarchy that actively encourages discrimination against people the State considers “undesirables.”

I don’t think it’s right condemn the company because one shithead felt embolden by local politics, the individual yes, but not the whole company.

Man, right off the bat, they have a lot pistol options, or at the least very a robust mod system that allows weapons look distinct from one another.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 21, 2018

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They were just eaten I believe,

Definitely eaten.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Trauma Teams are tough but they aren't invincible, one of my favorite silly lore bits is that there are multiple militarized ambulance companies that do the equivalent of claimjumping all the time, ambushing the ambulances to take their patients.

We need more people talking about interesting lore stuff like this in-between the dry spells and less of the drama surrounding social media stuff.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

Nope, that music is solid chrome.

Nice AV and post combo. :v:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Why aren't any you asking the important questions, can we murder the Urban Freak for his cowboy hat?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

For an example, in the Night City sourcebook one of the most dangerous gangs are literally clowns, who get cyberware to make themselves more clown-like, in order to clown murder people.

Tell me more. :suspense:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

So, some people were wondering about the extent of cyberware the PC has to use, if any at all. And interview on the CDPR forums gives some insight:

I found this interesting

"How many dialog options are visible at most at a time, and do stats and skills affect them in any way?

PW: It really depends as we have a very dynamic dialogue system. So you can have different dialogue options depending on the character you play. As an example, if I am now talking to you and you have a camera there and I notice I am being filmed, then maybe I would now look at the camera and another dialogue option would actually pop up there. The conversation would shift to the camera where I would ask "Oh am I being filmed?!" and when the conversation shifts back maybe another dialogue option would have appeared."

So different dialog may show up from time to time based on how observant the player is.

E: Now that I think about it, you see a bit of this in the demo when going to the ripper doc, the person doing demo pans the camera around, their view briefly passes over the docs equipment and an option to comment that it's new pops up.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 29, 2018

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

You know what y'all might enjoy?

http://rekall.me/

You know what's better?

Music

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Comparing trans people to ephebophiles is TOTALLY not loaded and something a reasonable person would do, yes.

His point is, you’re not being realistic with expectation.

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m just floored by every new post in this thread that isn’t about retractable mantis armblades, air dashing, and motorcycles

I’m kind of interested in their weapon mod system, in a recent interview they discussed taking basic mundame weapons and being able turn them into tech weapons that have special abilities and effects, like the double barrel shotgun we saw in the demo; Another example they explained was turning a regular handgun into a smart- pistol that has a degree of auto-aim on it.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

gently caress ME!!!!

I've still never played Blood and Wine... :ohdear:

Dude? Dude! B&W has as much content as some game do, plus it put a pretty bow on top of the present that is the ending of Gerald’s story.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Mindblast posted:

Do you really think you're going to stop fighting CORRUPTED GOOD GUYS who become cleansed/redeemed through a solid beating? In a bliz game? loving lol.

There may not be a Activision-Blizzard in the coming month if the investigations turns up anything concrete.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

I heard this game is coming out on the same day as E3

I'd be laughing my rear end off if that was true, considering how big Red is in the eyes of people, that would probably be a huge marketing stunt that would be successful for them. They'd be the only thing anyone was talking about at E3.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yep that was bad. Also i hope we can customize the car?

They've already said we can buy different cars.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

No. The bandit camps don't have a quest purpose.
Also Cyberpunk will probably be cool.

A lot of the “do X or kill y” activities that litter most open world games to pad out game time are a bit different in Witcher 3 than in most game. A lot of them lead to big unmarked quests, or have backstories that you can investigate (aka, using your own initiative and not the game telling you to go somewhere) to find unmarked ruins, mini-dungeons, monster lairs, etc.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Lowen SoDium posted:

Wish they had gone for something more like the source book cover

But they did? Demo/trailer had got the jacket, hover cars, neon lights and holograms everywhere, and upgrades to literally plug into your gun. What did they miss, the inlay shoulder pads?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Apparently Cyberpunk trailer had a secret message of some kind that lead to a text file the says gameplay demo for E3 will be closed door event and won't be shown until August. :smith:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Johnny Silverhand Keanu already has a poser gang of him.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

El_Elegante posted:

Mankind Divided is a great iteration on HR’s gameplay and Prague stands out as an excellent gated hub system. Saying the weak/unresolved plot ruins the game experience is one thing, but it doesn’t make those gameplay systems bad.

Weak/unresolved plot becomes a problem when they take out said plot to sells back to you, on day 1 of the game being released no less. :psyduck:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Maggot Soup posted:

An entire soundtrack of synthwave is going to get old quick. I really like what they did with Witcher 3, so my bar is going to be high.

Seriously :frogout:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

D. Ebdrup posted:

I'm basically already building my synthwave playlist for CP2077. So far it's some 33 hours long, so I clearly need more.

You need to get some Red Marker and Tangerine Dream in there.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

And as the video mentions, heat dissapation is a huge problem with caseless ammo firearms. In a normal gun the ejected brass gets rid of a chunk of the heat produced. With caseless ammo you still have the detonating powder and the heat just goes into the receiver.

Pretty much the modern developed versions of the m16 and ak74 are about as good as a military standard issue rifle is gonna get until something really crazy changes like a solution to caseless ammo or literally like directed energy weapons. All the other stuff is just way too expensive for very marginal improvements.

It should be noted the reason why caseless ammo imparts a crap ton of heat to the gun itself is because the casing, instead of being eject it’s designed in such a way to evaporate/disintegrate when the round is fired.

Now there was a class of weapons that was mechanical similar to regular guns, fired caseless rounds, and was actually deadlier then most firearms called Gryojet guns, but they had their own slew of problems that made them insane to use.

E: gryojets guns are basically bolters from 40k

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Gyrojet guns were abandoned because they couldn't hit a barn door at 20 yards. I'm not even exaggerating.

Largely because the stockpile of ammo made for these guns was hand made, which meant any mistake to the round would thow it off course. They had a handful machined factory rounds made when they sent it for military trial that supposedly fixed the problem, but none are known to still exist to test whether this is true or not.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

wiegieman posted:

Keep in mind that the gyroget fires by having a hammer hit the rocket on the nose, and recocks by the rocket pushing that hammer out of the way.

It's beautiful in its sheer foolishness.

There are some definite hitches with this design of gyrojets on a conceptional level, but the overall idea behind caseless rocketed bullets has notable advantages over traditional ballistics. The problem isn't the idea itself, the problem is refinement; given a little time with R&D and gyrojets would be completely viable in all regards, course who would want to fund development for a type of gun that's only just comparable to traditional firearms when they work fine as is.

There's a reason why Metalstorm never toke off (partially because they were absolutely retarded to reload).

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

For more music talk, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Juda Priest - Turbo Lover

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

frajaq posted:

why can't more games just copy the RE4 briefcase inventory system, this isn't rocket surgery devs

After prequel Deus Ex games and Escape From Tarkov, I rather just have the weight system to be honest. Inventory Tetris is only interesting when the number of items you can pick-up is very limited, I don't see that being the case for Cyberpunk 2077.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

w00tmonger posted:

Any news on that press only gameplay getting shown off at Gamescom this week?

Show-room floors open before the conferences, show anything probably a day or so from now.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:hmmyes:
Hopefully the ~games journalists~ are furiously typing on their phones to get the impression articles out. :f5:

CD Projekt Red Negatively Stereotypes all Asains as Chain Smokers in latest demo! - Polygon

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Also, the game gives you loads of cool ways to kill people, then calls you an rear end in a top hat and gives you a bad ending for using them.

That's why I never got into the modern Deus Ex games. I don't like the feeling of the narrative punishing me for using the cool toys and abilities the game gave me.

Wow, what did you do to earn that red text, I have to know?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

"let's create hundreds of procedurally generated planets"

"awesome are we gonna have interesting stories and NPCs on all of them?"

*crickets*

The core premise was alright, you'd have developer created planets and events with all the story bits mixed into your randomized planets for exploration and filler content, this would allow you to inject new content in the form of DLC without disrupting the overall game experience. The problem though was the scale in which they planned to do this and not knowing when to scrap the idea because they couldn't get it to work.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Six AM posted:

Maybe youll learn your lesson about listening to goons

I’m pretty sure the Goon consensus was don’t read it.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Who knew an officer at the D.O.I had time to make music between hunting down mildly annoying immigrants.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Unfortunately gamers were conditioned by other games to ignore warnings, so when the guy at Sloan says "hey buddy don't go north the things up there just get mad when you shoot 'em," your average player figured it was meaningless banter like in everything else they play and got wrecked by the baby deathclaw hanging out in the road.

The developers also put two very obvious alternate route through a canyon and one behind Goodsprings and peppered the beginning area with numerous stealthboys so they could proceed past that one dangerous route if they wanted to. People still bitched and complained that it was impossible to get past it.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 21, 2020

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

sebmojo posted:

The game is a normal length, people have brainworms over it. i think I took 40 hours to beat it? I have 60 on record, but I re did the start and played some of the beginning again after I finished.

It really is an unfinished in the most literal sense, the game became the centerpiece for squabbling between various executives, in particular ones from the Japanese branch and the NA branch. Executive interference in the game was extremely high to the point it was slowing down development of the game, compounded by different executives pushing different ideas where future gaming marketing trends were going to go, which ended in them giving conflicting orders such as; pushing the game to be episodic, have the game be turned into a live service game, and resale in-game mission as dlc for the full experience. Needless to say, the meddling and extremely bad marketing (see pre-order Kickstarter goals) lead to the game’s downfall.

IO talked extensively about how this what happened to the Hitman series and how the DX:MD team had it much worst.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Mk11.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

sebmojo posted:

p hosed up (imo)

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

alex314 posted:

New Witcher Sense, I imagine it took quite some scripting work..

It works exactly like Batman: Arkham Origin detective mode. :v: